The online racing simulator
Becoming a daddy seriously dented my computer time. i spend more time lurking the forum than playing these days !!
TBH the AI + graphical improvements of Patch Y meant whenever I would fire up LFS I'd play single player.. mucking around with engine sounds / checking out the interiors / downloading skins / textures. All stuff distracting me from the online world, which is what LFS alway did best. shame really !!
despite the lack of proper racing on my part-I still love LFS and am looking forward to the new car and whatever else shows up in the next patch.
Single seaters never did it for me (except the odd blast in MRT and the FO8) so bring on the 'dub
ok rant over - a quick hit of online racing would prob get me addicted again. LFS has staying power IMO..
LFS is the only game i have ever paid for, and i will keep going back to it every time. and not because it's the only game i've paid for
#103 - Dac
yup i do it reguarly. same with most games. if medal of honor airborne wasnt so hard id probableys be racing now.
I have'nt played LFS in about 3 months, im on the forums nearly every day, checking up on things etc, but i rarely play.. i've been playing alot of Call of Duty 4 instead, about 40 hours in the last week... i know thats bad... but its so much fun!
I take it you're playing COD4 online, since the single player game takes all of 12-18 hours on regular/semi hard difficulty.

(Still stuck on the level after the escape after sniping that man mission on super hard difficulty, gotta get another ram stick to play it xD)
yeah, online is sooooooooo much better than singleplayer... i passed the singeplayer easily, i even did it on veteran... which wasnt so easy
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :Anyone here ever go through a phase of boredom with LFS? Anyone going through one now?

At the moment I feel somewhat tired of it. I don't know why, I guess I don't prioritize it compared to other activities. Or maybe because I am struggling to learn mouse when everyone's getting the real experience with the wheel. (Yes I know the solution here. :|)

How do I regain interest in this game? What can I try that will get me back on the track again? It's not that I dislike the game, I just feel like I'm missing something.

I am having a severe SIM racing crisis, just now !

Maby I`ll snap out of it - Maby not. This is the biggest crisis i have experienced in 3 years.

I`ve signed up for iRacing for a full year, but are I haven`t touched iRacing for 3 or 4 weeks now. I have driven two races in Lfs and I have signed up for more

I have a Lfs depression, seeing well known racers drop Lfs, and I have a some problems coping with that. But it is also the start of the season. Winter is on my stairs and it is time to do indoor "things".

I reckon that I`ll drive both Lfs and iRacing in a month or so, with the most races in Lfs, and trying to get to know iRacing.

iRacing definately needs some FWD, to get my full attention.

/Alland44 with the simracing blues.
like when S1 got out, my friend showed me the demo, played 2 week with keyboard, got bored, left. around S2 released, bought a cheap 40$ wheel for other racing game, try it in lfs, loved it, bought s2 licenced, now after a couple of month, I was really bored cause of my cheap wheel, (90 degree detection of coast to coast but only 6 different point on each side (not smooth) also no FFB, cheap pedal that make monster noise) so I bought a g25

in 2 day I will be back to LFS, I'm searching buddies to race with me and show me tricks, anyone interested?
get yaself a wheel first, will ya ! then come back and tell us if you're still bored...

as far as im concrned, im getting bored because there's no more new tracks..

that's it folks !
Im not bored.

but i am sick to the back teeth with the total idiots that race on LFS now.

racing incidents are annoying, but they will always happen, heck, ive done loads myself, im no saint.

what im talking about are the ignorant fools who join the server midrace on, block you in the pitlane and then either wreck you on purpose, or do it trying to stop you passing......replay anyone?

then there are the tossers who must decide to make decent racers life hell by just driving like complete morons. attempting unrealistic pass's, must win driving at T1 when there are 8 laps to pass/win in, totally ignoring blue flags, then denying they saw them...........replay anyone?

what does the server admin do? "please drive properly"

well, thats going to shake them down to their boots isnt it?

ban them.............ban them for a week. maybe that might make them stop and think.
You'll find that bad drivers ARE banned on alot of decent servers such as RR (:shy, CTRA (Has a report system which does work) and many others.
Done and done!
I played lfs on the mouse for about 4 years, then I finally bought a G25 about 4-5 months ago. When I first got the wheel I played like for a week or two almost every day.

Although I still like drifting with the mouse better (not too big of a drifter, I get bored with that more quickly).

The only thing I can really suggest is try to pay attention to your drivetrain where the engine weight is when your pushing your car what your tires are doing. do a few easy laps on cold tires before you really push it and concentrate on tire roll. Then try to make your tires last longer then you normally would b4 while keeping good times. When on my mouse I would go threw tires more quickly.

I'm big on CS on other games, but I try to mix it up so I'm never really bored with one thing. I'd like to play LFS more but I'm not as good as what I'd like to be with what times I get.. Although I can hang in there with okay times and not crash with the rest of the pack.
Hai guys

Pretty much yeah, I did get bored with LFS for a long while, and now I'm wanting to get back to it, however my PC is dead.

Damnit, I really do love the game, yet I just stopped because I couldn't find racers of my level that wouldn't crash. That is why I got bored. I felt stale racing, as I was a back marker half of the race, and if I was at the front, some noob would just come up and hit my rear. It just felt old. So I left for a while, and I only wanted to leave for a week. Somehow I left for a few months.

Now I'm actually wanting to get racing again, but I can't.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Yes, rFactor is better

rFactor is better than what?, maybe it's marginally better than gouging your eyes out with a rusty dessert spoon.
I didn't care much for Rfactor at all.. It had better wheel support then most games but it felt very stale. I preferred the GTR series @ 360 degree wheel movement over Rfactor (although I like the ability to mod the game and users can add content).

I downloaded some new tire squealing noises and put them on LFS, best mod I've ever one
i started getting bored of this game when everyone i played lfs with bought their g25s. i was left behind

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG