The online racing simulator
Extreme comments, but he is right about his attitude and creeping arrogance. I get the impression now that this humble down to earth Hamilton is a crafted front for his sponsors, and when he makes a stupid mistake his real personality comes out.

I will type out the full interview he had on ITV during the race for you...

Quote :

Lewis it looks to us like you just didn't see the red light at the end of the pitlane, would that be fair to say?

Well, I don't know what happened really, to be honest. I was comfortably in the lead. It was looking like it would be an easy win, we got into the pitstop, it wasn't a great stop, and err I saw the two guys infront of me, and they were battling in the pitlane, and I was obviously trying to make sure I didn't get involved with those guys, and ummm, you know, I saw the red light, but by the time I had stopped and I saw the red light, it was a bit late so...I mean its not exactly a racing incident as such, but errrrrrr I think its really unfortunate.

What kind of information were the team giving you, shouldn't the be on the radio telling you about the red light?

Yeh but it was a bit late (smirking), I mean ummm it was one of those things I guess (still smirking), and ummm, I mean I'm not, its, its a lot different to if you crash into the wall, and you, you're angry at yourself, I'm not, its not like that you know, (shrugs) I apologise to Kimi, if errr, if I've ruined his race, but ummm, you know (shrugs again) that sort of thing happens, so...(smirking)

Well obviously Kimi was the other man who went out, he is your main rival in the championship at the moment, is that some kind of consolation for you?

Not really, I would just rather not, either of us be out, and errr to be honest we were so quick, I was in front, I was breezing it (said quietly and looking off to the side), but, next time. (shrugs it off again)

That is word for word what he said, you have to see the footage to really get a good picture of his arrogance about the whole thing, but he kept shrugging it off and smirking about it.
Maybe so, but its true. I remeber him saying after Aussie GP on after race conference: "Yea, i have shown good speed today, and im ready to take on the championship, so cmon, bring it on!" And its the "cmon, bring it on" that clearly shows what a "cant find the word" he is. Yes i dislike him alot. Its his behaviour. Like he thinks he is the sh1t and what not. But on track it shows just what an incomplete driver he really is. I for myself can't imagine him beeing incorporated in any other team than McLaren, which clearly is his daddy'o hole. Even Alonso had enough of him and ran away after 1 year ffs. Although i dont like him either, but it showed how he cant stand the ridiculosness thats goin on in McLaren.

EDIT: reffering to Tristans and Garphs conv.
I'm just glad I am not biased enough to have to support anyone from my country, because if he keeps on showing the attitude he did in Canada I will want to see him making mistakes and losing the title, because thats how arrogance should be rewarded.

You never even saw that kind of attitude from Schumacher after he won 7 bloody titles, so to see it from someone who had a championship in the bag and threw it all away with silly mistakes is just strange.
Quote from tristancliffe :Well, he's a disgrace to England and Britain, so it's not surprising.

What the **** are you on!

I don't care that people don't like him, it's the real hatred and venom that people bring when they talk about him and the reasons they see for what he does that are so horrible.

There is no need to be that way.
He is right though, he is a disgrace to this country, if he was drunk, high, with his 6 kids in the back of his stolen Vauxhall Vectra and was banned from driving for 2 years, then crashed into the back of a school bus and still claimed he was innocent, then he would be a greater representation of our great nation.
Taking the actions of an individual and then generalising about an entire people on that basis is something the whole world is supposed to have left behind over the last two centuries.

Hamilton is not a disgrace to this country in the slightest. He may be a disgrace to himself, but until he wins a general election and has the popular support of the nation in everything he says or does, that's as far as it goes.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :You never even saw that kind of attitude from Schumacher after he won 7 bloody titles, so to see it from someone who had a championship in the bag and threw it all away with silly mistakes is just strange.

To be fair Schumacher made a few gaffes in his time. Remember the Monaco parking incident when he tried to pass that off as an accident in the press conference? He's a terrible liar.

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :He is right though, he is a disgrace to this country,

I can't say I'm especially precious about this country anyway. There are worse things about England than a smug, self-satisfied racing driver.
Quote from thisnameistaken :
I can't say I'm especially precious about this country anyway. There are worse things about England than a smug, self-satisfied racing driver.

Eerm, excuse me but I thought he raced under the British flag.

(says he waving the Saltire)
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Eerm, excuse me but I thought he raced under the British flag.

(says he waving the Saltire)

Bloody Scots, British when it suits them.

(TBH I was always more a Coulthard fan)
Well, the good thing about being a DC fan (I suppose, I've never been one) is that if he has an unremarkable day driving (which happens most of the time), you can still talk about his oddly-shaped face.
TBH, I'm not a LH fan but I was getting ready to eat a bit of humble pie when Louise caught him for a short interview after the incident. I was expecting him to totally own up to his own ineptitude and offer profuse apologies to all those concerned, namely Raikonnen.

I mean there was no other way he could come out of that situation with any sort of credibility.

But no. Instead all we heard was "it wisnae ma fault, these things happen"

What a complete fud, but glad to say my judge of charachter remains fairly solid

nb - double lol at Rosberg for going into the back of Hamilton. I was totally RAFPMSL when that happened
well.. finally saw the race.
Yet another awesome grand prix - its been what? 10 years since such a good season?

Im a hamilton fan, and Im glad what I think of him is still true: Very skilled, fast driver, great potential.
But still waaay too wet behind the ears, so keeps making pretty stupid mistakes then "ahhhh that was a shooting star that turned and blinded me so I erm.. it was an accident, I swearz".

He should REALLY spend a season in williams - the team were drivers are just another employee - that should bring him down to earth.
And all that James Allen-Intrepid fanboy insanity isnt helping him at all
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Extreme comments, but he is right about his attitude and creeping arrogance. I get the impression now that this humble down to earth Hamilton is a crafted front for his sponsors, and when he makes a stupid mistake his real personality comes out.

As seen on Bahrain, you mean?

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I will type out the full interview he had on ITV during the race for you...

Quite funny that he gave an interview to ITV (where most his fan-base is) but not to many other TV stations, including neither of the 2 spain-based ones (since I live in a part of spain with two official languages, we get the national coverage as well as the regional one, neither does have JA's commentary and are fully independent from each other, such a wonder... Don't you wanna learn spanish now? ).

All in all, it makes me wonder, at least, who's more suitable to be a WDC... I mean, Kubica makes barely no mistakes, speaks out of his mind, is on a slower car and now has the points lead...

Let's see what's up next races because season is getting quite interesting.

Go Robert go! :]
Quote from DeMS :Quite funny that he gave an interview to ITV (where most his fan-base is) but not to many other TV stations, including neither of the 2 spain-based ones

If you were Lewis Hamilton, would you want to speak to the Spanish press?

I agree about Kubica, he's been the best driver this season so far.
Quote from DeMS :...Kubica makes barely no mistakes, speaks out of his mind, is on a slower car and now has the points lead......

That´s the kind of champion I want
Quote from thisnameistaken :If you were Lewis Hamilton, would you want to speak to the Spanish press?

I have had Kubica backed each race this season each way.....£50 profit from him so far. Shame I did'nt put him on for the championship
Quote from thisnameistaken :If you were Lewis Hamilton, would you want to speak to the Spanish press?

If I were Hamilton not. But if it were me or any other person in his position I would surely do.

If I was in his position I would, because even if I could think it would be emotionally wrong (since some people thinks here in Spain we're all racists and hate Ha-my-LOL... Sorry to burst your bubble, we're not neither thing), it would prevent people from making conspiracy theories and all that, summed in the saying 'making wood out of the fallen log'.

However, considering his interview on ITV and the poor way he expressed himself, if I was him, I would have NOT conceded any interview and let someone else type what I must say, not to make a fool out of myself.

About Kubica, he's probably the most constant driver so far, and judging what gave Raikkönen the WDC win last year, he's got options to win provided the main drivers from Fed-carry and MyLaughter keep on running into trouble.
Well he couldn't handle the polite british press that have to kiss his arsehole and make him out to be the reincarnation of Senna, so what makes you think he would be able to handle someone who might point out that even 6 year olds know what a red light means.
Quote from DeMS :If I was in his position I would, because even if I could think it would be emotionally wrong (since some people thinks here in Spain we're all racists and hate Ha-my-LOL... Sorry to burst your bubble, we're not neither thing),

I wasn't talking about the racist abuse at the Barcelona test, I was talking about how hostile the Spanish press are towards him, or at least how they were last year.

Quote from DeMS : About Kubica, he's probably the most constant driver so far, and judging what gave Raikkönen the WDC win last year, he's got options to win provided the main drivers from Fed-carry and MyLaughter keep on running into trouble.

It does seem like both Ferrari and McLaren are the least-professional teams this year, it's weird. Hopefully a good opportunity for Kubica to mug them.
I think the next patch for the mclaren's simulator will include traffic lights.
I feel his words are Mclarens words. Im not stupid, i know teams do tend to tell the driver what to say in an interview, buts its almost asif he has never said what he likes, its all fake to keep the media going. I guess thats ok, but hes not doing to well IMO.
In my opinion, Hamilton knows he cocked it up, but couldn't admit fault because of either team management pressure and/or the threat of steward's investigation.

Yes, he can be quite arrogant and it looks like that's his personality. But to become a champion, you need to have that streak even if it's just a little bit. I think the last "humble" F1 champion was Graham Hill!

Having said all that... what a season this is turning out to be! Quite a break from the bore-fest of the Schumacher era.
Quote from samjh :Having said all that... what a season this is turning out to be! Quite a break from the bore-fest of the Schumacher era.

True in a way - the permanent brain damage caused by that era has left us thinking that real racing action is about screw-ups and gossip.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I wasn't talking about the racist abuse at the Barcelona test, I was talking about how hostile the Spanish press are towards him, or at least how they were last year.

Even though it could go into a finger-pointing war, I still think it wasn't racism but for a couple of idiots - the rest were having fun as it was carnival, and thought it would be fitting to mix party with F1, which obviously ended up with such a big mess.

Saying that, extreme competition makes press go 'hostile' against anyone who 'threatens' the local 'hero', the same way it might have happened to 'Long-so' from UK's press, judging from comments coming from people who only believes in the media, and never saw actual interviews - which are the ones that hold the truth about who is who.

Quote from thisnameistaken : It does seem like both Ferrari and McLaren are the least-professional teams this year, it's weird. Hopefully a good opportunity for Kubica to mug them.

I wouldn't put the teams on it, but the drivers. Both teams have superb cars, seemingly easy to drive, great traction, good max speed, robust engines and quite good tactics. It's just as if the pilots would think 'we're the best, so why bother fighting so hard? Let's take it easier', or would have their mood flowing like a sinus. So, I would say (and I imagine it was your point too) that those team's drivers are acting unprofessional/being lazy, and that anyone with the right attitude (and car) could take the crowd over them - just like Kubica and BMW are proving, since he is 1st and the team is just 4 points behind current leader -.

However, if those two (teams) manage to wake up, it might get 'boring' for people who likes F1 and not only one of the winning teams - Interview from one of Ferrari fans last year Shoe-maker won a title ; Q: Why are you a Ferrari fan? A: Because they always win!.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG