The online racing simulator
Test Patch Y24
(173 posts, closed, started )
Quote from LFSn00b :I win, my dial things are chromed

where did you get that Renault Steering wheel?
sorry for this offtopic and thanks, Scawen, this patch is looking good
Quote from Sir moi 407 :Ok tested
When you put pit-stop requiered (when you don't there's no problem):
With ALL Aston tracks, ALL Kyoto tracks and Westhill ,with ALL cars it ,with 1-2-3-4-5-6-...etc cars it happens.
But if you put only 2 laps (I know it's pointless but just so you know for your tests :P) they have enough fuel but just won't pit...
So the problem comes from:
-Kyoto
-Aston
-Westhill
That's it I hope it will help you If you need anything else just ask

EDIT: and with FE,Blackwood and SO everything is OK in all situations (When you put 2 laps they pit!! )

OK, I still cannot reproduce it.

I added an XF GTI, a Formula BMW and a Formula V8 on Aston National with 2 laps and Pit Stop Required.

They all pitted and finished the race.

Same test again on Aston Cadet - all pitted then finished the race.

EDIT : Same again with 20 AI although there were some collisions so a few did not finish. My AI are set to PRO.

EDIT 2 : Again with 20 FBM cars. Most finished successfully although quite a few crashed in the pit lane and burnt their clutch. Also some did not get enough fuel to finish their lap of honour after finishing the race. But as I understand your bug description you are saying they run out of fuel before finishing the race - that I cannot reproduce.
Scawen, is it possible to make the circle a bit smaller or the needle's longer?

I tried it, but the needles arent attached to the circle then.

btw, Niko my crystal circle owns
Attached images
lfs_00000002.jpg
Hi Scawen & thx for new test patch!
Just want to ask one question, why did these buttons dissapear by test patches: <, > and same things up & down.. Well, it does have < & > but it doesnt have up & down.. why is that and can you add then to next test patch?
Thank You!

EDIT: Oh and i ment up & down things like up as: ^ (cant find down :S)
EDIT2: well, down as: v
Quote from Scawen :OK, I still cannot reproduce it.

I added an XF GTI, a Formula BMW and a Formula V8 on Aston National with 2 laps and Pit Stop Required.

They all pitted and finished the race.

Same test again on Aston Cadet - all pitted then finished the race.

EDIT : Same again with 20 AI although there were some collisions so a few did not finish. My AI are set to PRO.

EDIT 2 : Again with 20 FBM cars. Most finished successfully although quite a few crashed in the pit lane and burnt their clutch. Also some did not get enough fuel to finish their lap of honour after finishing the race. But as I understand your bug description you are saying they run out of fuel before finishing the race - that I cannot reproduce.

That's... really really strange...
I am absolutly sure I have Y24 because I have the thing in the middle of the speedometer... Maybe you forgot to put the fix in Y24 or I don't know
Well here is a spr with my AIs in the same config (don't pay attention tot he stupid AI names I'm just a kid )

EDIT: my AIs are set in pro too
Attached files
AS3_6.spr - 838.7 KB - 255 views
...sorry for interfering, but I'm following this thread and I've run tests also to get this bug...
Sir moi 407: could you please post a screenshot of the race's config?

That would wipe away any language problems....

edit: I guess it's somehow a normal behaviour of LFS because the AI's are not allowed to pit in the first lap...?
Quote from Sir moi 407 :They do pit in first lap in Scawen's computer and in Blackwood,Fernbay and South city...

What is in your data\pth folder?

I have attached the contents of this folder. Maybe you have deleted it at some time?

Unzip this to data\pth
Attached files
pth.zip - 32.1 KB - 244 views
Quote from klubi-17 :Hi Scawen & thx for new test patch!
Just want to ask one question, why did these buttons dissapear by test patches: <, > and same things up & down.. Well, it does have < & > but it doesnt have up & down.. why is that and can you add then to next test patch?
Thank You!

EDIT: Oh and i ment up & down things like up as: ^ (cant find down :S)
EDIT2: well, down as: v

The answer is here :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=809573#post809573
Quote from Flame CZE :there's no new needle... only that grey thing

well I assumed you would know what i meant.

it is part of the "needle assembly", and sounds better than "that grey thing"
Quote from Sir moi 407 :That's... really really strange...
I am absolutly sure I have Y24 because I have the thing in the middle of the speedometer... Maybe you forgot to put the fix in Y24 or I don't know
Well here is a spr with my AIs in the same config (don't pay attention tot he stupid AI names I'm just a kid )

EDIT: my AIs are set in pro too

ive done the exat same combo, 2 laps, pit stop required with BF1, F08 and XF GTI, and they did the pitstop. Very strange indeed, must be something wrong with your lfs maybe how about you download another copy of lfs, patch it up to y24 and then see if you still get it
I never did anything with this
Your PTH's files work
Thanks alot Scawen and sorry for making you loose your time with a bug that was only mine finally
If I play an SPR file and use the fast forward/fast rewind bar at bottom, lfs needs many time to switch to the selected position within SPR. I've tried fast rewind in first round and lfs need many seconds to switch to the desired replay position. The replay is recorded with Y24 and played also in Y24. If I'm using an MPR, fast forward/fast rewind works fine and really fast.

Anyone could reproduce this?
That's normal
I think that's because LFS generates the video but I might be wrong
could you update the Ai hand thing, when ai in a corner, his hands/wheel shaking (spelled rigth?) as hell. update so he is more like a human, even he is a robot
Quote from Pasci :If I play an SPR file and use the fast forward/fast rewind bar at bottom, lfs needs many time to switch to the selected position within SPR. I've tried fast rewind in first round and lfs need many seconds to switch to the desired replay position. The replay is recorded with Y24 and played also in Y24. If I'm using an MPR, fast forward/fast rewind works fine and really fast.

Anyone could reproduce this?

This is perfectly normal, because in a SPR LFS has to recalculate all the physics up to the point you want to fast forward to. In a MPR it can just go through all the position- and race event packets, for the most part skipping the physics calculations up to the last packet.
Middle gray circle does NOT show up on custom views hud.

What exactly does the CCI_LAG bit mean?
Furthermore, is it possible to make the network
latency available to insim? i mean in milliseconds.

thanks
-chuck
Quote from chucknorris :What exactly does the CCI_LAG bit mean?
Furthermore, is it possible to make the network
latency available to insim? i mean in milliseconds.

thanks
-chuck

I suppose it's high/set if a player is shown as "lagging" to other players.
I'd prefer latency in ms aswell, +1 for that.
Quote from morpha :I suppose it's high/set if a player is shown as "lagging" to other players.
I'd prefer latency in ms aswell, +1 for that.

Maybe Scawen wants to keep InSim compatible by just adding a flag? If he adds new field, the packet itself has to change, so all insim addons have to

Scawen: What about that "invalid lap" flag? I guess the info is in LFS (hit object/wall/grass detection), so why not add the flag to CompCar structure?
Quote from Mischa NED :Maybe Scawen wants to keep InSim compatible by just adding a flag? If he adds new field, the packet itself has to change, so all insim addons have to

Having the latency in every CC doesn't really make sense anyway, maybe a new small subtype?
Quote from morpha :Having the latency in every CC doesn't really make sense anyway, maybe a new small subtype?

Sorry but I'm not adding InSim requests at the moment. The LAG bit is something Victor requested and I could do it easily, in 5 mins. A lagging car basically has an invalid position so I guess that is helpful for things like the LFS Spectator system.

HLVC detection is not calculated in multiplayer mode - it's just for hotlapping - so it's not just a case of adding a flag.

Only fixes now, no requests, Patch Z coming soon. More development after that.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y24
(173 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG