The online racing simulator
You know what I'd love to see?

1. Someone (with lots of experience and good communication skills) with a real life Scirocco run on an autocross with a full complement of telemetry.
2. Then that same someone runs the same autocross in the Scirocco in LFS.
3. Give us feedback on how the two compare subjectively.
4. We compare telemetry data to see how close LFS comes to the real thing objectively.

Yes. Awesome. Brilliant idea.

I remember someone doing this with a Golf and XFG years ago. Let's do it again!
first we will need some improves in the tyre phisics to do this with good results
new car...looking forward to it,
Quote from Scawen :Hello LFS racers.

I confirm we are making a Scirocco that will be used at the Games Convention.

It's a 200 bhp front wheel drive road car. We are very pleased to have the permission to include a production road car in LFS that we think looks nice and handles well.

We had to make it quickly in time for the Games Convention as of course that was part of the deal. Further testing and refinement will be done at a later date before it is included in the public version of Live for Speed, but we don't know yet when that will be.

Haven't read the entire thread, but please, for the love of LFS, do not equip this real road car with the standard "LFS Handling Adjustment Pack".
Is there a chance to meet the Devs next week in Leipzig?

Im excited about the new car, can't wait to test it.
Quote from sinbad :Haven't read the entire thread, but please, for the love of LFS, do not equip this real road car with the standard "LFS Handling Adjustment Pack".

By that I presume you mean the locked diff and other setup sillies that make the FXO feel anything unlike a FWD?
-
([RF]-art555) DELETED by [RF]-art555 : useless post
Quote from Anathema :Is there a chance to meet the Devs next week in Leipzig?

Im excited about the new car, can't wait to test it.

I'll be at GC on thursday. Wear your LFS shirts if you have'm for identification
Anyone who goes. Take loads and loads and loads of pics of the scirocco. Oh and ask victor to let you post them on here.
Or alternatively, print off a LFS logo and pin it to one of your t-shirts
Does any of the Developers gives there Autrograms? that would be cool
Quote from STROBE :By that I presume you mean the locked diff and other setup sillies that make the FXO feel anything unlike a FWD?

Yes, basically the OTT setup options that will make any 2 similar configuration cars feel virtually identical.
Very good, very powerful, very much looking forward to ah
I also think that the setup should be approximated as real as possible and locked. In this game, that'd be a real novelty, and lend authenticity.
oh... em... GEE!!! A real road car in LFS!:woohoo:

If this car turns out great, I'll have a new car on my list of faves, and take a bunch of new screenies!
goood...yess a new car!
Quote from Victor :I'll be at GC on thursday. Wear your LFS shirts if you have'm for identification

Oh how I'd love to go. But alas, I won't have the time, for school reasons. Can you come to GamesCom in Cologne in 2009?
Quote from Mikkomattic :I also think that the setup should be approximated as real as possible and locked. In this game, that'd be a real novelty, and lend authenticity.

+1 for a locked setup car.
Quote from noskillz :+1 for a locked setup car.

at least nothing beyond what could be done inside a garage.
-
([RF]-art555) DELETED by [RF]-art555 : useless post
would be great, since it'll be in a class of its own, leaving it stock would be fine.
A garage can ajust suspension though.
Quote from Luke.S :A garage can ajust suspension though.

A garage can't take a road suspension straight in and adjust it into a race suspension.
Not like that. I mean ajust things like the toe and the camber.
Toe, yes. Camber, not so easily.
not really. some suspension are not adjustable and they all have physical constraints in how much you can change it, if you say a garage can cut the springs, move the suspension mounting point up, that defeats the point really.
What engine is in that LFS Scirocco? Maybe first LFS diesel powered car (TDI 2.0 with 170bhp)
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG