The online racing simulator
Beijing 2008 Olympics
(339 posts, started )
Beijing 2008 Olympics
So what are your expectations of your country?
who you think will win ?
IMO Mexico wont win anything
IMO it's going to be a shitty OL. Wonder what they are going to do with the polution.
Off course every chinesse is going to breath as deep as they can, polution will go, they're quiet a few.
I agree that it will generaly be pretty bad imo. The pollution, the political problems, the tibet thing, etc. Will kill the whole atmosphere of joy the Olympics are sopose to have.

As for who will win what well..

Imo, Greece have a great chance in Tae Kwon Do, USA probably for 100m, kenya probably for long distance running and generally the same lot lol.

P.S : LOL BLAS! xD
The pollution in Beijing is actually not that horrible. For example, China gets lots of sand storms, which contribute to the levels of "PM10s". PM10 = particulate matter <10 micrometer. Also, according to this article I am reading, alot of dust was expelled into the atmosphere from construction. The pollution in Beijing actually has been declining for quite a while.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7498198.stm
Holy shit, I have no idea what you talk about but I close my eyes and bet it's good!

Anyway, most of the problems with polution is due to the extreme amount of cars there. They have tried to get it down with restricting the driving, but there seems to still be a problem. But again, as you say - there are more than cars creating problems there.

Let's hope it don't destroy the OL, aswell as other mention about the politicial veiw and situation..
#7 - wark
Keep an eye out for the synchronized swimming and rhythmic gymnastics. Going to be some impressive stuff.
USA wins basketball, China does surprisingly well and Sweden beats Finland.
Boring stuff IMO.
I'm sure that Norway don't win a shit..
Well maybe in rowing, but that's the only thing that there is a chance for us to win in.
Watching Germany and Brazil on female football now, 0-0 at 65min. Pretty boring match.

I don't expect Brazil to win much as well, probably volleyball (beach and normal), and hopefully something on judo, football, gimnastic, maybe swimming and athletics (something means any type of medal).
#13 - JJ72
Quote from de Souza :female football

Slow football with woman who look like dudes........yeah right.
Quote from JJ72 :Slow football with woman who look like dudes........yeah right.

Well, that's what it's written there lol. But there are some cuties as well... hidden.. somewhere.
Womens Beach Volleyball ftw!!!!!

Who will win the gold medal for the synchronised suffocating?
(Choking only gets a silver! )

PS..Late change in venues...all shooting events - small-bore, clay pigeon, even archery, as well as the javelin, will now be held in Tienanmen Square.

Had to laugh at the mascots...supposed to represent "Prosperity"...being made by people on £0.30p per hour!
Quote from wheel4hummer :The pollution in Beijing actually has been declining for quite a while.

It tends to when you shut down your largest manufacturing plant, ban most cars from the city centre, and impose heavy restrictions on other industry emissions.
Well no doubt however many medals we win the press will still complain.

We'll do well in shooting, badminton, and, um, thats about it. Oh maybe horse-riding.
Hopefully we can get a few medals in the athletics - cmon our 4x100m team!
Who's going to watch the soccer?

Edit: 7 min in and USA is already 2 points down.....
Quote from scoobyrbac :Who's going to watch the soccer?

Edit: 7 min in and USA is already 2 points down.....

Soccer?? POINTS?????

FFS..You mean FOOTBALL and GOALS!!!!

Jeez!
Quote from Bladerunner :Soccer?? POINTS?????

FFS..You mean FOOTBALL and GOALS!!!!

Jeez!

lol, i nearly replied as well, but thought it must be a wind up.....
Here we call it soccer and points haha. When I opened up the broadcast it said Football im like wtf this is soccer then I forgot it was on the otehr side of the world...

Well anyways

Intermission (Or do you guys call that something else?)

Norway: 2
USA: 0

USA im thinking is going to lose..Every shot they tried to make they shot over the net or they shot to the right of it. They tried to make 4 or 5 shots and they missed them all. They also play around with the ball to much and thats how Norway has the lead that they do, and they got there first point because USA wasnt watching what they were doing the first 5 min of the game..
Funny how things are so different over the pond
Quote from J@tko :

Half-Time

Yeah I knew that I just had a brain fart haha

Edit: Game Over

Norway Beats US 2-0
#25 - arco
Quote from The Very End :I'm sure that Norway don't win a shit..
Well maybe in rowing, but that's the only thing that there is a chance for us to win in.

Football, handball, javelin and maybe the sexy walk contest.

Beijing 2008 Olympics
(339 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG