The online racing simulator
G25/Mazda Rx7 Cockpit in the build NEW PICS PG4
still need to do carpet and mount the seat, probaly hook it up tomorrow to test it. but it feels great atm Btw the shifter knob is the handle of a fishing rod lol. its just temporary as i need a light weight shifter.

Im dying to try out new patch, havent been able to as ive ripped apart teh g25 to make this

Ohh my god!
Haha that is soo good dude! Great work. Will look so good when finished.
-
(Danzig) DELETED by Danzig
thats a gr8 job. post some more when its done please.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Man i wish i had time to do all this DAM anyways great job on the cockpit there enjoy it
Wow, it's amazing!
Think about that emty holes in cockpit. Fill they with something.
Very cool Do you have any plans to make your dials functional?

It's nice that doing that gives you the option of mounting the G25 pedals as you wish. That looks better for heel and toe to me Nice stuff.
woow very cool
Quote from Michael Denham :Very cool Do you have any plans to make your dials functional?

It's nice that doing that gives you the option of mounting the G25 pedals as you wish. That looks better for heel and toe to me Nice stuff.

thanks for all the positive comments. its suprising to see that this interior is actuallly quite suited to fit the g25 peripherals to, everything just seemed to work for some reason, i was expecting alot of headaches.

In regards to guages...you have no idea how much i want them to function. Unfortanately i have absolutely no idea on how to do it so it wont be getting done (for now at least). I will probably eventually get them to light up at least, i dont see that as too hard, but that can wait till its painted etc.

And those holes i want to fill in, ill probably place the button pad in there, and maybe the volume control.
#9 - Panda
ahahah, that is the greatest thing i have ever seen.! what kinda monitor setup are you going to be using?
just a single monitor, 3 monitor setup would be nice to have, but i think thats a little too much, that coul dbe done down the track some time.
Adjustable Seat?
Are you using the seat track from the car, so it's front/rear adjustable?
5* realy nice work!!
Quote from 04 rx08 :Are you using the seat track from the car, so it's front/rear adjustable?

Yes, it is a fully functioning seat.

Not really up to date with outguage etc. so that will all be done at a later date if i ever work out how to use it....hardly likely
awesome!
woah woah woah :bowdown: very nice ! i so want to build a some sort of cockpit myself but just dont know where to start
Quote from Rotatox :In regards to guages...you have no idea how much i want them to function. Unfortanately i have absolutely no idea on how to do it so it wont be getting done (for now at least). I will probably eventually get them to light up at least, i dont see that as too hard, but that can wait till its painted etc

Hey there. Very nice cockpit! I love this new trend in using real car cockpits to make sim rigs. Are you using any tactile transducers? What sort of display do you plan to use?

I hate to advertise for a competitor , but if you wanted your analog gauges to work, you could use this http://www.betainnovations.com/store/product_nitro.html to control them. You would also need some air core drivers (which they also sell). The only downside to this arrangement is the price and the fact that you are locked into a certain rev range by using a printed gauge face.

Alternatively, you could use one of our SLI gauges. We will be releasing a non-wheel specific, cockpit-mount version next week. It would be less "authentic" than the analog gauge setup though

Chris Considine
CXC Simulations
Thanks for that link!

I have no idea what tactile transducers are??

Ok so to get my existing guages to work i need that aircore thing, and the nitro board thing correct?

Is it then just a matter of ripping off the internals of my current cluster and mounting the air core behind the tacho and speedo, then i presume a program is needed to calibrate it? IS that essentially it?

The australian rx7 version came out with a 280kph speedo and a 9k rpm tacho so i think this would be enough, i might try a source one down. I would only bother doing all this if the factory guages works. dont really want aftermarket guages in there...just wouldnt feel right
very cool! I have unusable old car in the yard, maybe i should make smth like this out of her?
Quote from Rotatox :I have no idea what tactile transducers are??

Oh well, these things are fantastic. Essentially, they are very large vibration motors. Think of it as a silent sub woofer. See http://www.thebuttkicker.com/ and SRT episode 4 for more information. They add a lot of immersion.

Quote from Rotatox : Ok so to get my existing guages to work i need that aircore thing, and the nitro board thing correct?

Is it then just a matter of ripping off the internals of my current cluster and mounting the air core behind the tacho and speedo, then i presume a program is needed to calibrate it? IS that essentially it?

The australian rx7 version came out with a 280kph speedo and a 9k rpm tacho so i think this would be enough, i might try a source one down. I would only bother doing all this if the factory guages works. dont really want aftermarket guages in there...just wouldnt feel right

From what I understand, you'll need the Nitro card, power cable, usb cable, and an aircore motor for each gauge you want to use. You can simply reuse your gauge faces and needles I suppose. I've never actually used Beta Innovation products as they are technically a competitor, but from what I've heard, they are relatively easy to install and setup.

Let us know how it goes!

Chris Considine
CXC Simulations
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Hopefully one day your gauges will look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGn4ylV7Guo

They would work even better now the redlines have been lowered. As you can see the rev guage went miles past the 8k limit on the clock.

How many cars actually redline at over 8k now? Not including the BF1, FO8, FOX, FBM or MRT.
Quote from CXC_Simulations :Oh well, these things are fantastic. Essentially, they are very large vibration motors. Think of it as a silent sub woofer. See http://www.thebuttkicker.com/ and SRT episode 4 for more information. They add a lot of immersion.

From what I understand, you'll need the Nitro card, power cable, usb cable, and an aircore motor for each gauge you want to use. You can simply reuse your gauge faces and needles I suppose. I've never actually used Beta Innovation products as they are technically a competitor, but from what I've heard, they are relatively easy to install and setup.

Let us know how it goes!

Chris Considine
CXC Simulations

if what your saying is true about the BI products it will be around $500 (australian dollars) to get teh guages functioning. Might have to hold that off dont despair though, if im silly enough to make this cockpit im sure my brain will trigger some stupid reason why i 'need' to get them
Nice looking.

Must love that dash.
Red-line is at 7k on that one.

All instruments should be able to hook up to a computer.
If i am not wrong all gauges are controlled by the ECU of the car.
And i have heard there is someone making software to controll this.

You need any asistance on this display, you should talk with the guys on RX7club.com

Lot of brains there that know alot about this.

Must say I would love to have one of them on my comp,
But then again, i got the realthing, and it cant get any better.
Quote from Trauma :Nice looking.

Must love that dash.
Red-line is at 7k on that one.

All instruments should be able to hook up to a computer.
If i am not wrong all gauges are controlled by the ECU of the car.
And i have heard there is someone making software to controll this.

You need any asistance on this display, you should talk with the guys on RX7club.com

Lot of brains there that know alot about this.

Must say I would love to have one of them on my comp,
But then again, i got the realthing, and it cant get any better.

This is better if you want to talk in terms of economy and reliabilty i know what they are like ive had a couple of rotaries....good when they are going....and good if they actually worked for a change

I was very close to buying an FD though, still want one, not sure if i could afford the running costs unfortunately....one day hopefully!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG