The online racing simulator
Hi Scawen! Very good and interesting last patches.
About advanced control mouse. This is first small step only, but it is good.
If it is of any interest to you, criticism:
1. When combined Thr/Break, centering axis Y fasten centering screen monitor. D't do this! Centering axis Y must be fasten current value axis only.
2. When you use axis Y as one axis, devide not active. It's not good idea.
3. Why you ignore axis Z (scroll) mouse? Please realize.
4. Min devide axis X must be < 1. This is consequence difference resolution difference mouses.
5. That is enough now.

I drive on mouse (MIME 3.0). I have axis steer, separate axis throttle and break, axis clutch, i do heel&toe very easy. When you analyze my replay, you d't difference, what i use only mouse but no wheel and paddle. I not have only FF. But i use third person soft, and soft old and not working on Vista. I (and more other racers) interesting advanced useful mouse directly in LFS.
Attached images
Adv mouse.jpg
Quote from Mithras :Think I may have found a bug.

A few minutes ago, I started up patch Y22 and went directly to the Master Server List, which showed up for about 5 seconds. Then after that the list itself disappeared and instead showed "Closing 1 connect" in the upper-left corner below List of Hosts. The Meeting Room button is still there.

I've restarted LFS three times so far and I am still getting the same problem. I guess I'll just stick with running Y21 until a way around this is figured out..

I guess this is not a Y22 issue at all. I think this has happened occasionally for years. So if you got that in Y22, you'd probably get it in Y21. Or if you don't get in in Y21, then Y22 would work as well.

But do let me know if I'm wrong and after testing you find it really is Y22 specific.

Quote from nesrulz :btw, where is flag for Bulgarian?

I copied Bulgarian by mistake from the translation system, into my patch folder. It is only half finished so should not really be there at all.

Quote from mobu :...I discovered that by decreasing the MIP bias for text to -0.2 the text suddenly appeared crystal sharp. Maybe this should be the deafult setting if all others experience the same blurred texts?

Someone else said this already but in case anyone missed it, the default mip bias for text is -1.0 and at least on my PC that gives much better text sharpness than zero bias.

Quote from aoun :I tested the frame rate before and after Y21 in South City in the BMW F1 car and before hand i had to take off alot of graphics or low to get it running at 30fps. After i downloaded Y21 i felt no improvement, FPS stayed at 30fps. I put all the graphic settings full or best, and it stayed at 30fps.

So, i dont know how it works, but its ok, but VERY confusing!

As someone mentioned, have a look in Misc Options to see if you have set a frame rate limit.
I wish i could try it! But i'm not home... I can't wait to test! Good work!!
Nah, I can try it on next monday. Better? Thanks for the improvements though.
Does it improve framerate for autocross layout objects too ?
Cool! but can't take screenshots bugged or something
When I try to take a vid with fraps, LFS just crash´n burn.
FPS set to 20 in LFS and fraps.
Mby someone already posted it, but.. here's some glitch with the wheel
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Quote from richukss :Mby someone already posted it, but.. here's some glitch with the wheel

No, new shader.
Quote from richukss :Mby someone already posted it, but.. here's some glitch with the wheel

just because of you have modded it, in normal wheel that reflection is fine..
Quote from Juls :Does it improve framerate for autocross layout objects too ?

It should be possible to use the same technology for autocross walls (barriers) and stuff. I still remember what a dissapointment autocross tracks were for my framerate on my old computer. Mainly beacause of the many barriers.
Um, this is a bit odd.

Both these people mid-race joined on CTRA Race 2, and when I spec them, I get this

Cars were RB4 and XRT, track was AS1r.

Patch Y22

Nearly all settings on 'low' - my computer is slow
Attached images
lfs_00000089.JPG
lfs_00000090.JPG
I have tried to install it but when i installed it like told i came back to the standard version of lfs, no patch y22 of anything like that, i even needed to unlock lfs again

Anyone a idea?
Quote from J@tko :Um, this is a bit odd.

Both these people mid-race joined on CTRA Race 2, and when I spec them, I get this

Patch Y22

have u made ur video card's procesor work faster?
the dials on the FBM steering wheel is really hard to read =S
Quote from Ramon F. :Y22

I'm getting artifacts too, it only happens in LFS not other games.

Also, when I press Alt-Tab and then switch back to LFS I'm loosing AntiAliasing and no matter what settings I use I can't get it back, only restarting LFS works.

Ati Radeon X1600
Catalyst 8.5

Quote from felplacerad :I also noticed a tiny amount of artifacts on Y22 yesterday. I've never ever experienced artifacts in LFS before on any PC (with one exception - but that time the graphics card was dying). Since I was using a laptop yesterday (IBM Thinkpad T60) which is not really intended for gaming I did not bother reporting it here until i saw the other reports just now.

Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon XP1300
Driver: 8.293.1.0 (Yes, they're ancient but bear in mind I do not usually run games on this computer).

Quote from J@tko :Um, this is a bit odd.

Patch Y22

All same bug, i think this isnt video card problem
Please don't ask me to post my PC specs
Quote from J@tko :Please don't ask me to post my PC specs

if u overclocked ur video card too mutch (if u overclocked at all) that is the reason why u see that crapy view, i know that because i overclocked myne's and that happend too
Quote from sgt.flippy :I said this before, but apparently there are more people with about the same problem: when I change AA or AF settings, nothing changes, I tried renaming LFS, tried putting my 3D settings to application control, but both settings have no result.

And another problem I saw on the last page: my reflections on the car are gone. It looks like a toy car now. I get shadows on it, and a little bit of reflection, but the color stays pretty flat.

I have had a problem for a while with AF. Changing the setting in LFS has no effect, and changing the setting through the driver also has no effect. AA works as supposed.

I have already removed and reinstalled drivers and have also updated to the latest catalyst a few days ago which hasn't solved the problem. Also a change to a better radeon videocard hasn't solved this problem.
Quote from mxpxun :if u overclocked ur video card too mutch (if u overclocked at all) that is the reason why u see that crapy view, i know that because i overclocked myne's and that happend too

No i havnt.
Ok, just installed the newest patch, but for some reason the wheels in my car are too "dark", I couldn't even get white color out, when I put the sliders to the max..
White looks like grey etc.
Everything else is working as it sould be..
That's because the sky reflection is now also rendered on the rims.
Live For Speed S2

Y21:

Y22:

Pictures are clickable.
Quote from Scawen :Does your graphics card support hardware vertex shading? If not then that is what you need - and HVS has been around so long, such a "modern" graphics card would cost nothing (if you can find one second hand). People are probably now throwing away as scrap, graphics cards that are fine for LFS.

I've been able to verify this on a machine that does not have HVS support. In Y21 at the back of a large grid on Westhill I got 32 fps (game paused, in-car view). In Y22 I only get 16 fps. This machine has an on-board Intel 82945G chipset (utter crap).

If your computer doesn't have a graphics card that supports hardware vertex shading, it's time to upgrade. Virtually every decent card has had this for years now, so anyone who's even remotely serious about gaming or sims should have no problems getting their hands on an HVS supported card.
Everytime i go to the skid pad and try to get out (by the brown fence), the car is resetted and freezes Works everytime with every car.

Don't know if anyone already said this, if so, sorry
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y22 : Faster and Smoother
(381 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG