The online racing simulator
Beijing 2008 Olympics
(339 posts, started )
Quote from Intrepid :I am not talking about Lewis/Macca. I am talking about a driver who's was caught cheating over a long period of time with illegal modifications in their engine. This is MSA licenced racing btw

They were fined 30k and banned for 6 months. Now an illegal engine modification that brought definate performance is no different than drug taking, and the financial implications are probably greater than many scandals we see in athletics.

So you agree they should have had a longer ban?

Yeah tell me why they shouldn't? They tried to cheat the system to gain an advantage over the rest of the group in an attempt to win and get a bigger financial reward therefore cheating guys who are playing within the rules.

Put it like this, if the punishment was harsher, do you think they would take the risk?
yep i mean great britan
Wohoo, Rafa FTW!!

He won just in time to see the MotoGP race
Quote from chanoman315 :Nastia Luikin is pure hotness

Just watched women's gymnastics and Shawn Johnson beats her.
Grats to Nadal! He will take over as the world nr1 tomorrow...Well deserved
Wow - how the hell did Britain get to third in the medal table? Well done to our athletes! Lets hope for a few more.
Quote from DarkTimes :Wow - how the hell did Britain get to third in the medal table? Well done to our athletes! Lets hope for a few more.

We will get you back!
Quote from zeugnimod :We will get you back!

i dont hope and think so.
Anyway, triple win at the womens 100m sprint for jamaica.(2 Silver Medals)
Phelps FTW! NBC showed some videos of when Spitz set his 7 medal record, and it was absolutly hilarious.

No goggles, no shaving, short shorts, and the best was that at the start of a race someone forgot to go!
Quote from DarkTimes :Wow - how the hell did Britain get to third in the medal table? Well done to our athletes! Lets hope for a few more.

Well, we can actually ride the bikes better than anyone else.

And maybe row.
Yes, I am particularly proud of how well we ride the bikes.
ISTR some comic observing that the Brits do well in events that require training with expensive equipment, but in events where athletic ability is the only limitation we usually get hammered by poorer countries.

Seems pretty accurate looking at the medals so far, although those two swimmer birds did very well.
I think that was on Mock the Week, he said that in any sport where african men can't afford to take part Great Britain does really well. But the cycling and rowing are probably the most exciting to watch out of all of them.

Have to feel sorry for Paula Radcliffe, she was really brave to even finish that race having destroyed her leg, she said she was running on 1 leg by the end of it and you could see how much pain she was in, hopefully she will bounce back for the London games.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :

Have to feel sorry for Paula Radcliffe, she was really brave to even finish that race having destroyed her leg, she said she was running on 1 leg by the end of it and you could see how much pain she was in, hopefully she will bounce back for the London games.

IMO she should never have ran, it was too soon for her and likely to have caused more damage, but then it's the Olympics so she was bound to give it a shot. However looking on the positive side, the winner today was 38, so effectively Paula could be racing in 2012. Credit though to Yamauchi finishing 6 for GB, fantastic run from her.

Sadly i think the medal hall will start to dry up once the cycling is over, we have some outside chances in the track and field but it's not were team GB is strongest.
ouch! Brazil 0x3 Argentina

Once again, we didn't win it. Off to London! (hopefully :schwitz
Argentina 3 - Brazil 0

We dont stop untill the Gold!!

Also the team "Las leaonas" the lions in hokey hass a great chance of win the gold
Quote from Inouva :Argentina 3 - Brazil 0

We dont stop untill the Gold!!

Also the team "Las leaonas" the lions in hokey hass a great chance of win the gold

Now you better get the gold! Seriously, it was deserved, looked like we weren't even on the field - not that I didn't expect that anyway.
I've heard about the leonas but hockey doesn't exist in our broadcasts, so I don't really know anything...

Changing subjects, just saw the synchronized swimming (or whatever it's called) and the russian ladies won with max score! All judges gave them 10!! That's incredible!
In chinas face!

Defeated 'em in basketball.

Onwards to vitory!
#245 - Kaw
Man, I dont understand that. Usain Bolt pwned everything!
I am 197 cms tall, and Usain is 196.
I am seriously slow. How the crap did he do that? Simply amazing
On a -0,9 wind. Few years and legal + wind he goes under 19. Sick.
ARgh man! Denmark lost to Croatia - Handball, men
Poor Spearmon, he was so happy
#249 - Kaw
Quote from Kdovi :Poor Spearmon, he was so happy

I lolle'd, when the danish commentators said that he was dsq'ed. He was dancing and acting stupid
Woop USA 'pwned' kangaroos

Shame though, they played quite well few games.

Beijing 2008 Olympics
(339 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG