The online racing simulator
It's coming!! LFSW Updates!
(116 posts, started )
Nooooo, only sms alrert and messages ? WTF?! I wont pay anymore, and i have my personal mobile plus mine parents pays for abonament.
i just wanna to say..need path R!!! Smile
i think some people will find this feature useful Wink
Yaay, a pay feature to use text messaging on my PREPAID mobile phone. Oh well, thanks DEVS for the small progress report! :bowdown: Everything sounds cool. Can't wait for the patch! Thumbs up
Makes one really curious now that they're waiting to release, even though the aero / tires are fixed.... very interesting indeed....

Does his statement regarding the angle of spoilers mean that high nose setups won't work anymore?

EDIT: makes you think that the extra feature they're playing with is core physics based?
#55 - axus
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Makes one really curious now that they're waiting to release, even though the aero / tires are fixed.... very interesting indeed....

Does his statement regarding the angle of spoilers mean that high nose setups won't work anymore?

EDIT: makes you think that the extra feature they're playing with is core physics based?

The high-nose sets won't work anymore - that was part of the reason for needing the patch so bad. The other feature could be chassis flex or extra grip on the racing line, both of which are core physics... apart from that I don't see any other physics improvements needed... maybe asymetric suspension settings...
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :

Doesn't make me think that.

Anyhoo, sort of fairly interesting LFSworld update. Good for people who are too lazy to start their computer up to see if they want to play on their computer with their friends....... .......and for people who simply must respond within the hour to someone taking their wr.
I hope the old setups will be unavailable to use after the new patch.
#58 - axus
The .set specs will remain the same I'm sure unless there are asymetric suspension settings. The current settings will be obselet anyway though.
Quote from sinbad :Doesn't make me think that.

Guess I shouldn't overgeneralize.

"Could make one think that..."

Smile
Quote from axus :The .set specs will remain the same I'm sure unless there are asymetric suspension settings. The current settings will be obselet anyway though.

I'm hoping to see some people forget that, and see their GTR go flying once they get some speed up! Big grin
What i really think about the new feature...?
I'm confused about the wing angle thing. Victor said that the downforce and drag depends on the actual wing angle, not the value in the setup. Therefore it takes into account the car body angle (and thus the angle of attack of the wing, so less downforce when braking hard for example and a degree of pitch sensitivity (great)), but does it also mean that the wing angles are visible on the cars? Like, can we see that the oval cars are on little wing and SO cars are on high wing settings????? I like surprises, but at the same time they're so annoying. I've always been crap at waiting for Christmas to open my presents - I always like to give a little shake and a guess beforehand
Quote from tristancliffe :so less downforce when braking hard for example

you mean more df when braking
(not considering undertray here)
I just noticed this thing. Open the "LFS Racers database" and look at the "additional search options". What is that "experience" thing? I tried to search myself but didn't find anything (tried all the "experience ranks". What is that (experience)???

I guess it has been there before...?
Dunno if its been there before, but im sure you guys a seraching every inch of the lfsw trying to find a tip (not the word i wanted, couldnt remember the right one tho) about the new patchRazz Big grin
Quote from _rod_ :Dunno if its been there before, but im sure you guys a seraching every inch of the lfsw trying to find a tip (not the word i wanted, couldnt remember the right one tho) about the new patchRazz Big grin

hint?Wink
LFS Credit, ha! That reminds me of;

Insert Coin to start race.

Goodbye pennies!
that one, maybe i couldnt find cause i was typing on the online translator as "rinch", every time it didnt came up we the anwser i was like "stupid thing, doesnt even know inglish properly". Big grin
Quote from Hyperactive :I just noticed this thing. Open the "LFS Racers database" and look at the "additional search options". What is that "experience" thing? I tried to search myself but didn't find anything (tried all the "experience ranks". What is that (experience)???

In single player, there's a place where you can set your difficulty level from Newbie to Pro. The main difference is in how many credits you get for winning a race(More for Pro). Since no one in the racers database has a rank yet, it must be new on LFSWorld. Maybe it'll be a profile option for players to rank themselves according to how experienced they feel they are?

SMS Alerts? I can take them or leave them. Shrug I would have rather had the web alerts integrated into LFS so if a friend goes online when I'm in the middle of a race I can get in-game notification. Driving and mobile phones are a bad combination on real roads and on virtual roads as well! Big grin
yeah i really dont get the purpose of sms since when u need anything lfs related u should be near a computer...
but anyway, its there, but i dont care about it. again a purposeless flower showing lack of route and macro plan, unless im missing something.
what i really would like is lfs ingame broadcasts from scawen or/and customizable rss feeds from lfsw. that yes, imho, makes sense.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :yeah i really dont get the purpose of sms since when u need anything lfs related u should be near a computer...

You can think of scenarios where it can be useful...

Let's say you don't want to sit next to your computer the whole time, and instead you want to watch TV (for example). Then one of your friends can go online and you could receive the alert that he's on a host. Or he (or any LFS user) could SMS you from in-game, without you having to give anyone your number.

The other thing I like is just SENDING an SMS. It's so easy to just type in a message instead of using that number pad on the phone. And it's cheap for international messages - on my phone they are 20p. From LFSW they are only 12p.
We need a new penalty system for using the phone whilst driving.
Quote from Becky Rose :We need a new penalty system for using the phone whilst driving.

Yeah, just think of the possibilities. For a few quid, you can distract your opponents. Send out a few SMS, and victory will be yours! Big grin (Until they learn to switch off their phones.)
Quote from Scawen :You can think of scenarios where it can be useful...

Let's say you don't want to sit next to your computer the whole time, and instead you want to watch TV (for example). Then one of your friends can go online and you could receive the alert that he's on a host. Or he (or any LFS user) could SMS you from in-game, without you having to give anyone your number.

The other thing I like is just SENDING an SMS. It's so easy to just type in a message instead of using that number pad on the phone. And it's cheap for international messages - on my phone they are 20p. From LFSW they are only 12p.

I just like to add something to that. For leagues it can be pretty usefull. During the 24h race I had to leave MSN, IRC, Ventrillo and whatnot on just to make sure someone could wake me up in case the server would crash. Using a phone it's a lot easier.
#75 - shim
Quote from Hyperactive :I just noticed this thing. Open the "LFS Racers database" and look at the "additional search options". What is that "experience" thing? I tried to search myself but didn't find anything (tried all the "experience ranks". What is that (experience)???

twas there when i got S2 a few days ago.. before Vic added the SMS alerts..

It's coming!! LFSW Updates!
(116 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG