The online racing simulator
since u live in usa u could try www.newegg.com i use it for everything almostSmile
#53 - Jakg
Please ignore "theirishnoob" - he doesn't have clue what he's talking about.
Quote from Jakg :Please ignore "theirishnoob" - he doesn't have clue what he's talking about.

Aww , jakg being nice and ignorant as usual Smile
Quote from Jakg :8400 is more than enough - not that you'll notice the difference betweem a 2.66 GHz Core 2 Conroe and a 3.16 GHz Core 2 Wolfdale...

So... if you were to get the 2.67GHz Conroe and overclock it to 3.16GHz, would you still not notice the difference? Uhmm Seems you've either changed your stance on overclocking or you slipped up, contradicting your past statements on the subject. Smile

Quote from theirishnoob :Aww , jakg being nice and ignorant as usual Smile

Although Jakg may not be 100% informed all the time, he's right about you. Stop talking out of your ass.
u guys are making the irishnoob feel left outFrown the 8400 is a pretty sick cpu. now i want one, but i need to save more.
#57 - Jakg
Quote from Forbin :So... if you were to get the 2.67GHz Conroe and overclock it to 3.16GHz, would you still not notice the difference? Uhmm Seems you've either changed your stance on overclocking or you slipped up, contradicting your past statements on the subject.

You'd notice the difference (perhaps), but would it be worth the cash?

If I upgraded your PC's memory from memory with 5-5-5-15 timings to stuff with 4-4-4-12 timings, would your PC be faster? Yes. Would it be noticably faster? Probably not (unless you used a RAM instensive app). Would it be worth doing for a subtle improvement if you could do it for free with 5 mins of tweaking? I'd say so. Would it be worth selling what you have now, incurring a depreciation loss, and then buying new stuff? Hell no!

</RubbishAnalogy>

Isn't the E8500 3 GHz?
#59 - Jakg
Oh. Seems I Google'd wrong.

It'll be faster, but it's not really worth upgrading if you have to pay the full price.
E7200- 2.53 GHz- $131.9
E8200- 2.66 GHz- $184.99
E8400- 3.0 GHz- $194.99
E8500- 3.16 GHz- $269.99

From what the prices are (Here, at least), I'd say the E8400 is the best bang for the buck. The E7200 is like the E2xxx series, small L2 cache that hinders performance a good bit.
Quote from Forbin :Alright, I admit it, I was born with an extensive knowledge of computers and building a computer at the age of 13 was as simple as breathing. Tilt Razz

I continue to hear stories of friends and family helping to build computers for others where, at the end of the build, the other person goes, "That's it!?"

The fact it is easy can be seen when I helped a friend open her case, work out what HDD type she has, go to the store, buy a new one, and install it all over text messaging, but she really wants to learn how to build computers and all that jazz, so she has to balls to try it, purely because if anything goes wrong she knows I'll save the day.

Yet at the same time I know people at uni who were too scared to install RAM, HDDs, DVD+_RW, hell he was even too scared to install a new case fan. To him computers are some scary complex creature, and despite my urging for him to try and replace some parts himself I get asked to go round and do it.

It has nothing to do with knowledge of how they work, it is if you have the balls to try it. Unfortunately a lot of people do not.

Quote from Jakg :BTW - "CPU" is the name of a part. The CPU is NOT the case, or the tower itself.

It really pisses me off when people get that wrong, it makes me want to punch a baby in the face, or when TV programs have improbable computer problems like on Grey's Anatomy, some how, a power cable magically jumped out of the HDD as it was running, and then magically after hitting the idiot button, everything was how it was before the magical cable jumped out.
just bumping this to keep it alive so it won't get deleted.
lol, i can't believe i bought an e8400. I'm running it at stock speeds now. overclocked it can hit 4ghz on air or higher. the e8600 is supposed to be able to overclock higher, I'm not sure how high though. I was thinking of picking up an aftermarket cpu fan/heatsink in a few weeks.

AMD has released some new motherboards that are supposed to be better for overclocking. Intel Nehalem cpu's benchmarks should be popping up today or maybe later this week.
i have no idea how to overclock so i don't think thats for me.
bumping this to keep it alive so it won't get deleted...
Threads dont get deleted, just change your settings down the main page (1 Month) to (Since the Beginning) and you'll see every thread since 2003. Thumbs up
O/T:
Incorrect. The LFS Forum as it is known today went public on August 11th, 2005. The old forum still exists at RSC.net, and there you can see posts relating to LFS all the way back to late 2002.
Quote from Forbin :O/T:
Incorrect. The LFS Forum as it is known today went public on August 11th, 2005. The old forum still exists at RSC.net, and there you can see posts relating to LFS all the way back to late 2002.

ok alright

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG