The online racing simulator

Poll : Did Lewis Hamilton deserve this title? (i do) :P

Closed since :
Yep!
No!
Dont know
Quote from Becky Rose :But seriously, your post even admitted that FIA have been hampering McLaren as the dominant team

i think they might have done that but of course i cant be certain of anything

Quote :then you flame people for being cynical about it?

for one i dont flame please youre above using silly 14 year old quakenetuser lingo
also yes i do dislike the whole ferrari international assistance nonsense when bernies track record clearly shows that hell favour whoever is second

Quote from SamH :I'm under the impression that Kimi's been cornered into winter testing with Ferrari.. something he hates to do but his slack approach and lack of off-season testing is what Ferrari are seeing as the reason for his lack-lustre performance this year.

Alonso, however, is very good during off-season testing and will drive a car all day and give good, usable feedback to the engineers.

possibly also why ferrari have been gradually moving down the ladder the last 2 years... schumacher was a brilliant development driver just like alonso is while kimi seems to be the exact opposite
The Glock hating is clearly unwarranted. The timing board, the weather and the slicks are all just too compelling to make the conspiracy theory anything beyond laughable. However, the FIA conspiracy is much less a theory because it's evidenced so clearly, so many times. Not just in this last season and the season before, but going back to the signing of the last Concorde agreement.

McLaren were at the sharp end of the GPWC, forming a breakaway series along with the other top teams and for Mosley and the FIA, that made an enemy out of Ron Dennis. At the same time, Ferrari screwed over the other teams by "guzumping" them all and signing the new Concorde agreement. That destroyed the chances of the teams freeing themselves from the FIA millstone around their necks and guaranteed Jean Todt as the next FIA president.

So no, it's not a conpsiracy theory, it's Mosley/FIA revenge. And everyone who still thinks that Mosley would never seek revenge is either in denial or self-delusion, or doesn't know much about Mosley, or just plain doesn't remember much of their F1 history. The question was never really about whether Mosley would pursue his arch-nemesis Ron Dennis. That was a given. The actual question was how OVERTLY he would do it. That question, for many, has been answered over the last two seasons and has left people up and down the paddock completely awe-struck.
Quote from dawguk :I'm sorry "dude", but his English was perfectly good.

Also, the term "classy" is not gender specific, and is quite common to call a man "classy". If anything, it's you that is struggling with their English

As for the F1, it was exciting, and the best man won

Well, I speak HIS language, as well as my own, so I suggest you butt out.

Quote from NotAnIllusion :Sauce?

edit: this? http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71961

Yep, it was kind of risky.

That's bullshank, for McLaren Vettel was the target after he overtook, which then switched to Glock after Vettel passed.
Classy is not female specific at all! What a stupid thing to suggest.
In terms of the Glock conspiracy, Trulli also stayed out on dry tyres and did a final lap of 1:44.80, to Glock's 1:44.7. So unless Trulli was in on the conspiracy as well, I think it's safe to say that it's just hard to drive a groove-tyred car on a damp track, and leave it at that.
Quote from SamH :So no, it's not a conpsiracy theory, it's Mosley/FIA revenge. And everyone who still thinks that Mosley would never seek revenge is either in denial or self-delusion, or doesn't know much about Mosley, or just plain doesn't remember much of their F1 history. The question was never really about whether Mosley would pursue his arch-nemesis Ron Dennis. That was a given. The actual question was how OVERTLY he would do it. That question, for many, has been answered over the last two seasons and has left people up and down the paddock completely awe-struck.

I'm sure Mosley would like to go for the public whipping option!
Quote from StableX :I'm sure Mosley would like to go for the public whipping option!

Muhaha!
Quote from DarkTimes :In terms of the Glock conspiracy, Trulli also stayed out on dry tyres and did a final lap of 1:44.80, to Glock's 1:44.7. So unless Trulli was in on the conspiracy as well, I think it's safe to say that it's just hard to drive a groove-tyred car on a damp track, and leave it at that.

Exactly.

It is worth noting however that even tho they did the same laptime Glock was about 1s faster in sector 1 and 2 yet 3s slower than trulli in the last sector but this was obviously down to being compromised as about 4 cars passed him in 2 corners aswell as the rain coming down even heavier than before.

Quote from tristancliffe :Classy is not female specific at all! What a stupid thing to suggest.

So, if a guy farts it's nothing, if a girl does it it's unclassy. Therefore the word is used more on women than men, therefore it IS sex specific. Just like beautiful, you can't call a man beautiful, you call him handsome, beautiful WORKS but in reality, it's not the correct word.
Quote from BlueFlame :So, if a guy farts it's nothing, if a girl does it it's unclassy. Therefore the word is used more on women than men, therefore it IS sex specific.

Utter rubbish. Get a new English teacher.
Quote from BlueFlame :So, if a guy farts it's nothing, if a girl does it it's unclassy. Therefore the word is used more on women than men, therefore it IS sex specific. Just like beautiful, you can't call a man beautiful, you call him handsome, beautiful WORKS but in reality, it's not the correct word.

But its not gender specific on a grammatical basis, and what do you mean you can't call a man beautiful? You can call him whatever you like, just don't call him blonde (blond is the masculine grammatical gender )

I think you're just explaining the social acceptance of certain words, but it doesn't mean you can never call a man classy, so its not gender specific.
Quote from The Moose :Utter rubbish. Get a new English teacher.

+1!!
I've read more stupid stuff, but not a lot.
Compliment a guy with, oh your classy or , you're beautiful, see where it gets you lol, in bar 69 i'll tell ya
Quote from BlueFlame :Compliment a guy with, oh your classy or , you're beautiful, see where it gets you lol, in bar 69 i'll tell ya

I think classy is a word that can be used in a masculine context in a more limited set of circumstances than it can be used in a feminine context. None-the-less, some of the drivers in that race put in a classy performance.
Quote from BlueFlame :Compliment a guy with, oh your classy or , you're beautiful, see where it gets you lol, in bar 69 i'll tell ya

Whereas you have great success complimenting men with words like handsome, or hunky?

Classy basically means 'demonstrating class'. A man who is a "class act" can be called "classy" quite legitimately.

Just because you don't use a word in a certain way doesn't mean nobody does. You perhaps should consider that before jumping to criticise someone for it.
Quote from BlueFlame :The term 'Classy' Only applies to women, a man can't be 'classy' even sarcastically or it sounds like you're a bit ginger beer...

You should walk on your hands ...
Out of curiosity, why do the people that have voted no in the poll think Lewis didn't deserve it?
Quote from The Moose :Out of curiosity, why do the people that have voted no in the poll think Lewis didn't deserve it?

Hamilton could win in a Force India and people would still call him cr4p. They think they're being original. People have been like it since 96. I know, I WAS THERE!

I was chatting with Hill back in late 06/early07 about Hamilton and some dude with us was saying how Hamilton wasn't that good and all that. About how he was crap in karts (complete nonsence BTW).

After, Hill asked if this guy was right, I assured Hill that Hamilton was WDC material and was simply THAt GOOD and people had been saying that nonsence about Hamilton for years. I guess I was right (nothing new there then)
Quote from The Moose :Out of curiosity, why do the people that have voted no in the poll think Lewis didn't deserve it?

IMO neither Lewis or Massa truely deserved the title, although it's a bit stupid to say that, has they both did enough to be there at the end of the day. Both should have won it weeks ago, and both made a fair number of mistakes.

For me the drive of the year goes to Kubica and Vettel. Kubica has been the more consistant and considering he was in a weaker car to the Mclaren and Ferrari then , just feel if Kubica was in a Ferrari or Mclaren we would have had a different champion.

BTW for all the guys complaining at the crowd booing, lets not forget the British crowd cheering as Schumacher crashed in Silverstone.

See Mackie's answer.

Just add Alonso to the list of Kubica and Vettel.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :IMO neither Lewis or Massa truely deserved the title, although it's a bit stupid to say that, has they both did enough to be there at the end of the day. Both should have won it weeks ago, and both made a fair number of mistakes.

For me the drive of the year goes to Kubica and Vettel. Kubica has been the more consistant and considering he was in a weaker car to the Mclaren and Ferrari then , just feel if Kubica was in a Ferrari or Mclaren we would have had a different champion.

BTW for all the guys complaining at the crowd booing, lets not forget the British crowd cheering as Schumacher crashed in Silverstone.

But you have to consider neither of those were championship contendors, and had less pressure put upon them.
Quote from Intrepid :But you have to consider neither of those were championship contendors, and had less pressure put upon them.

Its a fair point, but for a great championship win, I would expect little/no mistakes. Lewis still made rookie mistakes, his passes were suspect as was his defending of his postion. Massa was let down by a team who decided to muck about with new procedures at vital points, while also having woeful reliabilty issues. Also Massa made many mistakes as well, and looked as if he threw in the towel at times. You would'nt see those mistakes coming from the likes of Schumacher.

As for them not being contenders, Kubica was in there with an outside chance right up to the last race, considering the gulf in speed between the cars, thats a great drive by any standard.

I still firmly believe that if Kubica was in a Mclaren or a Ferrari we would have had a diffrent Champion.
Quote from Intrepid :But you have to consider neither of those were championship contendors, and had less pressure put upon them.

A truly deserving champion should not break under pressure, should he?
Quote from wien :Srsly? I never knew. What would be the appropriate word for a "classy man" so I can properly insult Andy?

Nah, he's talking out of his ass. Classy can apply to anyone or anything.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG