The online racing simulator
RE: Under 18's attending - I know that the child protection laws class anyone under 18 as a child (although i personally see that as a complete joke) so if we needed to go down that route then we have to be very careful.

Unfortunately my Disclosure Scotland Certificate wouldn't cover me in Wales I think and ultimately it would be the karting centers call, especially regarding the camping part.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :me me me

awesome track

I have phoned the boys up at the track. I have made sure we'll get the 'Special #11' kart! I have also arranged to pre-event testing. Should I bring the data gear?

I have also got that Lewis kid to come and join our team. You know the one that lives in Switzerland now. His 2nd cousin's mate's son has S2 so he's eligible to join the team

Rock on !

Put my name down as a massive maybe
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Unfortunately my Disclosure Scotland Certificate wouldn't cover me in Wales I think and ultimately it would be the karting centers call, especially regarding the camping part.

Yea, I can't see a problem with the karting part, but the camping part might be a bit of a grey area...A couple of 16/17 year olds sleeping beside a group of strangers from teh internets mightn't exactly look like a good idea
For all those worried about the camping, we will sort out some information for b&b's etc, so don't worry too much about it, we still have a year to work this out. The camping is an added bonus IMO, it's not the end of the world if anyone has to stay somewhere else
For now, count me and my tent in as definately interested.

Tim
I'm interested too. t1ger, I live sort of between Leeds and Huddersfield, last one to Llandow smells?
Quote :If it is a private piece of land then basically there is no rules...under the owners permission anyone can drink. Never stopped me :P

Yes there is, the Child Protection Act 1933, you cannot give alchohol to an under 5 unless it's a 'medical emergency'. I'm not quite sure what medical emergencies involve getting a 5 year old so plastered they wake up chained to a policeman in a foreign country with a Las Vegas wedding certificate, but it never happened to me.
I'm going to put in a quick post to this too. I really wanted to come this time around, but I ended up doing the Stelvio Pass/Millau Bridge/Nurburgring Europe trip of a lifetime! I was still a little miffed when I came back though, ended up driving up to Sandown for some arrive and drive mayhem.

Consider myself subscribed to this thread with much interest, although obviously, it is a little way off yet.
Quote from Becky Rose :Yes there is, the Child Protection Act 1933, you cannot give alchohol to an under 5 unless it's a 'medical emergency'. I'm not quite sure what medical emergencies involve getting a 5 year old so plastered they wake up chained to a policeman in a foreign country with a Las Vegas wedding certificate, but it never happened to me.

Right well that is a bit far fetched but i mean too a 16/17 year old drinking, is really the owners choice...well in Scotland anyway i don't know about Wales.
Well for anyone under 18 that is their excuse. They were feeling to sober.

thats a medical emergancy
Quote from jasonmatthews :

The event:
Racing in teams of 3 (or more, depends on signups) we will have 1 or 2 hour practice starting at 9am, then 15 minutes qualification, then 6 hour endurance race, which will start around 12. Each driver does a 40 minute stint, then pits for next driver in team to take over. So each driver will do 3 x 40 minute stints, with a 1 hour 20 minute break to recover between stints.

The date:
TBA (July, August?)

This event looks very promising. I have a few ideas to put forward that I hope will greatly increase the fun factor of the go-karting. (& afterwards)

Seems that you are going to hire the track for a whole day, why not run two events on that day. It seems a waste just to run one, long & possibly boring enduro. How about a Grand Prix style event in the morning, heat racing every man for himself type of thing. Then a team enduro event in the afternoon?

Also what would be the general concensous on a 5 a side torny &/or a tug o war competition for afters?

+1 for May/June as the British summer is so completely screwed these days, also we wont have to wait as long for it to come around.
Love to come, considering I couldn't attend this years...
its a bit early now, i will pop over a bit nearer the time
#66 - mr_x
I'll be there on one condition:

I have a job in Leicester/Nottingham at the time!!
Quote from mr_x :I'll be there on one condition:

I have a job in Leicester/Nottingham at the time!!

Good luck, if you ain't found a job by then, then there is no hope for you
Depends where it is, depends on job/money status, depends on my transport. If I have a big bike or a car, sure I'll come.. if not then I guess I'll just look at the pictures :[

(edit niall drive me baby please)
How long would it take to do about 500 miles on a moped, haha.

Do i need to start coming down now?
Hmm, right now I can either take my bicycle or the farm tractor. Both of which have a pretty even top speed. I'll leave yesterday

At the time I'll be 17 and have a full license though, so if any of the rental places allows 17 year olds (unlikely, most of what I've seen are 21), then I'll be driving over from Bristol or East Midlands. Should be fun!
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Hmm, right now I can either take my bicycle or the farm tractor. Both of which have a pretty even top speed. I'll leave yesterday

At the time I'll be 17 and have a full license though, so if any of the rental places allows 17 year olds (unlikely, most of what I've seen are 21), then I'll be driving over from Bristol or East Midlands. Should be fun!

Yea most are 21...There are the odd few though.

Sorry for noticing but in total how much did your computer cost you in total?
This cost me €750 delivered, an absolute steal for it's performance
Quote from Gil07 :I don't think there will be much room for non-SRs

How about Official Friends of SR?
#75 - haz
I'd be tempted to come, how well do you all know each other? Just wondering cause I know no-one at all!

LFS UK Karting Meet 2009
(652 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG