The online racing simulator
Demo Sub-forum
(26 posts, started )

Poll : Would like if there was a demo sub-forum?

No
Yes
Demo Sub-forum
Give your vote what you think about making a sub-forum for demo racers, and explain why you voted yes/no.

Why i think there should be made a demo sub-forum, because there are too many demo racers with a S2 hacked license. So i suggest to make a demo racer sub-forum. And forbid access to download track layers etc... for demo racers.

Anyways i vote yes.
#2 - VoiD
<- voted "NO"

There´s no need for a so called "demo-sub-forum". Simply because the demo-content (physics/demo-tracks/demo-cars) is the same as the S2-Blackwood-content.
I really can´t see the point...

btw: I highly doubt there´s a "cracked/hacked" way to play an actuall/uptodate LFS-version with all the (licencend) features
online.

If you like like the demo-content feel free to post here.

EDIT:
Personally I couldn´t care less about all those muppets "playing" a "*racked"-(tweaked patch Z) LFS offline... they miss the whole fun about this great sim/"game"....
Quote from VoiD :<- voted "NO"

There´s no need for a so called "demo-sub-forum". Simply because the demo-content (physics/demo-tracks/demo-cars) is the same as the S2-Blackwood-content.
I really can´t see the point...

btw: I highly doubt there´s a "cracked/hacked" way to play an actuall/uptodate LFS-version online.

I think it should be the same as in-game. Licenced people should get access to all sections, and demo racers only to a few.
I voted no, as (I don't mean to be rude here, or pick on you in particular, I'm just being blunt) you haven't contributed anything to either the devs or the community, so why should you get your own special demo area? If anything, I think there should be a special S1/S2 area, or at least restrict demo access to certain current forums.

Quote from VoiD :btw: I highly doubt there´s a "cracked/hacked" way to play an actuall/uptodate LFS-version online.

Unfortunately there is
Quote from dougie-lampkin :
Unfortunately there is

You mean those who connect without having a username? Scawen just released patch Z2 with cracker detection.
Nah, then I woiuld have to flame demo racers on two separate forums, and that's just too complicated.
Quote from hrtburnout :You mean those who connect without having a username? Scawen just released patch Z2 with cracker detection.

Ah, I think that's fixed so. My mistake
#8 - AMB
Quote from VoiD :btw: I highly doubt there´s a "cracked/hacked" way to play an actuall/uptodate LFS-version online.

You'd be suprised, unfortunately
Voted yes. Why not give them some space. All the demo racer trashing gets old here.
Why not give them their own section, only allowing them usage of the Off-Topic and the Technical assistance forums, along with their own. That way, there will be no demo user making suggestions for a game they're not going to buy anyway!

But overall, what we/I think doesn't matter so I didn't even bother voting.
I see what OP is saying - to stop them accessing layouts and good s2 addons + content. But in my opinion I figure the devs are not that overly concerned about that. They know there will be small groups illegally using S2.

All the addons and content you want to block from s2 crackers can be downloaded from other sources such as LFS-database. So it would be in vain anyway.

Separate sub-forum; I don't think it will happen. The devs redesigned the "search master server list" and connection system to bring the community together as one and to stop the separate groups becoming more separated. So I doubt they will do a back-flip on that concept and make a separate sub-forum.

Also it would get too annoying if every general question asked in the demo section was answered in the s2 section and the demo players constantly would be saying, can you post that info in here cause I cant access that section. End up with duplication everywhere about general stuff.

I think demo players can make valid contributions as well. They might say how something maybe improved, it's happened in the past I am sure. Nothing wrong with that. They can also make bizaar suggestions about "more demo content plz", but not everyone is perfectly sane. Two sided coin.

Cheers all. (demo and s1 and s2 ppl)
#12 - MR_B
Let's not alienate our source of longevity.

</thread>
I voted no, because I think that browsing the forums for a demo-guy can make him learn new stuff about LFS and make him by it (layouts, tracks, screenshots, cars, add-ons, etc..)
I vote yes. There are so many flame wars between "licensed" and "Demo" players on the general forum. A demo sub forum might stop the pointless bitching between them.
Quote from major_syphillis :Voted yes. Why not give them some space. All the demo racer trashing gets old here.

It would be the exact difference of that. Space would be taken away from them. And isn't it "trashing", too, when you just kick them out?

Quote from Rotary :I vote yes. There are so many flame wars between "licensed" and "Demo" players on the general forum. A demo sub forum might stop the pointless bitching between them.

So we should have forums for drifters and cruisers, too? And religious and non-religious people? And Americans and non-Americans?

There is pointless bitching between all of these groups.
Maybe a Crackers Forum and Cheaters Forum too?
Quote from Amynue :Maybe a Crackers Forum and Cheaters Forum too?

Automatic ban for everyone who makes a post in there?
Why should we need separate demo forum? Current forum is for S2, S1 and demo users.

The dev team spent quite some time updating the online part for patch Z re-uniting licensed and demo racers / hosts.
Please explain me why they would now take a step backwards and separate demo from licensed in the forums...
I'd vote NO because with the exception of it being possible to harass with multiple accounts, there is nothing specific to demo in LFS. Another thing I'd like to point out is that demo members aren't a non-concern. Their issues are just as valid as anyone else's, and their contributions to LFS aren't exclusive to other demo users.
No, Nope, Nah, anyway all demo users are potential S2 drivers
Yes, but hosted on some crappy free forum site with banner ads, popups and crap everywhere, completely un-modded. Let them run free, since that's how they like it.

No point wasting bandwidth on the official site when they don't give anything back.
Nope

It'd lead to demo users being harrassed more simply FOR being demo users, and also demo users are not able to upload addons (e.g. Epidermis Boy's interiors), we'd lose a lot of creativity
Why do people moan so much about DEMO people? i mean get a life! Wow? Really.... sitting behind your pc saying same old crap.. demo this demo that? We all came from it didn't we? I was playing demo in 2003, then brought S1 in 2004, then S2 in 2006.
Voted No.

Demo Sub-forum
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG