The online racing simulator
omg just saw this really awesome job!

Bravo!!!
Indeed a very good work!
|pfffffffffffff...im so far behind.....
could you post any photos/guide/how to for the wheel mounting and the gears? what parts did you use to make the wheels axis long .........
wow, great work!
cool if all the buttons worked e.g. 4 way flash
Quote from bladegt :|pfffffffffffff...im so far behind.....
could you post any photos/guide/how to for the wheel mounting and the gears? what parts did you use to make the wheels axis long .........

It will be too hard to explain how i mounted the wheel and gear shifter. its more a trial and error thing. I will get some photo's up of the internals. As of now all the timber is complete, finally getting underway with it agaain. Ive re adjusted the steering wheel higher to a more comfortable position. and fitted the back sheet of timber. I was going to buy the carpet today but just too tired to go to the hardware . I'm getting very itchy to play lfs again as i havent played it since i started this thing about 3 or more months ago
I can't wait to see some photos and wish you all the luck on this project, sounds like lots of fun
Quote from blackbird04217 :I can't wait to see some photos and wish you all the luck on this project, sounds like lots of fun

not fun FRUSTRATING lol......btw don't expect pretty photo's of inside, its a mountain of pieces everywhere....the outside looks nice though . Cars have screws in all the wrong places
Quote from Rotatox :not fun FRUSTRATING lol......btw don't expect pretty photo's of inside, its a mountain of pieces everywhere....the outside looks nice though . Cars have screws in all the wrong places

lol I understand your frustration. I just saw this thread for the first time yesterday and I think i'm just a couple steps ahead of you. I finally got all angles and positions of seat, e-brake, wheel, shifter and pedals... took 3 prototypes to get it right.

I finished painting some of the outer panels and carpeted the interior.... now im on to the dash section next. It's fun when everything works right, its not so fun when your done your secon cockpit and its still not perfect.. lol.. i'm sure i'll end up tearng this one up and moving on to #4 once I find the flaw in it.
Quote from wtf im nameless :lol I understand your frustration. I just saw this thread for the first time yesterday and I think i'm just a couple steps ahead of you. I finally got all angles and positions of seat, e-brake, wheel, shifter and pedals... took 3 prototypes to get it right.

I finished painting some of the outer panels and carpeted the interior.... now im on to the dash section next. It's fun when everything works right, its not so fun when your done your secon cockpit and its still not perfect.. lol.. i'm sure i'll end up tearng this one up and moving on to #4 once I find the flaw in it.

How about scrapping tearing it up and sending it down to me hehe its a win win, u get rid of it and i get this flawed version lol.

Anyway i hope you get rippin back into it to complete it soon...or later which ever takes your fancy.
Quote from AstroBoy :How about scrapping tearing it up and sending it down to me hehe its a win win, u get rid of it and i get this flawed version lol.

Anyway i hope you get rippin back into it to complete it soon...or later which ever takes your fancy.

lol, i'm going to assume that shipping some plywood and a car seat over seas would cost a lot more than you going to your local hardware store and buying it. heheheh.
The cockpit looks really awesome.. wish i could build something like that (don't have the space and money plus no PC that i could use to run LFS on [using my mac now..])
Here are some pics i took now of the internals. Ive bought carpet for it, and have rounded the edges off, carpet goes in after that.

Paint scheme ive decided on a ferrari Red, with green/white/red pin striping and plenty of stickers eventually. I know it aint a ferrari interior but im hoping it will still look good
Attached images
26032008594.jpg
26032008595.jpg
26032008596.jpg
Nice job so far

Two questions for you, if you don't mind.

1) You mentioned that you moved the wheel up to make more legroom. A few posts prior to that you mentioned that the floor to the top of the gauge cluster is 740mm. When you raised the wheel did you have to raise the whole dash too? If you did, what's the current measurement? I'm trying to compare yours to mine as im starting to install my dash today, but mine will be a little higher from floor to top of dash.

2) How sturdy is the wheel like that? Do you get any flex in the wood under hard cornering or when you have to whip the wheel around quickly to correct for oversteer??

Thanks.
Quote from wtf im nameless :Nice job so far

Two questions for you, if you don't mind.

1) You mentioned that you moved the wheel up to make more legroom. A few posts prior to that you mentioned that the floor to the top of the gauge cluster is 740mm. When you raised the wheel did you have to raise the whole dash too? If you did, what's the current measurement? I'm trying to compare yours to mine as im starting to install my dash today, but mine will be a little higher from floor to top of dash.

2) How sturdy is the wheel like that? Do you get any flex in the wood under hard cornering or when you have to whip the wheel around quickly to correct for oversteer??

Thanks.

1. No, the dash is at the same height. I notched out the beam to raise the wheel about 30mm. As a result of this the wheel is sitting slightly closer to me now (and is more comfy), i had to lentghen the piece that the wheel sits on as i couldnt cut the guage cluster any more.

2. The wheel is about as firm as you can get it. no movement, or none that you can actually notice. mind you those beams are thick enough to hold up a house. If anything the only movement is the wheel is itself. not the timber its attatched too. Same goes for the rest of the interior, is as sturdy as a real car, you dont have to tippy toe around it scared of breaking something
Cool. thanks for the reply. I am looking at my full dash on the floor in front of me as we speak. Its out of an MK4 Jetta/Golf GTI. I want to try to get it in this week. I'm so excited.
As i said in OCAU, amazing work, keep it up!!
Thanks mate, its almost there, the carpet and interior are now fitted, just a coat of paint and ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

And ive changed my mind on the ferrari paint job, the new paint scheme will be revealed after its painted If what i have pictured in my head is anything to go by it should look pretty good
Can't wait to see the photos.
Well here are some updated pics of the cockpit.

I still have to do a little more but you get the idea.

I need to paint dotted lines and some black areas and plenty more stickers...
Attached images
06042008618.jpg
06042008617.jpg
06042008613.jpg
06042008614.jpg
Quote from Rotatox :Well here are some updated pics of the cockpit.

I still have to do a little more but you get the idea.

I need to paint dotted lines and some black areas and plenty more stickers...

Is your Speedo and Tach operational?
no they arent, i cant justify the price it costs to get them operational
#97 - aoun
How much for the cockpit Rotatox?
Amazing cockpit! I really think you should get the gauges operational, some people have managed to and I'm sure it would make it soooo much better

Great stuff
The cockpit ended up costing me a little over $500 aussie dollars, and thats not including the g25. The dash was $250, seat was $130, and the rest covers paint, timber etc.

So i think you can see why i dont think ill be getting the guages to function (not any time soon anyway). From what ive found, it seems it will cost me another $500 odd dollars to get the guages to work. For me thats too excessive.
I just want to use it, i have not played LFS since i started this thing in early december !!

Thanks to everyone for all the positive comments, makes it more worthwhile!
#100 - JEP
Just amizing, posted in LFSIL.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG