The online racing simulator
Making my own wheel
(166 posts, started )
Quote from Bose321 :Little bump. Just got my balscrew all i have to do now is, order a cogwheel, and some bearings. then i can put it together, so i think i can play next week

Maybe i'll make some pics of the balscrew, i'll see.

-bose

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Is there any more news on this project? Would like to know how it turns out

Nope, we've been without updates all evening!
Noo, I mean like pictures and stuff.

lol, i put it together really fast, so it isn't put together like it should, but it shows a bit how it will look like.
Attached images
DSC01619.JPG
DSC01620.JPG
DSC01621.JPG
Wow o_o - Wondering what it'll look like when it's finished

Nice RC car btw
Thanks the RC car is one of my Serpents
how many degrees will the wheel turn? and you already know what motor you gonna put in it?
well, if my maths are correct, it will have 900 degrees, and adjustable. or 720, not sure yet. and im keeping the current motor atm.
Isnt it a bit long??
what u have done with the rc exhaust? was a wall in the way? ^^ i got some rc cars too with lill engine
And ma brother got a HPI Baya Buggy 1:5

Good luck with ur Wheel
it isn't long about 40cm.

What do you mean with with wall?
Update!?!?!?
oh, hai. I ordered the bearings yesterday. This wensday when im at the company i might make the holes bigger for the bearings if i have time. When that's done, and i have the last part, it's time to drive I might order a new cogwheel though, for more rotation, not sure yet...

-Bose
If you do get a bigger cogwheel, though. Won't the ffb be messed up, as it is wired/configured to whatever rotation your other wheel had?
good question, but no, the software thinks it's sending max of 90degrees, but the wheel is actualy receiving more, so i don't think it will go wierd etc.
And if this al works, i might rebuild it, place the motor somewhere else, for even better results. but that is a bit private at the moment.
You will get weaker FFB though .
Weaker then what? And why?
#66 - CSU1
Quote from Bose321 :
And if this al works, i might rebuild it, place the motor somewhere else, for even better results. but that is a bit private at the moment.

...I see , it's all disturbingly clear to me now that you plan to attach ffb to your balls!

Private

j/k, how much $$$ thus far?
Quote from Bose321 :Weaker then what? And why?

more rotation of the wheel... the FFB will be weaker.
Quote from CSU1 :...I see , it's all disturbingly clear to me now that you plan to attach ffb to your balls!

Private

j/k, how much $$$ thus far?

well, the ballscrew was 180 euro, and the bearings are 10 euro

Quote from G!NhO :more rotation of the wheel... the FFB will be weaker.

Why?
Quote from Bose321 :well, the ballscrew was 180 euro, and the bearings are 10 euro

Why?

hoe meer een wiel moet draaien hoe langzamer hij word volgens mij
Quote from G!NhO :hoe meer een wiel moet draaien hoe langzamer hij word volgens mij

Nope, it won't make a difference
I don't know how he explained it, but if you have a bigger cogwheel on your motor, it will allow for more rotation, but it will weaken the ffb. Go on your push bike and put your pedal-cog on highest (so its at its biggest) and try riding, you should find it's harder than if you have it at the smallest cog. (Unless you are uberl33tstrong) .
yeah, true. but i mean, i had my ffb strenght at only 80% or something like that, so i could always turn it up
Quote from Bose321 :yeah, true. but i mean, i had my ffb strenght at only 80% or something like that, so i could always turn it up

80% is already a quite high value, the motor will cary excessive loads and will have much higher chances to burn.
Just a simple math, you can increase the strength 20% more while still being in "safe limits", but the rotation increases 300% (if it will be 720*) so is the torque, I don't think overcoming this will be as easy as just increase the strengh of FFB...
i do not care. I'm going to write my own script and buy a new motor anyways i think.
I think he means, as the FFB motor produces torque, lets say, x.
with a cogwheel size of 1.
so force equals x/1
if you put a bigger cogwheel (lets say 2)
so now the force will be x/2. !!!!
correct me if im wrong in any of this, and, these numbers don't represent the real thingy.

had any big updates??

Making my own wheel
(166 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG