The online racing simulator
Well, all i have to say, LFS DEVS, you are the greatest bunch of devs in the world, i promise you i will play till i die, weather you produce patchs that long is up to you, i will stick with it due to the attitude of you guys, its great aswell when ranters go on about things that are stupid as for ian H, he is just blunt about how he feels, i allmost always disagree, although his oppinons are welcome'd to be shared i honestly had to block him in this thread, he has gone to far imo, but Devs, keep on truckin!

Great Job ! thks a lot for all the developper team
Quote from SabersKunk :Breakable wings is one of the additons still to be completed before S2 loses its alpha status.

ohh sorry didnt know that.

a big thumb up to the devs.
this patch is simply amazing.
and i LOVE the new dashboard of the XRR. =D
it looks great!

thanks the devs for bring this patch to us =D
I think Eric, Victor and Scawen have proven that the way they wanted to develope / produce this game is working very well for them (in terms of motivation and finance), otherwise we wouldn't be here (or at least not anymore).

If you take a look at what you get for the amount of money we paid and the fact that the game is still being worked on with regular updates / patches is something we should be pleased with.
Instead of buying an upgrade every year we get only charged for every stage and we got all additional cars and tracks (FBM, BF1, MRT5, SO6) for free, unlike some other games.
Also I have to say that we have one of the most stables game out there and if there is a bug, we can be sure it will be fixed (and not promised to be patched someday in the future).

Yes, LFS developement can feel slow at some point when it comes to updates we can feel and see, but the patch realease lists still quite long and even the "smallest" step is still a step, even when it adds nothing for the english speaking countries.

If you are really that bored with LFS, then leave and come back later, but this constant "moaning" is helping noone. It's no motivation nor help, as I'm pretty sure that Scawen knows best what's to do and to work on.

And now: it's summer (holidays)...
Just popped in to say thanks for the patch, keep up the good work! Cheers
About these language updates...

I thought that once the support for the character sets was done and dusted, it is then volunteers from the community that do the translations. No developer time lost, just that of kind hearted individuals (and piss takers if I ever get round to a Geordie translation )
Quote from Dajmin :
Jeez that was a rant. The defence rests, your honour.

That was quite hilarious. Good post.
Quote from Bean0 :About these language updates...

I thought that once the support for the character sets was done and dusted, it is then volunteers from the community that do the translations. No developer time lost, just that of kind hearted individuals (and piss takers if I ever get round to a Geordie translation )

Offcourse, that's how it works...
Quote from Bean0 :(and piss takers if I ever get round to a Geordie translation )

It has to be done
Yes the translators are very kind people and are a great help getting LFS around the world. I am very thankful to them and feel that they are not repaid enough for their efforts. At least we can keep giving them updates like everyone else and hopefully not it's too much work, once the bulk is done, to add some new translatable lines each time we are coming to a new patch. I am constantly grateful for their continuing efforts with updating and improving the translations. :up:

I hope the East Asian language support will help to raise up that European night time dip in the online activity graph. Well, it must help though there will always be a "Pacific dip" - try looking at a globe, from one angle it seems to be almost entirely Pacific ocean, and there just aren't that many potential customers in the sea!

The East Asian languages required some special support, not being alphabet based they have so many characters, they must be swapped in and out of graphics card memory as required. It was a really interesting thing to code from a pure programming point of view. I like that we can do that kind of thing.
I asked earlier but apparently it got lost amongst all this fuss about LFS's progress. Were Delete and Rename options on replays' screen causing any problems so they had to be removed in patch Z?
I have them... try reintalling PZ
I will, thanks! It could be that I had changed the background pics in Y.. I'll have a look at it as soon as I go home, tonight.
#364 - XXI
Korean language support
I can select Korean characters from drop-down panel, but I cannot type them (if I type '권', it should be typed in 'ㄱ'-'구'-'궈'-'권' sequence, but just '?' is shown). Is it by design?
Can we submit more comedic translations? Like Guild Wars had Swedish Chef for a while (which became Bork Bork Bork I believe)
Quote from SabersKunk :Breakable wings is one of the additons still to be completed before S2 loses its alpha status.

I too recall seeing something about this in one of the most recent Y test patches or another post from Scawen. It was something about implementing breakable wings when bringing out patch Z.

Note, this was just a few days ago.

Also, I could be VERY wrong about it. Just thought I remembered a list of what was going to be included in Z in the thread that the final text patch was released in the forum.
-
(Electrik Kar) DELETED by Electrik Kar
Quote from mrodgers :Also, I could be VERY wrong about it.

You are VERY wrong about it There was a list of things to be included in Z and a list of things in the works. "Breakable wings" are in the works.
Btw, why Ian.H is No Longer Welcome? He used crack?
Quote from Technique :You are VERY wrong about it There was a list of things to be included in Z and a list of things in the works. "Breakable wings" are in the works.

Thank you, I stand corrected....

Quote from Scawen :The remaining GTR updates are part of the needed updates for LFS S2 to lose the ALPHA tag. Some other updates that should mostly be done to get out of ALPHA are :

- Improve collision physics
- Break off wings instead of bending

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=842674#post842674

Quote :Btw, why Ian.H is No Longer Welcome? He used crack?

About time his trolling and LFS flaming drivel disappears.......
i like the street car feel of the xfg
Hell yeah!

<----

(Is that avatar allowed? )
By the way, feel free to use this avatar. The Anti-IanH avatar club has started
LoLoLoL
For me this patch is disappointing.

Too few and uninteresting features in too much time. I think AA and AF are very complicate to implement. So in the end it was a high time consumption for a feature which can be switched on with the graphics card. Of course it should be implemented in the game, but i would have done such things at the very end.

The replay functions are good and were really needed, thx for that.
But also here i do not understand why not all functions were implemented as buttons. Like fast forward, frame forward etc. !?

All together for me there is nothing special about this patch like all the others.

Even simple things like showing the fastest lap of the race while racing were not implemented, which could have easily done.

After the other patches i always had a "wow" effect. This time absolutely not.

Of course this does not change the situation that LFS is still the best feeling racing simulation in my point of view.

I am looking forward what will come next

LFS S2 - Patch Z
(556 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG