The online racing simulator
liar... its a race boat....

shit i got pwnd with the same joke lmao XD
Nice! Rims are weird though.
-
(okijuhans) DELETED by okijuhans
Been working on this Vray Scene with the help okijuhans
Still a WIP, need to work on my lighting, a bit to dark on the left top corner.
Attached images
XRT_preview.jpg
use the global illumination and a backlight
Quote from tikshow :use the global illumination and a backlight

sorry, newbie here, where do i do that
Quote from Bose321 :sorry, newbie here, where do i do that

press f10, set the renderer to vray, then click on the indirect illumination panel, where you can turn on the indirect illumination(gi)

use irradiance map for primary bounces and use light cache for secondary bounces(it's the fastest if i know well)
Thanks

i think this is kinda better
Attached images
XRT_preview.jpg
You beat almost all Brazil scenes with that Typical Brazil render = blue windows. And more C&C for my render. I worked hard and now i would like to know what i must change.

BTW this thread is a bit funny. If someone makes typical Brazil render then everybody says : wow, awesome. But if some persons make some VRAY scenes and like to get some feedback then nobody anwers

http://www.morrowdesigns.eu/ol ... 0001/FZR_ASTONMARCELO.jpg

MorrowDesigns atleast got rid of that disgusting blue line.

Dont want to offend anybody, but thats typical - http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=51294&d=1205415925 . As you can see in real life you have not such blue windows and that line.

Dissapointed a bit right now. How I can fix problems, when nobody says whats wrong.

And I am not saying that all Brazil renders suck, but default scenes are not so great. IanH made terrific job.
That blue line is the reflection plane, you see it in real studio pics of cars, not as much as in the renders, but it's still there.
http://www.cg-cars.com/forum/g ... ps-wallpaper_3dcenter.jpg

Vray studio. Ok thats the plane, but is that plane with so sharp edges like you can see in Brazil scene ?

Its unrealistic when plane is with sharp edges. I dont know a real life light that gives such a effect.

You are 3D guy and you talk like that.
Quote from Bose321 :Thanks

i think this is kinda better

Nice Vray render "Bose321"

Im also trying a scene, but still need more changes on those materials. Is it true that "chrome" is not visible in Vrays?

Well I'll try that also one of this days when all of my materials are set to Vray renders.
Yea I made one for myself. Vraymaterials.de is meka for Vray users. Brazil sucks, because it doesnt have materials etc, but for Vray you can find like 20 different chrome materials etc.
Quote from okijuhans :http://www.cg-cars.com/forum/g ... ps-wallpaper_3dcenter.jpg

Vray studio. Ok thats the plane, but is that plane with so sharp edges like you can see in Brazil scene ?

Its unrealistic when plane is with sharp edges. I dont know a real life light that gives such a effect.

I'm just using the same IanH scenes as a lot of other people here, I know bugger all about the render engines or lighting. I hardly even use 3ds MAX now.
Quote from okijuhans :

They are both realistic, it is just a different lighting setup. In real life photography, photograher tends to use large lightbox above their shooting objects, to give a more even lighting. And that is where the sharp edge come in to view. Some photograher will adjust the lightbox position so that it will not be seen so obvious in the shot.
However, some reflections are needed on the glass, otherwise it will look like no glass on the car.

Remember...3D render can do things that real life can't. for example I can make a light plane to generate light only but not visible in the reflection by clicking an option to make the plane invisible to camera. But that is not real, you can't do that in real life. Just like in the old days where artist will airbrush out some harsh reflections that they don't want to see.

I have no problems with what renderer people use to render. But what is important is the lighting set up. Some I've seen are too dark which will need some light to bounce on the darkest area to obtain details of the car. But some are flooded with too much light and look like a 2D cartoon.
I've taken the reflection ring from the scene with the Suzuki GSXR and turned the output down to 1.7 and tested it with a car, it looks better on the car I tested it on than having the reflection plane above the car. I might need a combo of the 2 though.
Attached images
Concept car scene test.jpg
Concept car scene test2.jpg
AS you can see, its better now
Quote from LineR32 :I've taken the reflection ring from the scene with the Suzuki GSXR and turned the output down to 1.7 and tested it with a car, it looks better on the car I tested it on than having the reflection plane above the car. I might need a combo of the 2 though.

is that an edited FO8?
your window glass material is not right. It shouldn't be that dark which you can't see through the rear windscreen to view the white background colour.
Quote from Bose321 :is that an edited FO8?

Yep, it's based on 1 of the cars from Ridge Racer Type 4.
Quote from okijuhans :Fixed some problems - give that a second go. If anybody sees something wrong please tell me.

http://pes.pri.ee/kraam/XRR_test5.png

Make the Fog lights real (keep the textured bit and detach it, find out how to make it look like real glass) and maybe do the same with the indicators. That would make it more realistic.

Rendered this while playing Worms on my DS.
Attached images
Assoluto concept car.jpg

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG