The online racing simulator
U should add reflection map from environment, but looks nice tough.
On a roll reflection map on environment, i'll have a look at that wot i'm doing is adding the background into the ground plane as of this tut here http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=401383#post401383

But when you render it you only get the background to where the ground plane finishes the top half is just white so i added the same background in the enviroment options in render to join the 2 together but the the enviroment backgrond is slightly diffrent colour,darker than the one from the ground plane.
Attached images
XRR_at_The_Races.jpg
Quote from Gooner UK :
But when you render it you only get the background to where the ground plane finishes the top half is just white so i added the same background in the enviroment options in render to join the 2 together but the the enviroment backgrond is slightly diffrent colour,darker than the one from the ground plane.

Yah, and thats normal - you shouldn't bother too much about making a seamless transition, although it can be done. But it's a waste of time IMO. Just do the job in Photoshop.

And while you are in Photoshop, you can (should) also use the opportunity to tweak the colors and/or contrast. In the latest render, the car is too red. Do a quick and dirty feathered selection around the red parts (theres a gazillion of ways to do this), and desaturate it maybe 20-40% (sounds like a lot, but try it), while darkening it too - but don't darken too much - actually, you may want to darken most of the car, except highlights.
Used caoz's sweet skin to test a new scene.

thats pretty nice
Nice one man!
Very nice man!
Wanted to try
Quote from r4ptor :Yah, and thats normal - you shouldn't bother too much about making a seamless transition, although it can be done. But it's a waste of time IMO. Just do the job in Photoshop.

And while you are in Photoshop, you can (should) also use the opportunity to tweak the colors and/or contrast. In the latest render, the car is too red. Do a quick and dirty feathered selection around the red parts (theres a gazillion of ways to do this), and desaturate it maybe 20-40% (sounds like a lot, but try it), while darkening it too - but don't darken too much - actually, you may want to darken most of the car, except highlights.

I've always found it easier to use a bent ground plane, and use a front projection to map a background texture to the object.
Attached images
Clipboard-1.jpg
For those who are using 3ds max, it is called 'Camera map'. Does the same thing.
You can also put the image in environment and making material with a mate / shadow in the floor

sorry my english
dunno if its anygood
Attached images
morefzr.jpg
Three renders testing my new scene.
Attached images
Falken_Zim.jpg
Drift Defense.jpg
Saiko D.jpg
Quote from ImportFantasy :Three renders testing my new scene.

Those renders are amazing!
I like the skin in the first one, nice color combination
Keep up the good work
TYTE!!1
I really like it, love how you made orange evening sun color and otherwise everything is sweet too.
Quote from T.J. :@Jonaz; What hardware you got?

I am currently in croatia and cant really remember what specs I have home but this is what i know that I have, 2 gb ram, about 2 ghz dualcore (2x2= 4 ghz) 7600 grafic card, and i dont remember more...
Quote from robps :I've always found it easier to use a bent ground plane, and use a front projection to map a background texture to the object.

Yah, +1.

I usually do it like that most of the times, but it doesn't really matter if you have adapted a workflow using passes (I prefer to completely replace the BG in photoshop/compositing app, to get as much as possible back from the original BG picture, whereas in 3D, there are chances for increased or decreased RGB values - it's not difficult to make it match the original image though, but biggest issue is that most apps kinda change the image (interpolates the pixels even @ 1:1 render size, and you'll lose sharpness).
Found a couple of background scenes, do you guy's know any sources for some more background scenes for cars??

Oh and thanks guy's for all the feedback, will try and put these idea's into practice
Attached images
RB4 Showroom.jpg
Quote from Gooner UK :Found a couple of background scenes, do you guy's know any sources for some more background scenes for cars??

Oh and thanks guy's for all the feedback, will try and put these idea's into practice

Is that the rTractor stage? How could you!

Quote from kyler :The seccond one is the skin me and my friend made...

Yep, and it was for you.

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG