*Ignore this*
Quote from Rotatox :Well here are some updated pics of the cockpit.

I still have to do a little more but you get the idea.

I need to paint dotted lines and some black areas and plenty more stickers...

wow.. that's just amazing! Looks very good! You did a stunning job
Wish i could make something like that too!
Wow, awesome piece of work you delivered men. Must be great to drive in such a sim
how u gonna type?
Hmm yeah thats the issue i have with mine..

I have a DiNovo edge, but its still not ideal... Im thinking of mounting a KB and Mouse.
Quote from klingon :how u gonna type?

ahh yes lol, i will be having a swivelling board on the right had side of the cockpit, the kb will just sit on that....the mouse im still working out what to do...
cool, how much u want???
Quote from Rotatox :Well here are some updated pics of the cockpit.

I still have to do a little more but you get the idea.

I need to paint dotted lines and some black areas and plenty more stickers...

nice!!! just paint that piece of wood that the wheel clamps to (black) and I will buy it off you ... how much u want?

P.S. If you do want to sell it, just tell me... I'm in Perth, but I will come and get it
Its been painted black after i took that pic

It's definitely not for sale, i don't ever want to make another one of these again, they are a friken PITA. Im glad its done now, as looking back its a shit load of work.

You know if you had to pay someone, i think a figure of well over $1000 would be needed to justify it. (NO NOT SELLING:razz

Like mentioned previously its all small stuff needed to finish it off, im going to use the existing g25 button box for now, but ill probably make a button box for it.

still need to make the monitor, keyboard and speaker mounts. and some more stuff that i cant think of right now. But its pretty much come out how i was hoping it would
Real good job! I have been thinking about doing the same for the past few days, though I would like to get the dash, seat, pedals, shifter, steering wheel and maybe other bits&pieces from a real car and make something of it. Did you help your colleague getting it out of his car and was it hard? Since in my neighbourhood there are quite a few scrapyards, you just have to remove the parts from the cars yourself. This should cut the costs quite a bit I think, but if its undoable I need to find some other way. Any tips maybe on what to look out for during building so I can find a suitable car type? And which parts do I really need for instance for the shifter?
Quote from Rotatox :
Like mentioned previously its all small stuff needed to finish it off, im going to use the existing g25 button box for now, but ill probably make a button box for it.

I think the button box would look great in that big gap in the dash where I think the radio and other controls would of gone. Or, put a little monitor in there what will show data, like, speed, lap times, rpm etc...
Insane!! Wow damn great job! ... WOAH! I really mean it!
The small problem with operational gauges is that not all cars have redline at 7k rpm like in your cockpit... that could be weird
Quote from eight8acht :one thing u could make is to put some pc-fans into the cooling system so u can make a "airconditioner" in your car. make's it more realistic D:

I thought of doing something similar if I decide to make a cockpit. I would water cool my system and somehow channel the hot air through the heaters but have a valve so I can change to ambient air for the summer.

Rotatox. Nice looking cockpit, good job! Does it have a working handbrake and is the seat on rails for adjustability? It's a shame about the cost of getting the gauges working.
the gauge only going to 7k is a slight problem, but it still reaches 9k at redline so it is doable.....

No handbrake, i use lfs mainly so no need atm, but can easily be incorporated later on..... but the seat is fully adjustable

Frank
shifter is a g25 one, i just ccut the section where the button panel is so i could mount it in the factory position, and used a aftermarket g/knob....im probably doing a button box where the stereo is later down the track though....
bump*

anything new?
yeah, an update would be great
Nice man!! hope it works allright for you
yeah give us an update
lol
All you need to do is get the boy a booster seat, maybe he wont be in the grass no more
You got that right...
Quote from hyphy_racer :All you need to do is get the boy a booster seat, maybe he wont be in the grass no more

you got that right :P... he won't be able to reach the pedels, so he won't get on the grass because he can't move the thing

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG