The online racing simulator
awsome... simply put.
LMAO
omg hahahaha
haha :P
Nice
Amazing, Simply amazing! I wish I have the common sence and patience to build/design something like that. Post a picture of it when it is completed I can't wait to see it!

~Sp33d
Got some motivation to do a little more on it today
Attached images
DSC00272.JPG
Here`s some more motivation then. It looks absolutely great. Keep on doing it.

It seems like ages since I saw the start of this project, and it`d be sweet to see it finished
I have been veryy busy at work doing 7 day weeks...It will get finished one day, although my list of what i want to do to it, is slowly getting smaller and smaller
No stress at all. There`s a million and one things I`d love to get finished for this game and others, as well as a cockpit of my own. There just never seems enough time to get some stuff started, let alone finishing it (Oh, to be a teenager again...)

The cockpit looks great so far, just keep at it when you have the time
Quote from Rotatox :Got some motivation to do a little more on it today

it's awesome! I like the way you used the Mazda (787b?) colors
Yes, i do like the paint scheme, wasnt sure how it was going to turn out, but everything so far has pretty much come out as i wanted it to, although i did want to put a door on the unit for a more enclosed feeling, space didnt let me though unfortunately
If it wasn't for this project I would never have gutted a 300zx of it's interior. I will have to start putting it all together soon.
Quote from Rotatox :

So i think you can see why i dont think ill be getting the guages to function (not any time soon anyway). From what ive found, it seems it will cost me another $500 odd dollars to get the guages to work. For me thats too excessive.
I just want to use it, i have not played LFS since i started this thing in early december !!

If you are still considering gauges then I have noticed some Beta Inno parts for this going over here:

Might suit your excellent project or someone else's cockpit build.
I .... I ... uhm ... eeh ...

WE'RE NOT WORTHY TO SEE THIS! WE'RE NOT WORTHY! WE'RE NOT WORTHY! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Quote from Rotatox :Got some motivation to do a little more on it today

Is that a tin of Ambrosia Creamed Rice ! yummy

1 * tin of Ambrosia + 1 * blue pan = Sim racers Dinner/mobile loo

Attached images
DSC00272.JPG
Quote from CSU1 :Is that a tin of Ambrosia Creamed Rice ! yummy

1 * tin of Ambrosia + 1 * blue pan = Sim racers Dinner/mobile loo

Thats a paint tin!
dude that is amazing...kudos
i would put a keyboard where the stereo is suposed to be
how do you make the pedals come down like that
i am also in the build of my racing cockpit and i was just wondering seeing yours gave me some ideas but i was just wondering how you make the pedals come down like that do u turn the pedals upside down and adjust the settings in lfs or..

please reply

thanks
Quote from dopna12345 :i am also in the build of my racing cockpit and i was just wondering seeing yours gave me some ideas but i was just wondering how you make the pedals come down like that do u turn the pedals upside down and adjust the settings in lfs or..

please reply

thanks

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=955458

not that hard to do
Quote from dopna12345 :i am also in the build of my racing cockpit and i was just wondering seeing yours gave me some ideas but i was just wondering how you make the pedals come down like that do u turn the pedals upside down and adjust the settings in lfs or..

please reply

thanks

It was just a matter of opening the pedal casing, and turning the pedal pads upside down (they are just screwed to the arm of teh pedal). no adjustments needed in LFS, as the same pedals are being used for each action. (acc/brak/clut)
Dude you cut your RX7 dashboard in half just for LFS I'd rather crash the RX7 into a wall and then cut the dashboard in half
Quote from PoVo :Dude you cut your RX7 dashboard in half just for LFS I'd rather crash the RX7 into a wall and then cut the dashboard in half

It probably was crashed. Or a project car. Or a scrapyard deal.
Quote from PoVo :Dude you cut your RX7 dashboard in half just for LFS I'd rather crash the RX7 into a wall and then cut the dashboard in half

Page 2:
Quote from Rotatox :i got them from a guy who had them spare as he was fitting this interior into the earlier shape rx7

All I can say is WOW!!! It looks amazing.

I stumbled across this thread while looking for inspiration for my own cockpit. Mine wont be nearly as detailed though. I think I might be able to solve two of your problems!
- Eliminate the need for a keyboard and
- Fill up the double DIN (stereo) hole.

My idea is to put a blanking plate across the stereo hole and fill it with 8 or 10 buttons/switches - one for each essential function (traction control, speed limiter, ESC key etc). Connect them all to one of these, and you're good to go!!

I'm going to do the same thing in my cockpits (yes, I'm stupid enough to build two of the damn things). The little circuit board in the link above is basically just the brains of a keyboard, but with a whole lot of screw terminal inputs so it's really easy to work with. All you have to do is wire up your buttons and switches to it, and when you press them, the computer thinks you're pressing a button on a keyboard.

The only downside is that you don't have a full keyboard so you can't type messages in multiplayer.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG