The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from titanLS :Little hairy over the uphill! I'm so tempted just to jump into the Radical but I really want to put some time into the Skippy next season...

you're tellin me...its quite the commitment going through there at that speed. I've had loads of crashes getting light pointed in the wrong direction :P

I believe thats the reasoning behind the chicane at the top of the hill.

That vid reminded me of the old Jackie Stewart ride-alongs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... Mjo80&feature=related
Quote from spanks :
I believe thats the reasoning behind the chicane at the top of the hill.

Before they put that chicane in I saw, from like 20 feet away, one of the old Nissan GTP cars (#83 I think) flip over and slide down the back straight on it's roof... in flames. Driver just brushed himself off and walked away. Quite a sight for a nine-year-old!
Quote from titanLS :Before they put that chicane in I saw, from like 20 feet away, one of the old Nissan GTP cars (#83 I think) flip over and slide down the back straight on it's roof... in flames. Driver just brushed himself off and walked away. Quite a sight for a nine-year-old!

I feel like that's gonna happen to me every time I approach it D:

just had my first win in the skippy.

They were nice enough to put me on pole with my fresh 59.29 qualifying time...The guy behind me was qualified at 59.3, but had no intention of running that quick.

I pulled away for a huge lead most of the race. With 13 to go, I was pushing for a new PB cuz I was bored, and hung it out a bit too far on exit of the downhill. I get it locked down, sliding backwards. Ease off the brakes just enough, pop it into 2nd, give it a tiny bit of steering input and floor the accelerator...and pull back onto the track from the pit entrance at about 45 mph

3 laps later, after I've eased up and started cruising...I find myself backwards again...this time in the middle of the downhill :/ The slower I try to go the more I seem to crash...doesn't help that the skippy is very unforgiving when you try to cruise. Its either flat out or nothing it seems.

2nd place never got within 8 seconds or so though, so its all good...just would have liked to finish with 0 incidents like I was before lap 13 :P

ran a 58.80...finding it difficult to push much past there. Not really sure where someone picked up 7 tenths..
Any of you guys use the chatrooms? I'm the only person who ever brings up LFS in discussions. I'm mostly in the NorthEast or general chatroom
So, am I correct in saying that one's iRating doesn't reset to 1600 when you switch cars/series'? Is it just as easy when you start the skippy or do they place you where you should be in the new car?
Quote from titanLS :So, am I correct in saying that one's iRating doesn't reset to 1600 when you switch cars/series'? Is it just as easy when you start the skippy or do they place you where you should be in the new car?

your irating stays with you

I went from rookie solstice to being with the fastest drivers in either series...I quickly took care of that after 3 horrid races though. Over time your irating will average out to be just right though. Just put in the practice with the new cars and you'll be fine.
I'm banking on practice. I took a few days with the rookie solstice and could do under 1:04 at LR by the time I got online. The new tracks I'm not familiar with will take much longer though...

[Thinks about getting out wallet and renewing early for the credits instead of forking over real money for the car]
Daniel, I'm seriously tempted to race at 4am just to get into the kind of races you get into. I'm in the situation where I come home from work, then I can do two skippy races, one before and one after dinner. Both are in mega-prime-time with fields where every driver shits out 58's like nothing.

I'll give it a spin this weekend when the parents are out, and noone is home to whine about wheel rumbling at night :P
Anyone who's thinking of signing up to iRacing, could they PM me for my email for the "Referring Member Email", as I get $10 iRacing dollars credits.
The Skip takes a bit of getting used to after the Solstice, after over 30 races I struggled to keep it on the track for the whole race. If you drive it too conservatively the lift off oversteer was a nightmare.........so I bought a book lol.....'Going Faster' The Skip Barber Book.......no joke it is the best thing I've done for my Simracing, I have gone from under 1200 iR to nearly 1600 in two days and I can now almost stay on the track........no joke the book has made me identify all my bad driving issues.......fixing them is another story I guess

Unfortunately when I drive LFS now it doesn't feel quite right anymore, LFS will always be my favourite place to be though it got me hooked on Sim Racing and the crowd here is top notch...........even if our Halfords Team has fallen to ******* bits .....! hehe
i was filling out the info for a subscription, but it seems they dont accept paypal. so they dont recieve my moneys
i thought they only took credit or debit card. Your user name is the name that you pay with, I think.
I WANT MY BONUS $15 ALREADY

can't decide if I'm getting the mazda or VIR

I could just wait on the mazda for later when I could actually race it though...

VIR is the skippy race in 2 weeks :O

easiest answer is to just get both I guess :P I've heard only mediocre feedback about the mazda, but I still really want to drive an open wheeler with some downforce.
i got my irating up to 4.41 today, so I can race the skippy! First i want to get my lap times down though, and I need to find a good setup since I'm a bit clueless about setups.
Quote from spanks :can't decide if I'm getting the mazda or VIR

I drove VIR for the first time today in the skippy and it was incredible. Best "feeling" track so far IMO. Limerock is so bumpy that my wheel can't differentiate between bumps, it just always feels like something rattling around inside... Bumps like the one coming out of T1 at VIR feel very realistic.
Quote from Jertje :Daniel, I'm seriously tempted to race at 4am just to get into the kind of races you get into. I'm in the situation where I come home from work, then I can do two skippy races, one before and one after dinner. Both are in mega-prime-time with fields where every driver shits out 58's like nothing.

I'll give it a spin this weekend when the parents are out, and noone is home to whine about wheel rumbling at night :P

you got put in a pretty weak field yesterday at 16:15 GMT together with me, I finally got a decent qualy laptime in, because I was frustrated in the previous races, there is no way to find a way past anybody at limerock, unless they make a mistake. Now with that time I could have been starting from pole even in a 2600+ rating field perhaps, but noooo, I get put into a 2200 something. Next fastest racer was 3 tenths slower.
At least I got my first skip barber win. And my irating still increased, though everybody had lower ratings than me.
Quote from Gabkicks :i got my irating up to 4.41 today, so I can race the skippy! First i want to get my lap times down though, and I need to find a good setup since I'm a bit clueless about setups.

up to 4.41? you are starting out with 1600, so you got it down pretty much
I mean rookie rating. i can't even see my irating or tt rating yet since i'm a rookie... I have to wait, what... 9 more weeks before i am class D?
Anyone got a really fast setup for limerock with the skip barber car?
This is Greger Huttus Setup.

Use the Gas to stabilise the car under braking.
Attached files
GH_Skip_LimeRock.rar - 467 B - 162 views
I can't get into the Skippy yet because I need to get a new Visa card so I can pay for it myself, but I am practicing the Advanced Solstice so I can make use of the other road course and hopefully get some better racing.
Hey Viktor Sz. You are approaching Alien status mate, I've seen you racing on here and GTR2 online and iracing and your rather quick.......you are on my list of 'hated fast barstuads' .

What I find nice is that you get people like Dale Earnhardt Jr replying to peoples posts on the iRacing forum, helping with set up advise and likes.....jees i'm almost starstruck
Quote from AlienT. :Hey Viktor Sz. You are approaching Alien status mate, I've seen you racing on here and GTR2 online and iracing and your rather quick.......you are on my list of 'hated fast barstuads' .

What I find nice is that you get people like Dale Earnhardt Jr replying to peoples posts on the iRacing forum, helping with set up advise and likes.....jees i'm almost starstruck

He's a bit beyond merely approaching alien status :>
Quote from AlienT. :Hey Viktor Sz. You are approaching Alien status mate, I've seen you racing on here and GTR2 online and iracing and your rather quick.......you are on my list of 'hated fast barstuads' .

he is super quick! I think on limerock, Vik was 2 secs a lap faster than me!!!!! Almost worth going slow so when he lapped I got the screenshot NOT!!!

Yeah, Dale also really helpful in pre-race chat too.

hehe, I am good with tracks which don't have too many turns but alien status is something unreachable for me, usually by 0.5 seconds on average length circuits. The shorter the track, the less the difference

Where on earth did you get GTR2 from? I haven't played that game for 2 years now and never on public servers or international leagues. Maybe you are mixing me up with somebody, or you meant the v-wtcc? I took part in one event there at Brno, but that's all.

But thank you otherwise as a thank you gift, I have attached my skip barber setup for limerock, maybe some of you will find it useful.
Attached files
limerockv1_58.223v1.zip - 473 B - 162 views
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG