The online racing simulator
I feel sorry for Glock, he was going really well until that massive shunt. I was expecting it to be a driver error until the replay showed the right rear suspension failure, quite suprised because I didn't see him having any contact with other drivers.
Incredible stuff by Hamilton. He gets himself out of a tactical messup by his team, he makes overtaking two race leaders look as easy as taking backmarkers. And look at the difference in Pace between him and Kovalainen!
No matter who you support etc, LH is clearly a great driver as the speed difference between him and Kovalainen clearly shows. In fact IMO Kovalainen is overrated and I thought he could have pushed Massa more in the early stages of the race.
Great drive by LH, I don't think anyone could seriously doubt that he's a very fast driver. I'm still not so sure about his actual racecraft, as far as passing etc. goes, but than again, he's still young.

I'm quite happy about Heidfeld's 4th place after he again had such a poor qualifying. He really needs to get that sorted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGvoGqB-j_U

Wait - watch it again. The bitch is more interested getting the autograph than...

Altough he could have collected couple of PR points but I guess he is too icy (read: shy) for that.
Quote from J.B. :he makes overtaking two race leaders look as easy as taking backmarkers.

It was as easy as overtaking backmarkers, they didn't defend.
Just waitin for lewis' biggest fanboy, tristan to give us his say on todays momentus victory for mclaren and wonderkid hamilton
Quote from mythdat :It was as easy as overtaking backmarkers, they didn't defend.

Because he didn't give them a chance to.
Quote from J.B. :Because he didn't give them a chance to.

Massa had the chance to stay on the inside.

Well, I've seen GT2 cars defend harder against me while I was driving a GT1 in the MoE.

Regardless of that, the pace was exceptional.

Vain
Er, huh? How exactly didn't he give them the chance to? He didn't just magically appear... they both knew exactly where he was for the entire length of the straight, and they both decided not to cover the inside line and instead just let him past.

Quote from Nelson Ângelo Piquet, after the race :I knew Lewis was much faster, that's why I decided not to fight and risk a good result.

Of course they decide not to fight: once they are in a position where they couldn't keep him from passing anyway.
Okay.
Quote from J.B. :Of course they decide not to fight: once they are in a position where they couldn't keep him from passing anyway.

What position is that? Directly in front of him, blocking the inside line?
I just don't like it when drivers are not willing to fight for their position and just give out spots. I used to dislike Alonso but looks like he's actually one of the few drivers who has some balls and doesn't just give up soon as faster car appears in his mirrors. Sure he does lots of mistakes but you ain't racing if you ain't trying.
It would have been stupid for NP to try to defend and risk what is his only good finish this season. Prior to the race nobody would have bet a dime on him finishing in the points. So, of course he let the faster LH by.

As far as Massa goes, MS said after the race that he had serious trouble with brakes and tyres, which is why he couldn't even remotely keep up with LH's pace. MS said something to the extent that LH would have probably gone around the outside just as well.

That said, LH did show some remarkable pace this race, although fastest lap goes to Heidfeld. Hamilton obviously was the only one who was consistently fast over all stints.
There was no excuse for Massa not to fight, Nelson on the other hand would have been stupid to risk fighting him because Renault are not likely to finish 2nd in many races this year, and he needs a strong result to keep his job! If Massa and Hamilton crashed, the only thing that would do is give Kimi a lead in the championship. I rekon Ferrari will till him off for not defending.
Massa is also in the fight for driver's title, but it cannot be won by giving points away like that.
Seemed pretty clear to me that Hamilton didn't pit under the SC because he'd have to do basically the entire 2nd half of the race on soft tires. Obviously the team was afraid the softs wouldn't last, and wanted to reduce the # of laps he'd have to run on them.

As for the defending by Massa, it seemed like he thought he'd effectively obscured Lewis's braking line and tried to take the outside for a better corner entry. Just a simple misjudgment. It was pretty funny, because watching from Lewis's car it was clear he was just waiting for Massa to move over... and he did.
Hamilton knows that Massa's racecraft is a bit crap, so it was smart of him to wait like that knowing Massa would drift back to the outside like a numpty.
I'm getting pretty fed up with Fox Sports and their coverage of the post-race interviews, or lack thereof i should say. It would have been nice to hear what Piquet had to say...
Quote from titanLS :I'm getting pretty fed up with Fox Sports and their coverage of the post-race interviews, or lack thereof i should say. It would have been nice to hear what Piquet had to say...

at least the speed commentators were present during this airing... i had to watch one on tsn with the most boringest of commentators.
Quote from samjh :Almost definitely a team order moment with Heikki and Hamilton at the closing stages.

Now way!! don't you remember??? McLaren have no team orders, their drivers are treated completely equaly !! ... hmm yeah ok..

Let me think... who to favour? Current WDC or the guy we've been nurturing to become WDC since he was 11?? hmmm... difficult one.. (pssst he's English...so's the team)... ahhh yes.. let's make Lewis our No1 driver then and just pretend we run an equal team stratergy.
They can't give team orders, but he would have seen how fast Hamilton was, and the team would say Lewis was much faster than him. Its then up to the driver if he wants to let him past or not, and it made no sense to block him so he did the right thing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG