The online racing simulator
Well im 18, not like thats important too much, but he sounds like a 16 year old, and im wthinking, back in what day? :drink:
He's obviously not aware that F1 is the least gentlemanly it has ever been. In fact, I think most simple things about racing cars pass him by (and most complicated things).

Edit: Hurrah - the FIA saw sense, and threw out the appeal (according to Autosport): http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70792
Quote from tristancliffe :He's about 18. But only looks about 12, or at least he did a couple of years ago.

maybe he could pretend to be 12 and have another go at kiddie karting
He doesn't need to. He has forged a successful career out of helping kiddies into karts for the first time and teaching them how to drive a go kart for a few laps. Or at least that's what he's told me.
how much of a career can you build from telling kids "right one makes you faster left one slower press the left one before corners off you go"?
Quote from traxxion :McLaren’s Hamilton appeal ruled inadmissible

And I quote:

"However, the Court rejected McLaren’s right to appeal, citing Paragraph 5 of Article 152 of the International Sporting Code, which states: “Penalties of driving through or stopping in pit lanes together with certain penalties specified in FIA Championship regulations where this is expressly stated, are not susceptible to appeal.”

What a bloody stupid rule!

Caveat: My comment above has nothing to do with Hamilton's particular situation in this instance. I realise that this has already been 'done to death' here and I certainly do not wish to propogate further discussion about that.

My objection relates to the rule itself.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that the stewards could genuinly make a wrong decision with regard to a drive through penalty, in which case this rule prevents any correction.

ANY decision by the stewards that is subsequently found to be incorrect should have the right of appeal in my (not so ) humble opinion.
Quote from dungbeetle :And I quote:

"However, the Court rejected McLaren’s right to appeal, citing Paragraph 5 of Article 152 of the International Sporting Code, which states: “Penalties of driving through or stopping in pit lanes together with certain penalties specified in FIA Championship regulations where this is expressly stated, are not susceptible to appeal.”

Caveat: My comment above has nothing to do with Hamilton's particular situation in this instance. I realise that this has already been 'done to death' here and I certainly do not wish to propogate further discussion about that.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that the stewards could genuinly make a wrong decision with regard to a drive through penalty, in which case this rule prevents any correction.

ANY decision by the stewards that is subsequently found to be incorrect should have the right of appeal in my (not so ) humble opinion.

watch what ya say m8 the FIA are listening!!

but ya right ... Paragraph "6" of Article 152 states, "

"No team or driver, is EVER to stand against the FIA becasue we are uber, and we have a busines to run so put up and shutup"
Its mainly if it happens during a race and a drive through is forced.

It's not possible to appeal in this case because you didn't finish in the postion beforehand.
I think Hamilton didnt overtook Raikkonen by the rules , after he cutted he waited for him to pass him and then automaticly entered the slipstream=he didnt let him pass a full pass

So all McLaren fans here is my explaination.

About singpore...
I think it will be a race that will enter to the F1 and motorsports history!
I have been waiting all season long to this race. I heard that people made demos to how is it gonna look like , can some one link me please?

Thank you all and have a nice weekend.

Go Massa!
Quote from Wooofer :I think it will be a race that will enter to the F1 and motorsports history!

as the most boring and uninspiring race of all times even compared to valencia?
Quote from dungbeetle :And I quote:

How do you correct a drivethrough given in a race after the race? How do you make up for it? Give bonus points? Give grid bonus in the next quali? Certainly it doesn't make sense that it is not possible to correct an error when the results table has been re-organized after the race by the stewards. But if someone gets a drivethrough and does it during the race there just isn't a way to give it back. Or is there?
Quote from Shotglass :as the most boring and uninspiring race of all times even compared to valencia?

Curious. Even the most anti-Hami people I talk to consider the final few laps of that race to have been some of the most intense laps driven in F1 in quite some time, from a motorsports fan's perspective. Surely someone doesn't have to die for you to enjoy a race these days?
valencia... as in spain... you know city course where nothing happened?
Quote from SamH :Curious. Even the most anti-Hami people I talk to consider the final few laps of that race to have been some of the most intense laps driven in F1 in quite some time, from a motorsports fan's perspective. Surely someone doesn't have to die for you to enjoy a race these days?

Quote from Wooofer :
About singpore...
I think it will be a race that will enter to the F1 and motorsports history!

Quote from Shotglass :
as the most boring and uninspiring race of all times even compared to valencia?

Re-read. Apply Error Correction. Comprehend. Reconsider.
Quote from Mustafur :Its mainly if it happens during a race and a drive through is forced.

It's not possible to appeal in this case because you didn't finish in the postion beforehand.

Quote from Hyperactive :How do you correct a drivethrough given in a race after the race? How do you make up for it? Give bonus points? Give grid bonus in the next quali? Certainly it doesn't make sense that it is not possible to correct an error when the results table has been re-organized after the race by the stewards. But if someone gets a drivethrough and does it during the race there just isn't a way to give it back. Or is there?

Yes, under certain circumstances, I would agree with what you are saying.

If the drive through penalty actually takes place during the race, then it would indeed be impossible to work out subsequently who would have finished where, and under those circumstances the rule makes sense.

However, if a time penalty is given after the race has finished, in lieu of a drive through, then there is no 'practical' reason why an appeal should not be heard.

The time penalty was added after the race, so if it's wrong, it could just as easily be removed after the race.
Lolz, Mr Sam was Pwndz
Gah! I'm toast!
Quote from tristancliffe :He doesn't need to. He has forged a successful career out of helping kiddies into karts for the first time and teaching them how to drive a go kart for a few laps. Or at least that's what he's told me.

The same 'kiddie' karts that will lap not far off your F3 big man race car around the long straight power circuit Snetterton, and pretty much MATCH your pace around Mallory park!

That's quite amazing for a little 45hp 'kiddie' kart that is only really designed for short, narrow, 1.5 km long kart tracks!
More info please.
That more info better come in the form of a date for the race that will settle this.

I decline to read through yet another pointless debate that will surely follow and I urge all other thread participants to do the same.
Quote from Intrepid :That's quite amazing for a little 45hp 'kiddie' kart that is only really designed for short, narrow, 1.5 km long kart tracks!

it is indeed but at the end of the day its still not much more than an engine with wheels bolted to it to make the process of seperating talentless kids from talented ones relatively cheap
possibly even as much of a laugh as tristans f3 without requiring anywhere near as much maintenance but youre still a grown man (according to tristan not so much but i havent seen pics of you so ill reserve judgement) sitting on a kids toy
Oh for god sake Al, stop defending karts. And Tristan...... Yea....
Why do so many people winge on this forum, who gives a flying f** if alan looks 12, does it really matter? whats with these personal attacks, i swear the forum is full of asslickers and shitstirrers.

Carry on with the discussion 'bout your karting vs F3 car, but keep it above the belt for christ sake.
#775 - AMB
Most people on this forum are 'hard' you see, they feel safe behind their pc acting all tough, it's everywhere on the internet, and you meet them in real life and there nice as pie, but if you say what you think to their face it means your a chav see, people label me as a chav cause I may sound like one act like one or whatever, but I label most people on this game as nerds who need to get some e-pussy, and stop throwing handbags at eachother, another silly thing is everyone will flame me now, o well here it comes......

Edit: I actually support Intrepid, only because I usto race karts, and I know how fast they are, due to the fact of how light they are, i'd reckon they would beat Tristans, it's funny how because people own something they think it's thebest thing in the world.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG