The online racing simulator
Quote from unseen :JJ72, Most of the textures with alpha channels usually have very simple areas on the alpha channel (circles where dials go, etc) but that specific file has a far more detailed alpha copy of the whole texture over it. It looks much more like a mask for something new and interesting....

you know, maybe that's just a lazy way to make the alpha from the texture.
I think I found a bug. The driver's hands are inside the steering wheel... See the screen in attachment.
Attached images
imagem.JPG
Quote from Speed Soro :I don't know if it has been reported already, but I can't find a way to add AI drivers in this test patch.
BTW, congrats for the visual improvement!

Something must be wrong with your install. I raced against AI cars all last night without a hitch. I added them using both the UI and the /ai command.
Quote from unseen :Small O/T, but if you`re reading this Scawen, what`s the point of the detailed alpha channel in the new XRracedashALP24.dds file? Is this the start of variable light/reflection mapping for the textures, or did eric just forget to remove it?

At the moment, the alpha in that file seems to do nothing.

OK, I read this and your conversation with JJ about that.

Had a look in the editor and it seems this was a way of creating a shiny but not too shiny surface within the limitations of our graphics engine.

There are shiny black triangles behind there and that alpha mask is not shiny, so partially removing the visible shine.

At the moment the LFS engine only allows setting of shine level per object so cannot be done per surface. Eric was working around this to create the desired shine level.
Quote from chanoman315 : there were my fastest ones ever made

The game is an alpha. Not finished, and not even a beta. You shouldn't get too attached to any of your hotlaps because they could all be reset at any time.
Quote from pwrguido :I think I found a bug. The driver's hands are inside the steering wheel... See the screen in attachment.

they arent inside the steeringwheel, i think
The bug I comented some pages before about the fail with gearbox was noticed by my brother (who don't know the existence of that "bug") driving a XRR in fourth gear reducing to third. It seems that the little throttle the injection push is enough to avoid this bug, so you could only reproduce it with the car moving or with a stalled engine.

Another fail

This is not a Scawen fail hehe, this came from Eric.
First of all, I'm sorry but I don't know how to say it in English, but with the image you should catch it.
In XRG/XRT, there are 4 keys to control the electric windows, but...oh, surprise!! Those cars only have two doors
Attached images
Bug XRG-XRT.jpg
Mirror bug?
Did someone post this mirror bug already? I haven't seen it around, but excuse me if it's a double post I attached the picture.. I think that sais it all. The top part of the mirror is not filled / sky blue... I'd expect some trees there

In case you didn't recognise.. it's a XRG

UPDATE - Sorry for the double I see this has been reported earlier too. Hope you can fix it though
Attached images
lfs_0.5y30_mirror-bug.JPG
I ran out of unlocks, at my aunt's house without my wheel I tested Y30, and I came back to Y to play with some friends and I came home to my wheel and I wanted to do some more testing and I can't go online... Scawen Please give me one more unlock... Thanks.
hmm, i think i broke somthing.

alltho i allways have a backup so i used my backed up lfs and tryed reinstalling it again and it worked. dno how this happened tho still got the copy of lfs which this happens on tho lol. looks quite funny
Attached images
hmm.JPG
it must of snowed at blackwood this summer, due to global warming.
Attached images
lfs_00000104.JPG
lfs_00000103.JPG
Quote from Whiskey :The bug I comented some pages before about the fail with gearbox was noticed by my brother (who don't know the existence of that "bug") driving a XRR in fourth gear reducing to third. It seems that the little throttle the injection push is enough to avoid this bug, so you could only reproduce it with the car moving or with a stalled engine.

Another fail

This is not a Scawen fail hehe, this came from Eric.
First of all, I'm sorry but I don't know how to say it in English, but with the image you should catch it.
In XRG/XRT, there are 4 keys to control the electric windows, but...oh, surprise!! Those cars only have two doors

That was a little fail yes :P

not to hard to do something about tho
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :it must of snowed at blackwood this summer, due to global warming.

Texture files are removed.. That happens when thats done
Quote from Feffe85 :Texture files are removed.. That happens when thats done

yep so i noticed, but was funny because id never "accidently" done that befor lol.
LOL, awesome snow mod. Fron looking at the files it can't open, I think the lighting effects aren't working. but the funny thing is that is now looks like renders.
I think the picture of the XRG on the Car Selection screen should be changed, because the rims change, and i dont know if it's a bug, but the road cars wheel's dont have a thing on the center... is it normal?
Hi Scawen,
I never read your big red text and have lost all unlocks by messing up my LFS. Can someone please give me a few more unlocks to enable me back to Admin my servers less gonna have to shut down till next Friday.

Sorry if this is the wrong area but its relavant to Y30.
Quote from Andy King :Hi Scawen,
I never read your big red text and have lost all unlocks by messing up my LFS. Can someone please give me a few more unlocks to enable me back to Admin my servers less gonna have to shut down till next Friday.

Is this supposed to be a joke?
Quote from AndroidXP :Is this supposed to be a joke?

Do you see any smilies or me laughin, I am locked outta LFS a program I have paid for which gives me the right to use it. I run 5 servers and need access to LFS. It was a request to Scawen and didn't need any input from anyone else as it was addressed to Scawen.

Thanks again.
Is the .MPR format still the same as in patch Y?? I am using LFSpoints to calculate the standings in our league and don't know if it will work in Patch Z. Could anyone check this??
Quote from Andy King :Hi Scawen,

me too wants unlocks
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y30 : XF / XR Interiors
(447 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG