The online racing simulator
Its a nice place to race, was just there for 5 races, if you make it to the top ten its okay. And people like "Weed Smoker" will end up on the banned list fast enough
Quote from rc10racer : something around 6% air intake might work and will save the tires aswell so theres a plus there for the throttle happy people.

I strongly suggest you to have a read at CTRA sub forum about the balancing of TBO class before spouting such nonsense
Quote from [RF]-art555 :I strongly suggest you to have a read at CTRA sub forum about the balancing of TBO class before spouting such nonsense

More specifically this thread, which was actually a result of the discussion that started here.
I agree that there was some problem on one of the races i took part in, the Kyoto Infield (can't remember what it's called at the moment). There were some people there that was as far as i could tell intentionally ramming people. But that's the way it will always be on a public server without any registration. However I think the admins did a decent job spectating and finding those who did infact cause trouble.

However the race on Kyoto Ring Long, I was in the front, so I didn't notice any bumping in T1.
Quote from [RF]-art555 :I strongly suggest you to have a read at CTRA sub forum about the balancing of TBO class before spouting such nonsense

the fact is, FXO is still fast like cheating

the car is so light weight that it is fast in the corners, and it is the fastest on the straight too

with a carefull throttle control, the tyre temp is even more controllable than a XRT or a RB4

FXO is just too competetive
Quote from flonoen :I agree that there was some problem on one of the races i took part in, the Kyoto Infield (can't remember what it's called at the moment). There were some people there that was as far as i could tell intentionally ramming people. But that's the way it will always be on a public server without any registration. However I think the admins did a decent job spectating and finding those who did infact cause trouble.

However the race on Kyoto Ring Long, I was in the front, so I didn't notice any bumping in T1.

Unfortunately we just had two idiots clear out the whole server because they thought it was just a hoot to wreck everyone. Just sat on the front straight ramming everyone as they came by. Ruined the whole server and quickly it was empty. No admin there to boot them unfortunately. I have their names if you want them. I've never been involved with trying to have someone banned so I don't even know how to go about it. But they thought it was just the most fun they had ever had. This is a good server and I am glad it was set up. When the racing is good and clean these cars are great to race, and the TBO class hasn't traditionally got a lot of love. Keep it up but let's see if we can get the dipsticks to stay away.
people who crash in a clean racing server are in my eyes the scum of the lfs community and should be dealt with accordingly if it is obvious that they are deliberately causing accidents,,, waiting for other cars and then pulling out, deliberately steering into cars that are passing, etc,,, I accept accidents can and will happen, but if its deliberate then i have no time for people like that in a clean server. There is server in s2 that uses a short oval layout on the bl car park, and where crashing is the aim of the game. If people want to crash then why dont they go in there?? Thats how i do it. If i want to crash, i go in the - -Lfs Bangers- - server. If i want to do some clean racing i use the Blackwood XFG XRG server. Simple as that really, all anyone needs to do is respect the rules of the particular server, its nearly always on the welcome screen when you are connecting to the server so the rules are all there to read.
Quote from Montoyafan :Unfortunately we just had two idiots clear out the whole server because they thought it was just a hoot to wreck everyone. Just sat on the front straight ramming everyone as they came by. Ruined the whole server and quickly it was empty. No admin there to boot them unfortunately. I have their names if you want them. I've never been involved with trying to have someone banned so I don't even know how to go about it. But they thought it was just the most fun they had ever had. This is a good server and I am glad it was set up. When the racing is good and clean these cars are great to race, and the TBO class hasn't traditionally got a lot of love. Keep it up but let's see if we can get the dipsticks to stay away.

You should send Sirsmiley a pm with the names of those two morons, and if you have it, a mpr that shows their behaviour. Then he can deal with them the way he wants, hopefully that means a ban.
Quote from ACCAkut :Its a nice place to race, was just there for 5 races, if you make it to the top ten its okay. And people like "Weed Smoker" will end up on the banned list fast enough

tbh, I think weedsmoker is the admin in disguise. Not joking.
Quote from Kancel :the fact is, FXO is still fast like cheating

the car is so light weight that it is fast in the corners, and it is the fastest on the straight too

with a carefull throttle control, the tyre temp is even more controllable than a XRT or a RB4

FXO is just too competetive

You missed my point, yes I agree that FXO is faster, especially on S2 tracks where there are a lot of high speed corners, which suit the nature of FXO the most, but all I was trying to say to r10racer is to atleast think about or do some test instead of spouting random numbers
Despite my truly horrific skinning abilities ( for a 24 year old its not very good, considering i know people who are half my age who can create some works of art) i have attempted this to get the BTCC 'look' Are these the sort of skins we are talking about for use on the server?? I have also done some DDS editing to give the taped headlights and taillights, mainly for visual realism. What do we think, is this the right kind of idea we are looking for??
Attached images
btcc fxo.jpg
I think you need to be clear about what is allowed and what isn't.
It was chaos yesterday morning, with some people claiming "It's Touring Cars...Contact is allowed".
Well... regardless of whether it should resemble the Touring Class or not, I think a bit of contact in the TBO class should be allowed. The problem is where to draw the line between acceptable and not acceptable
IMO Contant should be avoided at any cause in LFS, regardless if it is allowed in RL or not, and the obvious reason for this is LAG. Even a very slight contact combined with lag might upset the car badly resulted in a spin. No contact, period
That's a good point. Not to mention LFS' awful collission detection.
Quote from [RF]-art555 :IMO Contant should be avoided at any cause in LFS, regardless if it is allowed in RL or not, and the obvious reason for this is LAG. Even a very slight contact combined with lag might upset the car badly resulted in a spin. No contact, period

This is exactly what I said at the time.

A bit of rubbing happens, but intentional contact should be avoided due to lag and LFS own little glitches sending cars into outer space.
Treat others the way you wish them to treat you?
Quote from hyntty :Treat others the way you wish them to treat you?

Aye, and end up in the wall with a bent car.
I m pretty sure some of them are coming for banger racing, so they treat others the way they wish us to treat them
New website and forum open
Today BTCC has a little more progress http://www.btccracing.co.uk/ We now have a website and forum where you can report wreckers ect have fun.
Quote :[Some people say] "It's Touring Cars...Contact is allowed".

That seems a popular line on that server

I had some really good races last night in my RB4 - I love that car and had some good fights.

True, some people on there can't drive for shit but you do get that on alot of servers, and I saw that the admins on there were doing quite a good job.
This server is fantastic the racing is very close, i use the rb4 but it is much slower than the other cars.

I raced from the back & was in 5th until last lap lost connection
Quote from J@tko :That seems a popular line on that server

I had some really good races last night in my RB4 - I love that car and had some good fights.

True, some people on there can't drive for shit but you do get that on alot of servers, and I saw that the admins on there were doing quite a good job.

Gah, don't misquote me...it looks like I said that.

If it is allowed, then I need to change my style for this server. I'm sure I can remove people from the race like the best of 'em.

Would prefer some clarification though.
We are tolerant with drivers who make light contact, rub doors, and small bumps. However this is not suggesting that drivers should treat this as a crash server, however tempting that might be.

TOCA style driving is exactly like this, providing that its not going to put another driver out of the race or the track, as you will be banned for dangerous driving. Were trying to be strict, but at the same time we want everyone to have fun, and having a scrap with someone is fantastic.

Dangerous driving will not be tolerated, and will result with a ban.

Take a look at some you tube vids and you will see the rules were trying to put in place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjsKE2Nh614

This is the style of racing; some drivers might have to adapt their style.
I had a great time the weekend, but i have to admit the server is spoilt by complete idiots, there a minority, but that's all you need to spoil the place.

I love a bit of contact, thats the way i race, but i only use the amount of contact id expect back, i think its a great part of TBO class. But some people just have no sportsmanship whats so ever.

They refuse to use the break pedal and will just drive through you or worse use you as a braking point
Something must be done as yesturday was stunning full grid FXO's XRT's and RB4's mixing it up..
Maybe smiley you need to get it so its members only, enough of us no the server now so you have a fanbase.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG