The online racing simulator
Maybe your idea of an insult is different to mine
Quote from danowat :I don't see any insults TBH, just opinions that differ from yours

You're an arse-licking gullible sheep.

That's not an insult, right? Of course it's not if you are actually a domestic sheep (Ovis aries).
Quote from JJ72 :IN SHORT, DON'T MARRY A RACING SIMULATOR.

I don't know, as i said i hate switching things, and it's painfull that there are minor stuff that needs adressing to make it almost perfect, but they get neglected.. like unrealistic setups, perfect starts - floor the throttle and off yoy go, etc...
Are you seriously telling me these couldn't be done in 2 years, and all the interiors couldn't be finished by now? I'm no modeller, but i don't think it would take me 2 years to make couple of interiors.. XFG and XFR are still half-same, plastic dashboard in a racing car? I'll change that in photoshop and make it an alcantara, that's 2 hours of work, tops.. but it couldn't be done by the developer? XRG, XRT and XRR still share that same dasboard also...
What about a little more polygons on LX's, RB4, UF1? and practically all cars? Is that really that much of a work?
The ppl. asking for faster developing of LFS might forget a fact:

I strongly believe that lot of people like this sim the way it is, including its progressing.They are happy about still to be able to play the sim without major changes every week or month.

What I´m trying to say here: Not everybody dislikes the ,what some of you call, "slow" speed of developing. It has its advantages as well.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I don't know, as i said i hate switching things, and it's painfull that there are minor stuff that needs adressing to make it almost perfect, but they get neglected.. like unrealistic setups, perfect starts - floor the throttle and off yoy go, etc...
Are you seriously telling me these couldn't be done in 2 years, and all the interiors couldn't be finished by now? I'm no modeller, but i don't think it would take me 2 years to make couple of interiors.. XFG and XFR are still half-same, plastic dashboard in a racing car? I'll change that in photoshop and make it an alcantara, that's 2 hours of work, tops.. but it couldn't be done by the developer? XRG, XRT and XRR still share that same dasboard also...
What about a little more polygons on LX's, RB4, UF1? and practically all cars? Is that really that much of a work?

um the XFG texture is a design choice, you can disagree but there's nothing WRONG with it. I'd made it suede with 5 mins too.

and the XR sharing the same dashboard is pretty much a logical choice.

the problem with existing car models isn't about more poly really, they way they were done in S1 was rather amaturish and to do them properly....you'll rather remodel them, probably along with some design changes as well. It's definitely not little work, just of course practically can be done in a lot shorter time, even though Eric is on part-time.
Quote from JJ72 :I am deeply offended why Ian you have to keep insulting people who are seeing the positive side of LFS, your constantly referring of people as sleep pissed me off.

Sheep: People who just follow others without conscious thoughts of their own.

Seems like common trend on this forum, unfortunately.

Quote :Just because something doesn't work as in your rulebook of business model doesn't mean it must be wrong, you can dislike it turn away from it but how on earth can you reject the idea that some people does actually enjoy the experience and ain't here because people want something to worship?

You mean the fact LFS operate as a commercial venture and happily accept people's money, yet work like a half-arsed, lazy, open-source college project?

As for your use of the word 'worship', I think that underlines my point very well, thanks.

Quote :And just because somebody say thankyou in this post automatically render them brainless and uncapable of using common sense? Why don't you understand most of us see something positive WHILE also have our complaints with this sim.

Having manners is a positive.. the problem here is normally, that 'thank you' is accompanied by the likes of "you are my god Scawen".. "how often do you walk on water, sir?" or words to that effect.

Quote :I have LFS, Rfactor and is signing up to Iracing, I also just returned from CTRA1 and was pleasantly satisfied, slow development or not, why should I be pissed just because "hey in business term we are not treated fairly".

I think you have issues with people actually enjoying the game, and while a few months before you would still pretend you are making the post because you want to "ring the bell" and hope LFS does better, now you are just plain trolling because you hated it.

Are you asking or telling me my opinion?

I don't hate the fact people enjoy the game at all.. more power to them. And where have I ever said I hated LFS? I see it's potential, but a lost potential, sadly.

Quote :You want LFS to fail okay but who are you and why should we care??????? I honestly think you should pull your head out of your ass and stoping thinking that you are the special one with a rare insight because all you are special for is not processing the ability to see beyond your own opinion.

Huh!? Now you're just trying to put words in my mouth. Where the fsck did I say I _want_ to see LFS fail!? I said I _can see it falling_... a world of difference!

As for heads and arses.. I think I'm one of the few that happen to have it already outside of their orifice. Since when have I claimed to be special in any way, or have rare insights?

When you actually have an argument to put against what I've said, feel free to come back and try again.. until then, I'd suggest you don't bother.

Regards,

Ian
Maybe "arse-licking sheep" is a bit insulting, Ian, you do have a point, but maybe tone it down a bit?
Hello! Great work from Devs, but one think i don't understand: Why does the bug of some FE and SO walls is not fixed? I talk about this "pinball wall" bug (eg: on the bridge of SO). I hope you understand me, my english is sooooo bad
CU on race track
Quote from deggis :You're an arse-licking gullible sheep.

That's not an insult, right? Of course it's not if you are actually a domestic sheep (Ovis aries).

Depends what side of the percentage barrier you see yourself

Careful though, one day, someone really might insult you.. and I fear that may spark suicidal tendencies or something.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from danowat :Maybe "arse-licking sheep" is a bit insulting, Ian, you do have a point, but maybe tone it down a bit?

I'm out.. I guess I've said what I had to say (and I have a meeting in 2 mins). Maybe a little insulting to some (conscience? heh) but fair play. Just seemed the easiest way to write "someone who constantly bows down and kisses the feet of the developers regardless of whether praise is worthy or not"

Regards,

Ian
Yup I have an argument, that you should stop generalizing people as sleeps, because I see most of the people here definitely not are. The fact you repeatedly bringing it up without regard of people who actually have their own mind is over the line.

And just because LFS is a commercial venture does not mean it has to play into your version of what is a commercial venture. If customers don't like how a business is operated they make a point by quitting/buying something else or maybe even sue them against the service agreement, but surely there's no one fixed standard that a business is ahered to besides what's in the law. If people pay 1 million to buy a pea from Ebay you and are happy about it you can't say they shouldn't. And considerly LFS is just 24 pounds with 5 years of active running and unlimited online support, it's hardly a bad deal, if you paid 150pounds for it I would agree, but this game is so cheap it definitely delievered what its worth......Again if you are upset because you paid for LFS then maybe I would send you 24 pounds....if that makes you feel better.
Sorry I couldn't take it anyway else other than an insult.

It's practically the same as "You are an **** because I say you are, and don't deny it because if you ain't an **** why would you bother, you ****."
Hi All

Well after being away from the "racing" scene for a while, I thought I would download the patch and see what's what.

Well........Nice changes. New interiors makes blind shat difference to me, as I still use wheel view ( don't flame, my choice, and sticking with it )

TBH..and MY opinion only....LFS just doesn't have the "pulling" power it used to. Maybe as Ian H says, Development is slow, no "major" changes, who knows. Pick up races are "almost" impossible unless you have a CTRA license, or some other form of driving skill. What was with Blackwood and FBMW last night. Jeeez people have some varitiy on here

I know... I am an old dog here, and love the FWD cars, my choice and I like that.

Didn't really feel any major difference to last patch ( Y?? ) and joining at peak time ( 10pm UK Usually ) unless it's shifted, nothing has changed.

Still bucket loads of empty servers with no configuration differences ( minimal )

Oh well.....my 2 pence

Fordie
Quote from JJ72 :um the XFG texture is a design choice, you can disagree but there's nothing WRONG with it. I'd made it suede with 5 mins too..

Yes i know, it suits the road version (XFG) but isn't XFR suppose to have racing interior? (suede?) Good that they don't share the radio like before
But ok, i like to fiddle with interiors so it's partially editable, but my other points stands, regarding physics, setups and low polys...
My main problem is with the setups as well, locked diff advantage foremost. I don't know what does it take to change that, maybe the tire need some real life data. But at least collision physics is the next thing that would be fixed, which is one of the main problem with LFS's physics and which would change how people drive.
Ian.H and whiners: Don't you think that you're taking the thing way too serious then? Sims are nothing more than toys for big boys. If you feel more comfortable with lolFactors and alike then stick with it and don't waste your time coming back to LFS and forums in order to voice bold statements about devs and generalizations about other community members who actually do enjoy the sim in the current incarnation. It's obvious that it will never ever please you no matter what. You don't really expect development pace to be significantly speeded up if you personally keep insisting on it, do you? So what's the point then? You didn't subsribe to lifetime supply of racing fun for 24,- GBP. Developers are smart and well aware of situation, have some trust in them, and courtesy.

LFS is supposed to be entertaining, and for it's price tag i haven't seen anything providing so much fun and intensive experience over a number of years. Yes in theory it could be much better and completed by now though it is not, so what - should we all start to be worried and depressed because of that? Slow progress is still a progress or would you like see LFS abandoned instead? I am open to trying new things and do enjoy a ride in other sims now and then, but for whatever reason I am finding myself back in LFS regularly, as it has some special touch and feeling that other sims seem to lack (though they provide different means of entertainment and that's fine). Take it or leave it, to each to his own. If you expect instant perfection you would be dissapointed and it applies to everything.
Quote from maxelmar :I want to take back what I said about the devolopers being pathetic, not very respectable of me.
But I've waited long for a decent answer or a fix for this problem, nothing yet, a new patch gets you all excited but still you can't enjoy the game (and the new patch)

Normally when LFS doesn't start, instead giving you a message "Probable error in graphics drivers", this means either DirectX or your video card drivers have some kind of bug, conflict or issue. It can usually be solved by reinstalling DirectX (visit microsoft.com) and the most recent drivers for your graphics card.

Quote from Deejayyaj :...But can we make the Frame Rate much higher even if PC's running in 64mb or 128mb video graphic cards, (e.g. Laptops with only 64mb or 128mb integrated video cards) so even out of town with the lappy on it can still play LFS Just a quick and a little question on this..

The best thing if you have an older card or not that much graphics memory, is to use low resolution textures (in Graphics options). Also, use 16 bit sky and do not use anisotropic filtering or antialiasing.

Quote from mrodgers :S2 license....

I click on CTRA Race 1....

Loads up skins, etc, and gives me a pop-up....

"Host is S1"

And I'm back at the server list.

It happened to me twice, then the third time I was able to get on the server. I could understand a "Host is full" message (of which it was not full), but the "Host is S1" and that's it was strange.

Normally that would be if you had not unlocked. So your LFS would be in demo mode and the host would give you the message "Host is S1".

Quote from FBUT Bishop :Hello! Great work from Devs, but one think i don't understand: Why does the bug of some FE and SO walls is not fixed? I talk about this "pinball wall" bug (eg: on the bridge of SO). I hope you understand me, my english is sooooo bad
CU on race track

There were no updates in the physics system, only some cars were updated to improve handling and class balancing.

The collision and damage system improvements are a high priority task on my programming sheet as it will clearly help the racing.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :LFS ain't broke...don't fix it

It ain't broke, but there are still major flaws that could have been adressed instead of making it understandable for Asian people, is it my fault that they're not learning freakin' English in schools?
Even if Eric works on a oil rig 12 hours a day or something, half an hour every day or two would've been enough for plenty of new content and refiments in curent graphics...
Gosh Love you !!! !@#@!#@!#@ Gosh Gosh Gosh Gosh!!!
Thanks, you rock !
I'm not able to use any buttons on my wheel. For some reason LFS is not picking up the mappings used in the wheel profiler. I've had this issue since Y19. Patch Y worked just fine. Z doesn't.
Quote from Boris Lozac :

It ain't broke, but there are still major flaws that could have been adressed instead of making it understandable for Asian people, is it my fault that they're not learning freakin' English in schools?
Even if Eric works on a oil rig 12 hours a day or something, half an hour every day or two would've been enough for plenty of new content and refiments in curent graphics...

That's a shocking attitude IMO The more languages catered for the better.
Quote from webdigga :That's a shocking attitude IMO The more languages catered for the better.

I was joking, haven't you noticed the smiley It's a good thing, offcourse, there will be more people from Asia, but was it more important then fixing some noticable flaws in physics engine, sound engine, etc?
Quote from Boris Lozac :I was joking, haven't you noticed the smiley It's a good thing, offcourse, there will be more people from Asia, but was it more important then fixing some noticable flaws in physics engine, sound engine, etc?

Very funny. It may be more important to you but not to someone who can't speak English....

LFS S2 - Patch Z
(556 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG