The online racing simulator
It was a stupid mistake and deserved a penalty for sure. I don't doubt that it was 100% accidental, but that's not the point. Crashes in the pit lane should not happen, they have to be strict.
Quote from OldBloke :I thought (Hamilton) looked uncomfortable giving that interview. As if he was trying to be someone he's not.

He always looks like that. I think that's why it's so hard to like him.
Quote from sinbad :I don't doubt that it was 100% accidental,.

Yep, agree, why loose the race when there are still 40+ laps to end it?
personly i think its hamilton falling into his own trap again, you see it time and time again with him...

this my version of events...

hamy pits, he see's them to scraping and the pure racer in him kicks in again, he just nails it....., bet he didnt even see lights while in pits he was to heated to get away and once they went flying past the old red mist really did come down, all that was in his head was to catch them 2 thats it.... then he realises they aint moving hits the achors and wam bam ....

we seem it when he hit the wrong button off the grid..., hamilton is one of the quickest in F1 but i have to say hes crap when put under preasure, thats how alonso won his 2 titles, those seasons nothing shook him (maybe 2x) but he was solid, now alonso has a chip on his sholder, so i dont care what car he's in no WC for him and i have to say i dont think hamilton will win it either, he's not coping well enough under pressure, personly its either kimi or kubica for the WC, there the 2 strongest and with blistering pace...

we have it in LFS... doing good lap times, somthing rocks ya and you end up not seing and barrier ... hes got the ability but he needs to calm his head down in presured situations..., util then if hamy wins WC it will be the bad luck of the other drivers or one hell of a quick car all season...
Lol... if Hamilton hadn't been the luckiest boy in Monaco last race this would have been 2 very very disappointing showings in a row.

Ah well.

Grats to BMW, that would have been a very neat race if it weren't for Hamilton.
Quote from JamesF1 :Rosberg (all-but) stopped. And he did it in a seemingly shorter distance than Hamilton. Both were on the limiter beforehand.

How can you bash Hamilton for crashing, then say that Rosberg all but stopped? Rosberg crashed too, he had more time to react to the sitting cars and ended up making an identical mistake.

People make mistakes, then they learn from them and go on to someday become WDC. Anyone who doesn't think that hammy will someday win it all is a little bonkers.
Well for me Rosberg has much more of an excuse since he was following Hamilton. Remember that drivers don't race from Tv or Chase cam but from their cockpit.
Quote from Paranoid Android :Well for me Rosberg has much more of an excuse since he was following Hamilton. Remember that drivers don't race from Tv or Chase cam but from their cockpit.

and dont have brake lights
Quote from chanoman315 :and dont have brake lights

I think this is the problem. F1 cars should have at least a small little brake light. It would save lots of contact and people would at least know that the person is braking. For example when Massa was making a move on someone and was drafting. All of a sudden the person in front braked (or broke) early and Massa wasn't expecting it so he was lucky enough to bearly dodge it. If there was a brake light he could have seen it and braked almost instantly and stay right behind him.

Hamilton's crash would probably have been prevented if there was a brake light even a small tiny 1 lbs (or 500 grams) one.
Quote from evilpimp :

Hamilton's crash would probably have been prevented if there was a brake light even a small tiny 1 lbs (or 500 grams) one.

NO, Hamilton's crash would not have been prevented, if Hamilton looks the lights there would not be crash, but that's the problem, there are rules you have to follow... doesnt matter if you have brake lights or that stuff...
Its funny how people compare kimis accident to hamiltons.

hamilton was 100% at fault and aimed at kimi as well wth?

I feel bad for Massa, if he didn't have to do the last stop he would of got 2nd or 3rd.
Quote from Paranoid Android :Well for me Rosberg has much more of an excuse since he was following Hamilton. Remember that drivers don't race from Tv or Chase cam but from their cockpit.

If Hamilton had stopped in time, Rosberg would probably have hit him(or Kubica) anyways. Hamilton was hit in the spot vacated by Raikkonen. Rosberg screwed up just as big. He had exactly the same chance to see the light, yet he managed too stop the car 1 length to short to hit kimi's spot.

So if you're gonna burn hammy :bananadea, burn nico too :bananadea:bananadea
Nice to see Kubica get the win

Quote from DevilDare :man, see some website now flame Hamilton, example "Hamilton should be dq from F1 for taking out champion He is ****ing bl noob"

People like these should SHut the **** up, remember Monaco? Kimi taking out sutil? Oh wait he is the "Champ" he shouldnt be penalised, no he is a star, but Hamilton.... DQ him now....

But seriously what was he thinking? But also like i said its Kimis and Kubicas fault too, and Rosbergs, If Kimi and Robert havent formed a grid, Hamilton wouldnt have crashed, and even if he did he could still carry on. But Rosberg just punched him too......

Kimi made an unfortunate error on a race track which led to him loosing control on a race track and hitting another car.

Lewis was half asleep driving through an area full of people and racing fuel, he then completely ignored a red light and some how failed to notice a pair of stationary cars in front of them and locked up at the last minute and drove into the back of Kimi at low speed, clearly takes after his father. Hamilton and Rosberg definitely deserve their penalty IMO.
I think Hamilton has a thing about pressure of the moment when he realises he's lost a position. He made similar judgment errors in Bahrain after losing positions at the start (and displayed really sporty behavior in gesturing to slower drivers that raced him when he fell back). I guess he still has a lot to learn if he's inclined to - stopping at red lights (lights - not cars) is as good a place to start as any.
Next race with his 10 place penalty will be revealing. He will have to fuel a little on the heavy side as he can't sit in the middle of the grid on a short two stopper. I just wonder if from 11th - 15th whether he will have the necessary patience or will he be spamming "MOVE OVER I AM FASTER" at all the poor schmucks who don't get to drive a McLaren or Ferrari.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Next race with his 10 place penalty will be revealing. He will have to fuel a little on the heavy side as he can't sit in the middle of the grid on a short two stopper. I just wonder if from 11th - 15th whether he will have the necessary patience or will he be spamming "MOVE OVER I AM FASTER" at all the poor schmucks who don't get to drive a McLaren or Ferrari.

Well in GP2 he had a habit of making a silly mistake, rejoining in front of cars and then barging his way back through the grid, mistakenly identified as great racing and overtaking.
gj Robert and the whole team. The champioship is MUCH more interesting now when several drivers are in for the win. (Back in the days of Michael dominance, the whole f1 was boring as hell)
Quote from xaotik : stopping at red lights (lights - not cars) is as good a place to start as any.

I lol'd
Im now (finally!) watching the canadian GP.
And only 3 mins into ITV's show in qualifying, and I already hate James Allen. the idiot. Honestly, he should be commenting the Euro, for all he knows about the sport. I guess is hamilton began playing soccer he'd go comment on soccer... What an idiot.

On the other hand, major props for blundell - keeps his composure though it sounds at times he rather hit allen with a brick to the face.

Made these yesterday, I think we need to rename him Calamilton.
Nah, I don't care about the music, but that's the overtake of the season for me! That was just simple and great!
The pass looks great, but the condition of the track that made it possible is a disgrace.
On the heli view during the pass seems like Hamilton's ghostcar is passing through the cars
Quote from SamH :the condition of the track that made it possible is a disgrace.

True.

I like how every year, Bernie starts bleating to the press about how he's going to take the British GP away from Silverstone next year because their garage doors aren't shiny enough.

And yet at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, although it's a superb track, it's literally falling apart, and yet it's fine by Bernie.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG