The online racing simulator
If I may suggest, adding the FZ5 would make me a permanent installation on your server.

FZ5 races tend to be very head to head over 10+ laps.
Sadly, the only way to race FZ5 online these days are drift servers....which aren't really racing.

Also, FZ5's and LX6's can be paired up on quite a few tight combos (only way to race IMO are tight tracks)

I believe quite a few people would welcome this.

Thanks for providing a different then norm server.
LFS really needs them now more then ever.
We can try the FZR, but so far there has been over 25 connections and some quite spectacular racing going on. Thanks for all the positive feedback, im glad its something new to explore.

On a side note, if anyone has any experience with editing server cfgs and the lapper system please get in contact, as we are stuck with some issues that need to be tweaked.

Thanks
I was talking about FZ5 not FZR...we have enough GTR servers :P

Glad things are working out.
Expect to see me there.
What global time is the server ussualy visited?

Thanks
Couple of things id say, after playing again last night. Remove the pitstop it destroys the racing, i want lap after lap of wheel to wheel racing. You have people pitting all over the place breaking up the pack..

Add an endurence day or 2 per week if we are going to have pitstops. Its a watse when the race only lasts 6 laps.

Can The split sector time that appears in the center of the screen in size 50 font be made smaller ??? can get very off putting but i do like it if only it was smaller.

all the info that streams in at the top left hand corner can anything be do client end to customize this, with a fair few racer on this can become very annoying.

Overall im loving this server.
#30 - Byku
Well personaly I like the idea of pitstop, it adds something spicy to racing...
Quote from gohfeld23 :I was talking about FZ5 not FZR...we have enough GTR servers :P

Glad things are working out.
Expect to see me there.
What global time is the server ussualy visited?

Thanks

Sorry i misread read what you said and automatically typed fzr. For me most people connect after 19:00GMT and goes on well up to 12:00 + when i left last night.

I will add the car tonight, and see how things go, providing it’s in the same speed class i cant see it being a problem. Im not really looking to make races a 1/2 man battle at the front, and then everyone spaced out 500 meters down the track.

Last night we had 5-6 cars battling for first in a pack. As for the pits, i agree it needs to have a purpose and larger laps will be a result of that. However i don’t think getting rid of the pit is a good idea, because it makes you have to think a lot more, rather than just sit in pole and wait for the flag.

I will also try and sort out the LFS lapper to make it slow a lot less information, as it can be very distracting. I just need to work out where and how I do this.

Hope to see some of you tonight!
Pitstops are only "fun" in races of 10 laps or more. In a 6 lap race it's just ridiculous. That's just my opinion. After having read all the positive comments here I thought I'd join the server tonight, but the idea of a mandatory pitstop in a race of only a few laps kind of puts me off. I'll probably still check it out, though, I'm too curious

Anyway, it looks like you've got something good going here. I really hope you manage to keep it going and improving, and maybe the server will someday be among the other greats (CD, Redline, CTRA,...)
Maybe a better idea for the suggestion forums but here goes...

How about an option in the online join screen that allows you to pick a skin from a pre made selection that are from a particular BTCC or other series season? IE these are the only skins you are allowed on that particular server. The car types could also be a part of this selection process.

Some favourites from mid 90s btcc:

http://www.speedarena.com/news/uploads/features/03_003.jpg

http://www.timlaw.supanet.com/btcc9208.jpg

http://www.timlaw.supanet.com/btcc9402.jpg

http://www.supertouring.co.uk/the_cars/rouse_93z.jpg

http://faimg1.forum-auto.com/mesimages/263658/laguna2.jpg
Thanks for the idea. Im pleased to tell you that this feature was going to be part of the website, im glad people are thinking along the same lines.

We would like racers to at least make an effort to use toca related skins, either made by us, pubic download, or one of their own. It just helps with the atmosphere rather than having red, blue and yellow cars.

Were looking at making people join the BTCC league as a manufacture team, rather than an individual team. Simple league, it should make things more interesting.

Nick
Would you mind posting some skins here - or provide links? Ty.
I like that idea. It would indeed improve the "BTCC feel". I suck at skinning so I can't make one myself

As for the server, I had quite a few races on there yesterday and I gotta say I'm absolutely loving it. The racing was of a fairly high level, it was fair and there were some very tight fights You just have to work out a few quirks and tweak the formula a bit (LFS Lapper shows a bit too much info, the races could be a bit longer, ...)

Even though I'm a Gold licensed CTRA racer who can race the TBO's on CTRA Race 2, I liked the racing on the BTCC server a lot more for some reason. I've been pondering about that last night and I have a few theories as to why this is the case, but I'm not gonna bother talking about it here

Keep up the good work!
There website and forum is underway keep checking this topic for more information.
i was enjoying this server, until i accidentally bumped into BTCC Sander while losing control, as i was typing the words 'sorry, i lost control', i lost connection and now get the host refused connection so i guess i am banned. If i am banned, then thanks a lot! Not everyone can drive perfectly in LFS so you should expect people to not always be that good in the higher powered, or rear wheel drive cars.
You shouldnt be banning like that because i recieved no warning, and is was the first bump that i had caused, completely unfair.
You shouldn't immediately be calling people names. Instead, just explain the situation (which you did) and I'm sure you'll be unbanned soon. If you start calling people names, though, they might not be so willing to let you back in
Quote from danthebangerboy :If i am banned, then thanks a lot you bunch of idiots! Not everyone can drive perfectly in LFS so you should expect people to not always be that good in the higher powered, or rear wheel drive cars.
You shouldnt be banning like that because i recieved no warning, and is was the first bump that i had caused, completely unfair.

Thats where you went wrong from... Instead of accusing people, you'd rather contacted the admin and discussed what happend in a mature way. The server is quite clean, and the standard of racing is quite high there, so you should be catious...
sorry, i edited my post as i shouldnt have written that, it just annoyes me that just because i accidentally went sideways and bumped somebody that i wasnt even given a second to say sorry, or save the replay. I dont thing there is a forum as such to contact as yet.
Just an afterthought, is there any we that i can check if i am banned or not, or if its just my computer not working properly, as i looked on lfsworld at my profile and i cant see a way of doing it?
Write him a PM.
i will PM him but if he is racing then he wont't get it yet. I just wondered if i can see in lfsworld or somewhere.
Quote from danthebangerboy :i will PM him but if he is racing then he wont't get it yet. I just wondered if i can see in lfsworld or somewhere.

Check your pms.
Wow. Just wow.

It's amazing how this server has grown in just two days! The other day i joined the server, after reading the first post in this thread. I remember it was just me, Smiley and some fella named dev or something like that.
Now i just raced on a full grid there!

Actually, today is the first time i've been first of a full grid around a whole lap! I was so nervous i almost shat icecreams, so when i got around the first lap i went straight to the pit to let the faster drivers past!

Still, it was a blast, with a full grid you always end up finding somebody with the same skills, that you can fight with throughout the race. And thats the most fun for me, even more than winning a race. A good even fight is what turns me on.

Good luck to you Smiley, and best of luck with your server! But promise me one thing, don't let it end up running just one track (especially As National) in the end!
yeah good luck with the server, keep it running. It's definately my favorite server yet!
I was on last night and again today..... all i can say is the driving strandard on the server is a joke, people just ramming the hell out of everyone for the inside line going into t1, even people in the fxo are noobs when coming to passing.

Pit stops need to go because they just destroy the level off racing, fxo needs to be slowed down to the level off the xrt/rb4...... giving it more weight will destroy the tires even more then it all ready does, something around 6% air intake might work and will save the tires aswell so theres a plus there for the throttle happy people.
Quote from rc10racer :I was on last night and again today..... all i can say is the driving strandard on the server is a joke, people just ramming the hell out of everyone for the inside line going into t1, even people in the fxo are noobs when coming to passing.

This is the attitude that annoyed me earlier, people who are not used to racing are going to make mistakes because they havent got any experieance. screaming NOOB everytime there is an accident isnt really that helpful.
It is very easy to rear end another car by accident if you are unsure of the track or simply not used to it, its not always on purpose.
Its an okay server but the server connection isn't very good. I did a few races this afternoon and literally everyone on the grid was jumping around and causing lag hits.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG