The online racing simulator
LFS S2 - Patch Z
(556 posts, started )
Well nothing has really changed in the gear box and clutch department, so I think it just a matter of it being easier to adjust to change when you've been away for a while. It's all about mindset really. Some cars have improved suspension and weight distribution though, so that may be part of what you're feeling.

Welcome back. Give it a chance before running off when the next physics change comes around.
Quote from wien :Well nothing has really changed in the gear box and clutch department, so I think it just a matter of it being easier to adjust to change when you've been away for a while. It's all about mindset really. Some cars have improved suspension and weight distribution though, so that may be part of what you're feeling.

Welcome back. Give it a chance before running off when the next physics change comes around.

I agree with what wien says here. I was going to post almost the same reply, but I was at work and had to run....

Though, the clutch did get a slight tweak there in one of the earlier Y test patches that made it a bit easier on the heating up from the Y release.
Scawen, when will approximately be out next test patch?
Quote from Flame CZE :Scawen, when will approximately be out next test patch?

ffs...

Same as it always is - "when it's ready to be tested".
Quote from STROBE :ffs...

Same as it always is - "when it's ready to be tested".

I was only asking... if Scawen know any date or if it will be, when its ready..
Even if he knew a date he wouldn't say it.
@ the devs: :clapclap:

I for one am very glad I can now use AA/FSAA in-game because now at last I can keep the drivers at 'application controlled' It has been high on my wish list for years.

Furthermore I realy appreciate the fact you still want to invest in communicating with us with all of these trolls around and I admire Scawen for the way he always keeps his cool.

I do think you three are wise not to leave the track you have chosen so I totally disagree with those hoping you will hire extra manpower to speed up the process. If I live long enough I will cry the day S3 final will be published because that would mean the journey will end. And as Mao said: reaching the goal isn't the target, but traveling there is.

For me LFS is a story about independent devs as much as it is my favourite racing sim. So please keep up the good work, and please take all the time you need life's short enough!
Quote from Flame CZE :I was only asking... if Scawen know any date or if it will be, when its ready..

calm down we can wait write
this patch gave me a problem, and few others have it too http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=45845
anyways, the thing is i cant join to any server, i can connect to master server but i cant join servers. it keeps saying i can recive quest info at every server. anyone knows how to get it workin?
Thank you! I cant wait to try it!
Does this mean we can edit, would I say, stickers or numbers on our windshields? Or am I just dreaming?
Attached images
PleaseCanWe.JPG
It's just new stuff for Z version, you cant add anything. My english sucks so bad that it's hard to tell you about this.
Quote from LFSn00b :EDIT: BTW, what is the fzgtrALPHA.dds for?

Proberly the shadow layer for the FZR at a guess i could be wrong.
Quote from LFSn00b :you can add numbers to the windshield but it'd look really bad. All i have done is a blue tint on top of the window and a small tint on the rest which looks really nice.

also the dot matrix texture is editable IIRC.

EDIT: BTW, what is the fzgtrALPHA.dds for?

Could you show some screens ? And it would be perfect if you would add screen with windshield with number too ..
I am getting a little mad here, every time i press ALT it shuts down my game
It says its not responding and it freezes...
Anyone know why>?????
ALT-F4 is standard windows hotkey to close window. Your F4 key is stuck (not an LFS problem). Check your F4 key, bang it a few times.

Test: Press the shift key. Does pressing only the shift key switch to window mode and back to full screen? That could verify your F4 key being stuck because SHIFT-F4 is "switch between full screen and window" in LFS.
Hey,

Cheers Devs.... Been away playing war for abit... but I am back now and happy to be loading up LFS again...

Clean install for me, last time I played was Patch T. So looking forward to this immensly.

Appreciate the time and effort you lads put in.

Shiny new G25 to use too... momo died just before i left and never bothered upgrading, now i have a reason too!

Seems like I have a lot of reading to do tho, lots of changes since Patch T.
Quote from Scawen :And are we obligated legally and morally to add free cars and additional content, as we do?

I know you have worded your post not to be attacking us, but it is quite hilarious how many people (although I am aware it is a small minority and ther are plenty of patient people out there who respect our methods, even if things take a long time) have appeared and are attacking us (only with words of course) on the actual thread announcing many new developments, and a few days after a clear statement from me about what we consider most important for development in the near future.

Nothing more could we do than that, other than work twice as hard but as I've pointed out before, sleep is required in order to remain alive. No way am I morally obligated to work more than the 270 hours I did last month, and no way am I morally or legally obligated to hire additional staff when the only thing we have promised, is development to S2 stage, with clearly stated goals, that we are gradually getting nearer to achieving. Working the way we want to do, which we are happy doing, and is the reason for LFS's existence.

The standard keeps getting higher, many new unplanned features are added, and that is why things take longer than planned. You've got most of what I have done but there are some things on Eric's hard drive awaiting completion, and you'll get them when they are done. It's easier to release a half-baked code feature that works, but you can't release a track with some hills you can see under and cars with holes in them.

Anyone who thinks we should do better in a shorter time should present to us all their work that proves their point. Anyone who says we should change our way of working and turn LFS into a company with employees, I have a very short phrase for them but can't say it on a public forum.

Waow that was a open heart speaking

I enjoyed reading it xD

You are doing great LFS Devs, just keep doing the way you do I like it!
Patch Z Bonus
Thanks Devs - appreciate all the work that goes into the FREE updates.
Still best racing Sim, in my humble opinion.
The possible permutations are staggering.
Still rubbish on track.
Still generally getting blown away by the AI guys.
New motto - who cares who wins.
Cheers from non-competitive OAP, driving slowly on the left.
If I'm on your racing line, please go around.
I still dont think it has been answered if it has sorry..

When the wings will break off, will they stay on track or will they disappear?
Quote from scoobyrbac :When the wings will break off, will they stay on track or will they disappear?

No one here knows. I doubt even Scawen does at this point in time. Just wait until the next patch is done and see for yourself.
Quote from scoobyrbac :When the wings will break off, will they stay on track or will they disappear?

I would think they would remain on the track for a short period of time before they disappear, much like the tyrestacks or cones do now when you hit them. But like wien said, it's impossible to tell at this point in time.
I'd like them to stay on track so theu could do damage to people's cars and could puncture their tires.
Quote from scoobyrbac :I'd like them to stay on track so theu could do damage to people's cars and could puncture their tires.

Eventually they'd be picked up by marshals...
#550 - ssm
I wish the tire stacks would stay long enough on the tracks to seriously hurt someone...

LFS S2 - Patch Z
(556 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG