The online racing simulator
I'm not necessarily bored of LFS, lifes just got so busy that when I am home and there is a possibiltiy to log on and race I just can't be bothered it's all too much effort I'm not even sure a new patch would get me back online for more than an hour or two at the moment another six to twelve months and maybe I'll have more time me hopes
yeah, it started a year ago... im still bored of lfs.
On a different note, I raced online last night for the first time in months.

I can sympathise exactly with how many people are feeling that have posted in this topic so far. I've gone through "bored" phases of LFS two or three times, the current one being the longest.

But last night I got back into racing, and LFS still had the magic - even driving a car I don't like (XFG) around a track I don't like (SO5). Its just that, as has been discussed to death in the past, it needs the occasional injection of new or updated content to keep things feeling fresh and appealing. However, the practical solution is to accept that there will be phases of being bored of LFS, and do something in the meantime until you feel like getting back into LFS again.
well i should get my new comp in like 4 weeks so my bored phase will be over
I'm bored of all sim racing at the moment. The same happened last year. I'll probably not pick my wheel up for a good few months now. Then out of the blue I'll get the urge and find myself addicted for months again.

In the meantime....time to reinstall 100 gigs of flight sim stuff I've neglected
I've seen similar threads at various forums, both sim and arcade racers, and RAS (rec.autos.simulators newsgroup). In my opinion, overall interest in online racing started to diminish in late 2005, except for a slight blip caused by the release of Race Driver 3 in early 2006. Sim racing players are waiting for the next new game to come out, then play it for a while, and the boredom factor kicks in sooner with each cycle, because the games are so similar.
Unfortunately my "bored" phases last much longer than my "interested" phases. They also seem to happen fairly often, a week or two on, then a month off. I don't really switch to other sims though, apart from the occasional rFactor session.

But when I'm into LFS, I will play it 8+ hours a day 7 days a week
Quote from dougie-lampkin :But when I'm into LFS, I will play it 8+ hours a day 7 days a week

No wonder you get bored after 2 weeks then.

I play 5-10 hours per week for 3 1/2 years now. I had some breaks of 1 or 2 weeks but I was never "bored".
Quote from zeugnimod :No wonder you get bored after 2 weeks then.

I play 5-10 hours per week for 3 1/2 years now. I had some breaks of 1 or 2 weeks but I was never "bored".

I bet that you played more when sumo was online.

Bring back the sumo!
I bored with LFS also.. I get the kick to play it, get into a server pick a car, get on track and get into turn one lose grip crash...ah im done for this week. To me the devs need to put out more content every couple months not every 6 months. My wheel is sitting beside my desk with dust on it and has been sitting there for awhile, I dont even know if it will work anymore because of the dust that is on it. I've been playing other games RACE 07, GRID, SOF Payback, Combat Arms. They get old after awhile.
I'm going through one right now. Especially in what I play on it (bangers) I've got better things to do than spend half my time arguing with 15 year old chavs about a game. A few people that play it regularly have completely drained the enjoyment out of it for me, and the server admin doesn't want to ban the people responsible because he is being intimidated by the team they belong to and doesn't want to hurt their feelings
I'm also kinda bored of this game, so I'm usually just lurking around the forum. We need a lot of new content, and fast.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I'm also kinda bored of this game, so I'm usually just lurking around the forum. We need a lot of new content, and fast.

Yeah same here I spend half my time on forums and on them stupid browser based games..
I'm kinda bored of LFS now, but i keep playing, i REALLY want that new car and damage stuff :P

I need a life XD
I got bored drifting around in XRT so i tried FZ5 wohoo funny again!
When I get bored of FZ5 there is lx4/6..
trying something new in LFS rocks..
People yell at others because they make stupid threads, well I think its because theres no new content in the game so they are bored so they do stuff here entertain themselves.
#67 - SamH
I rarely drive these days and haven't done for quite a while, but I can always find something satisfying to do that involves LFS. Whether it's working on CTRA stuff or V1 stuff, or participating in the community in some way.. and occasionally, when time permits, enjoying someone else's hard work like IGTC or UFBabyR.

If you're willing to involve yourself, there's always some way you can be creative with LFS. Nothing else I've ever been involved in, real or virtual - from gaming to photography to amateur dramatics etc. - has held my attention for a solid 3 years before. Except one or two girlfriends from times past, but we won't go there
Quote from scoobyrbac :People yell at others because they make stupid threads, well I think its because theres no new content in the game so they are bored so they do stuff here entertain themselves.

Nahh, that's just never going to cut it as an excuse for people to act like jerks on the forum. Blame it on the devs? Gimme a break.
Quote from SamH :... Nothing else I've ever been involved in, real or virtual - from gaming to photography to amateur dramatics etc. - has held my attention for a solid 3 years before. Except one or two girlfriends from times past, but we won't go there

Two girlfriends would certainly hold my attention
Quote from The Moose :In the meantime....time to reinstall 100 gigs of flight sim stuff I've neglected

Why uninstall? I leave LFS and FS installed and never touch it.

I'd love to fly with you, Moose, on wspilots.com. I've jumped back up in the skies lately as well after a years worth of port forwarding problems since I went from dialup to DSL. I finally figured it all out.

I know there is FSPassengers, but I fly using fseconomy.com. It's pretty cool and gives a bit of purpose to the flying. I'm also doing an 1100 flight world tour on the wspilots server, all in a Beech Baron 58TC.

I'm not bored with LFS, I'm bored with the racers who are bored with LFS. I load it up still, click multiplayer, and even CTRA has hardly anyone on that could be considered a race. When the busiest (non-demo) server only has 4 people racing, it definitely gets boring.

League racing is a problem in the US because we have to cater to a time difference of 3 or 4 hours. Thus, so the west coast isn't eating dinner, the races are too late in the evening. I have to have my sleep for work and finishing up league racing at 11:30 PM just doesn't work for waking up early in the morning.
I havent been really active for ages now and its not LFS itself. Its what the majority of servers run as combos/cars.
Shame that the best cars ingame imo, are the least raced ones; lx, FZ5, RAC.
I cant stand SS as much as i try and low power FF cars were never my thing so....im playing other things when time permits
I totally agree with gogfeld. I like LRF, especially RAC which is too slow in comparison with other LRF cars, so nobody never drives it, so ti is pointless for me to drive it and be slowest on track... Now on topic... i have played LFS for few years and I got several times into this phase. When I would get bored to lfs i would make a new hardware. First i made a shifter ( long time a go, much before g25 got on market), then clutch pedal, then shiftlight, then LED tachometer, then analog tachometer... and so on... last time i tried to build digital speedometer, but failed... The point is, when i would make something i would be very interested in playing again because of new stuff... You don't need to make something, it is enough to have something new, just to make you want to drive, like new wheel or cockpit. When i got my g25 and rinoseat I spent time in driving a lot. You should try it.

And yeah, you could try not playing for a while and then join some of most crowded servers and you will probably get back to driving.
Quote from SamH : Nahh, that's just never going to cut it as an excuse for people to act like jerks on the forum. Blame it on the devs? Gimme a break.

Im not really blaming it on the Dev's...Just atleast give us something to test every month.
Quote from scoobyrbac :Im not really blaming it on the Dev's...Just atleast give us something to test every month.

Who are you blaming it on then?

The devs ARE the only people who could "give us something to test every month".
Sure I've been bored, but it never made me stop playing lfs for some longer time. I had maybe two brakes of a week in whole 2 years or so
#75 - Jakg
I get the phases too but tbh I just don't have time / interest to race atm.

In fact all I ever do on my PC anymore is browse t'interwebs

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG