The online racing simulator
Test Patch Y24
(173 posts, closed, started )
Quote from coolxiang :i am admin and a install the h to y22 patch! so is there no solution how i can fix it?

Try to copy the folder "abc" of a default Y installation (simply download and unzip it somewhere, no need to unlock this installation too. We just want the folder) into your y22/y24 installation.
This has helped me, but remember to backup first.
thx that helps
Quote from Flame CZE :Someone has already written that...

You mean Analog Gauges?

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=28186

I really like it a lot, I now never use the internal car-dashboard view anymore. I figured the wheel and arms are just totally strange and obscuring most part of the view, but disabling them looks weird too.
Since i made my own simulator cockpit thingy it feels much more natural to get rid of all this crap. Now i really feel as if i'm in the car. Recently i made my own Gauges and it now looks like this:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/stefank ... FS/GAUGE/CUSTOMGAUGE2.jpg

But also the centered "wheels-only" view finally looks the part this way:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/stefank ... LFS/GAUGE/CUSTOMGAUGE.jpg

It felt like ages to make this dial work correctly, but it's almost finished and ready to upload. It allows for a lot of creative work from everyone which makes it such a cool tool to fiddle around with.

Thanks go to Riskredrum and Screama.

[EDIT]
I know this is a bit off-topic and shouldn't be posted in the testpatch topic, but due to the change of needles (center-assambly) everyone is talking about gauges. Which is actually funny coincidence since I worked my ass off recent days to create my own Gauges :P
[/EDIT]
Quote from BruTaLysT :You mean Analog Gauges?

No, I meant the gray button in the middle of the gauges.
Not sure if this has been reported already but i have noticed two minor bugs lately.

One of it is about the textures, particularly the rear light textures which are quite often not loaded correctly it seems. It looks like a "dull" texture that seems to be some sort of a placeholder or something. Today i have seen it happen with my own car (for the first time) and it changed while on track. I had to pit (just for repair, no shift+P/S) and the textures where normal and after leaving the pitlane again they went weird. (track was KY3R and car was XRG)

The second issue was that, after refueling once in the pitlane, at every following pitstop the game tries to refuel the same amount again although is was set to zero again (F12). It wouldn't stop until i start moving and im also getting a message saying that fuel has been added but its still the same amount. I was not able to reproduce this bug but the circumstances where as follows:

Track: KY3R
Car: RB4
Session Mode: Practice
Fuel in tank: 40%
Fuel to add: 100%

Just in case that happens again, i will save the replay. Forgot about it this time
Quote from coolxiang :Have install the test patch y22, but can´t start the game. when i try to start i get the failure text box "could not load font". pls help anyone quick. thx

And now im missing my original LFS.exe helppp
Re-download it...
Quote from Jazzka :And now im missing my original LFS.exe helppp

You have obviously done something very wrong. Download the Y to Y24 patch (not the Y19 to Y24 version) and reinstall it. If that doesn't work, re-extract a fresh copy of version Y and then apply the Y24 patch, or just go back to using Y and wait for Patch Z to come out.

If you're using Vista you need to make sure that you are an Administrator and that you have write permissions in whatever directory you are installing LFS to.
Umm thanks for quick response.. got it to work.. It needs to be Dl'ed directly to the lfs root and run from there thanks you dudes.
Back to driving
I intalled the test patch y24 because i can´t wait until the new patch released. But after it was istalled i get down on the ground, because i hope there where more graphic changes. only the aa and af and some other little things, but not the big changes i hope.
I hope there are more changes in the final z patch
Quote from coolxiang :I intalled the test patch y24 because i can´t wait until the new patch released. But after it was istalled i get down on the ground, because i hope there where more graphic changes. only the aa and af and some other little things, but not the big changes i hope.
I hope there are more changes in the final z patch

are you crazy? did you read the whole changelog? Chineese , Korean support, demo licence system, AA, AF, FPS increased, Replay controls... I think its not few changes
Patch Y had a new car. Now that the Fbm came with patch Y people are expecting more in patch Z.
Quote from Flame CZE :are you crazy? did you read the whole changelog? Chineese , Korean support, demo licence system, AA, AF, FPS increased, Replay controls... I think its not few changes

I am not crazy, but i hoped there where more important graphic changes (i know aa and af) and increasing the graphic.
I think I found a bug, although I'm not sure if it's new with Y2x. The numbers on the tire temp display overlap the actual tire in the FO8. I haven't driven the FO8 for a long time, so I can't recall if this was an issue before or not.
Attached images
lfs_00000005.JPG
I think it's not that bad... you can see all you need
That's very strange. I just checked the F08 (which I NEVER drive) on Fern Bay in Patch Y24 on my machine here at work and the numbers do not overlap the tire display in F9 mode.

Can you reproduce that with any of the other cars on your machine? Are you using a language other than English?
I think that's only because of the weird resolution he is using ( that is if he uses the res. the picture has :P )
It's a widescreen resolution, although not using the widescreen mode. I can see everything I need, but it's not like every other car, where the numbers are above the tires. Not a big deal.

And I'm using English.
Quote from Danke :I think I found a bug, although I'm not sure if it's new with Y2x. The numbers on the tire temp display overlap the actual tire in the FO8. I haven't driven the FO8 for a long time, so I can't recall if this was an issue before or not.

The "problem" is, that the boxes and the text are relative to the screen width and height but the tyres size is only relative to the screen width.

Boxes are like 5% of screen height and 10% of screen width and they stay relative to the screen size. You can proof that very easy by switching to windowed mode (shift+f4) and resizing the window to 5:10 and 10:5 ratios...

However because the tyre is only affected by screen size ist bigger because of widescreens... and because the gap between tyre and text is a vertical gap it's affected by the screen height.

And of course because FO8 and BF1 tyres are so big... ^^
can someone help me as i cant get it to work online. It keeps saying user name not found in demo. but when i log in here my user name works ?
Quote from MataGyula :I think that's only because of the weird resolution he is using ( that is if he uses the res. the picture has :P )

I had this issue since i joined LFS, it was he only car with the F1 that had this "feature", but ive seen other people that doesnt have this
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Check which password you are using - there is a GAME password (to be used in LFS) and a WEB password (used FORUM/LFSWORLD etc) for your user name.

yes Ive set a game password and i see no were in the game to set password And when searching for servers it tells me my user name not found. But opening the game it shows my users name a msmolt ? Ive set the game password on this forum but see no were to enter it in the game?
Click on your name in the opening screen and enter your name and password in the appropriate boxes.
Quote from wien :Click on your name in the opening screen and enter your name and password in the appropriate boxes.

thank you very much that worked for me
Installation of this patch is not possible because I need rights on this new pc from my dad for it ... (to install files). Is there any other way? (Got patch Y)
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y24
(173 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG