The online racing simulator
[F1 2008] Canadian Grand Prix *SPOILERS*
So we're one-third of the way into the season. Here's how the points tables look so far:

Driver's points after Round 6:

Constructor's points after Round 6:

This has been a strong Mclaren circuit in recent years, so I'll bet that they'll probably have a slight edge here. Ferrari have proved this year however, at Monaco especially, that they've closed the gap on these types of tracks. Their car seems more nimble and compliant on the curbs, which is important at Montreal.

The forecast is for possible rain on Friday and Saturday, with Sunday still looking uncertain.

It should be a very interesting weekend, especially considering I'll be watching it live! We'll be in the Turn 9 stands for quali and the race, but we'll probably check out a couple other spots during practice. Has anyone else ever been?

I'd bet on Hamilton to win, Kimi second, Heikki third. Massa well down or not in the points at all.
Can someone explain how the hell Hamilton is leading the championship!!! lol
Quote from Lateralus :So we're one-third of the way into the season. Here's how the points tables look so far:

Driver's points after Round 6:

Constructor's points after Round 6:

This has been a strong Mclaren circuit in recent years, so I'll bet that they'll probably have a slight edge here. Ferrari have proved this year however, at Monaco especially, that they've closed the gap on these types of tracks. Their car seems more nimble and compliant on the curbs, which is important at Montreal.

The forecast is for possible rain on Friday and Saturday, with Sunday still looking uncertain.

It should be a very interesting weekend, especially considering I'll be watching it live! We'll be in the Turn 9 stands for quali and the race, but we'll probably check out a couple other spots during practice. Has anyone else ever been?

I'd bet on Hamilton to win, Kimi second, Heikki third. Massa well down or not in the points at all.

i would love that for the Mclarens to win, ferrari didnt prove to well in the last rain race so i hope it rains as u can geus im a mclaren fan, i dislike ferrari, well anyway, heres to the race being a very good 1
Quote from Intrepid :Can someone explain how the hell Hamilton is leading the championship!!! lol

He's a H4x0r
Mostly he's got a bit lucky this year. He was fortunate the Ferraris didn't go well at Melbourne, was lucky his tyres lasted at Turkey despite he being the only one incapable of making them last more than 16 laps, and he lucked into a Monaco win solely due to McLaren's strategy calls.

I don't predict it will last once the season get's back to Europe.
Quote from Lateralus :The forecast is for possible rain on Friday and Saturday, with Sunday still looking uncertain.

Oh man, again rain.

Most of the time, the Canada races are pretty good in the dry already.
Quote from Intrepid :Can someone explain how the hell Hamilton is leading the championship!!! lol

Because he has finished better on average than all the other drivers.

But it's great looking at that championship table, six rounds in and the top four in are separated by only six points, it's very competitive.
Are the prices I found right??? O_O 300$???? Entry 30$ and ticket to sit at those places 300???

Is there a way to pay those 30$ and still watch the race o_O. Cuz I was going to go until I saw the price.
Quote from tristancliffe :Mostly he's got a bit lucky this year. He was fortunate the Ferraris didn't go well at Melbourne, was lucky his tyres lasted at Turkey despite he being the only one incapable of making them last more than 16 laps, and he lucked into a Monaco win solely due to McLaren's strategy calls.

I don't predict it will last once the season get's back to Europe.

Tristan you know as well as I do that luck is a very dirty word in motorsport. It's number 1 on the list of race driver excuses.

I guess it was lucky that a 10 year old Hamilton made DAMN sure that he would secure a solid car for when he reached F1 by approaching Dennis. I guess he was lucky that he stringed multiple championships together so he could secure that drive. I guess he is lucky that he has earnt the support of all his team who make sure his care can survive a rub with the wall. He PUT himself in a situation to have a car/team good enough to win races like Monaco... he did THAT... NOT LUCK...

Kimi got his fair share of 'luck' in the Australian race but what didn't he do that Hamilton did - bring it home in 1st (which Kimi was on for in Australia until he binned it)!

and here is God himself Senna riding his luck in Monaco 1984 as previously posted. 'Lucky' he didn' ruin his car -

Luck is such an empty word used by people who don't have the knowledge to explain or understand a situation

However i do agree that Hamilton can't out perform his car much longer. the Ferrari is just TOO good
Quote from evilpimp :Are the prices I found right??? O_O 300$???? Entry 30$ and ticket to sit at those places 300???

Is there a way to pay those 30$ and still watch the race o_O. Cuz I was going to go until I saw the price.

This is F1, not some club racing event. Tickets are expensive.

We paid $225 for grandstand tickets Fri-Sun. General admission tickets, if they're still available, won't get you much in terms of a view. You'd be lucky to see the tops of the cars whiz past from well behind the fence.
Quote from evilpimp :Are the prices I found right??? O_O 300$???? Entry 30$ and ticket to sit at those places 300???

$30 won't even get you a weekend ticket for the ex-CASCAR series. F1, the highest tier of Motorsport, is going to be expensive.
Ugh lol I give up. Not going :P. At least not this year but some year I will lol.
#13 - JJ72
here we go again.....the why hamilton is so great 101.

I hope a BMW sauber wins.
My favorite driver is Hamilton.
What is yours?
Jenson Button =D
Mark webber, and i hope to god he can get a podium here.

I think the ferraris will be strong agian, and Massa and Kimi are basically equal this year so i can't choose between them.

If heidfeld doesn't score in this race or gets another rubbish qualifiying his chances of staying next year are basically nil.
Quote from Mustafur :If heidfeld doesn't score in this race or gets another rubbish qualifiying his chances of staying next year are basically nil.

And I would like to see Alonso and Kubika at BMW
They are good friends and superb drivers and I'm sure they could get BMW to a new level, really close to McLaren and Ferrari and give an impressive season
Quote from Intrepid :Luck is such an empty word used by people who don't have the knowledge to explain or understand a situation

Indeed - he had completely calculated that his rear suspension could withstand a bang in the Armco and it would be better to do it before the pit entrance instead of after it. Just to spice it up a bit but not to overdo it.

I hope they've fixed that place Kubica did his stunt last year in Montreal. Or at least added a ramp there for some good air.
^:clapclap:
Quote from xaotik :Indeed - he had completely calculated that his rear suspension could withstand a bang in the Armco and it would be better to do it before the pit entrance instead of after it. Just to spice it up a bit but not to overdo it.

I hope they've fixed that place Kubica did his stunt last year in Montreal. Or at least added a ramp there for some good air.

Yeah it has been modifed.

BTW Renault claim on the f1 site that thier going to be with the front runner i say there full of shit, but who knows?
This is Webbers weekend, even though its not going to be its still his weekend.
I actually hope to see either both farraries and Kovi on the podium, aslong as someone other then Hamilton stands on that Podium i could care less who won the race, aslong as its not Hamilton.
Quote from JJ72 :here we go again.....the why hamilton is so great 101.

I hope a BMW sauber wins.

Nope, I have the same stance with Kimi last year when he won the title. That could easily be looked at as 'luck' but anyone with half a brain knows the term is meaningless tosh.

Quote :Indeed - he had completely calculated that his rear suspension could withstand a bang in the Armco and it would be better to do it before the pit entrance instead of after it. Just to spice it up a bit but not to overdo it.

Well he could have easily aligned himself with RedBull and the mechanics are not even allowed to breath near the suspension

When you look at the bigger picture. the actual process from Hamilton being a 10 year old kid, and then ending up on the top of the Monaco podium you see very LITTLE luck percentage wise is involved. The over riding factor in that process was a 10 year old Hamilton going up to Dennis and that accounts for 99% of the victory in Monaco.

As I said - luck is a word used by people who either do not want, or just plain don't have an understanding of a given situation.
You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

Quote from Intrepid :I guess it was lucky that a 10 year old Hamilton made DAMN sure that he would secure a solid car for when he reached F1 by approaching Dennis. I guess he was lucky that he stringed multiple championships together so he could secure that drive. I guess he is lucky that he has earnt the support of all his team who make sure his care can survive a rub with the wall. He PUT himself in a situation to have a car/team good enough to win races like Monaco... he did THAT... NOT LUCK...]

Quote from Intrepid :When you look at the bigger picture. the actual process from Hamilton being a 10 year old kid, and then ending up on the top of the Monaco podium you see very LITTLE luck percentage wise is involved. The over riding factor in that process was a 10 year old Hamilton going up to Dennis and that accounts for 99% of the victory in Monaco.

Does anybody else have a deja vu? :rolleyes:
#25 - aoun
Quote from Intrepid :Tristan you know as well as I do that luck is a very dirty word in motorsport. It's number 1 on the list of race driver excuses.

I guess it was lucky that a 10 year old Hamilton made DAMN sure that he would secure a solid car for when he reached F1 by approaching Dennis. I guess he was lucky that he stringed multiple championships together so he could secure that drive. I guess he is lucky that he has earnt the support of all his team who make sure his care can survive a rub with the wall. He PUT himself in a situation to have a car/team good enough to win races like Monaco... he did THAT... NOT LUCK...

Kimi got his fair share of 'luck' in the Australian race but what didn't he do that Hamilton did - bring it home in 1st (which Kimi was on for in Australia until he binned it)!

and here is God himself Senna riding his luck in Monaco 1984 as previously posted. 'Lucky' he didn' ruin his car -

Luck is such an empty word used by people who don't have the knowledge to explain or understand a situation

However i do agree that Hamilton can't out perform his car much longer. the Ferrari is just TOO good

Quote from Intrepid :Nope, I have the same stance with Kimi last year when he won the title. That could easily be looked at as 'luck' but anyone with half a brain knows the term is meaningless tosh.

Well he could have easily aligned himself with RedBull and the mechanics are not even allowed to breath near the suspension

When you look at the bigger picture. the actual process from Hamilton being a 10 year old kid, and then ending up on the top of the Monaco podium you see very LITTLE luck percentage wise is involved. The over riding factor in that process was a 10 year old Hamilton going up to Dennis and that accounts for 99% of the victory in Monaco.

As I said - luck is a word used by people who either do not want, or just plain don't have an understanding of a given situation.

Intrepid, to me, there is no such thing as good luck and bad luck in life. Everything happens as it happens. No, Hamilton in my eyes has had no luck. Monaco he happened to play the right move at the right time and it worked, he won, no ifs.. no buts he won. Not Kubica, not Massa and not Kimi.

Just keep in mind, McLaren put Lewis in a situation to win Monaco, not Lewis. McLaren put Lewis in a situation and opportunity to drive in Formula 1, not Lewis. And McLaren put Lewis in a situation, to be taken care of and have support in his career since a little kid, not Lewis. Anyone can walk up to Ron Dennis as a little kid and say that he/she wants to race for him, but it was Ron, not Lewis that put him in every situation in his career. Thats my opinion (stated its an opinion so i don't get flamed if my post has incorrect facts).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG