The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :Are you using Y20 or Y19? The repeated error messages were reported in Y19 and fixed in Y20.

yes, im using Y19, will download Y20 now, thanks for that scawen
Sorry if this isn't a bug, but done deliberately. I notice now in Y20 the text box colour picker will not stay up unless you HOLD CTRL down.

I previous versions you only needed to click the extended set to down and the colour picker stayed onscreen.

Yes I know you can press CTRL+Numbers to activate colour code, but when it sticks there it's more useful when chatting. I just don't know if the change was meant to be deliberate so I am reporting it as a bug.

Thanks
Attached images
textbox.JPG
Hi JasonJ, If I see your screenshot, I can see some space by the letters... Some Letters are away since the new Patch. Like the Fuel Symbol. Will they come back? Ive got the same problem.

Greetz

Xcite | Fireball
Quote from Scawen :About < and > ... as Shotglass says, they are the same keys as "less force" and "more force". On my keyboard "<" and ">" are the same as COMMA (,) and FULL STOP (.)

Speaking of that, I think I found a bug. When you start a single player race (just driving around in SP mode) and then hit 1 to save and view the replay, the < and > (respectively , and .) buttons will work as single step keys in pause mode AND as FF strength modifiers at the same time.
-
(Dmt) DELETED by Dmt
Quote from Dmt :I think I found bug..

When you select track with some layout, you enter the game, you start from the pits, not there where you should start...
when you press shift+r, then it puts you in that right start place..

Are you sure you didn't have a qualifying on?
Or practice mode...
The bug mentioned by Andorid was solved in Y20. What version has you installed?
Y20
(Also the only thing regarding these keys that was "fixed" was a documentation update)
I confirm the bug, it already existed in Y19 but did not ring a bell for me due to mouse driving...
I thought it was solved, I was wrong, sorry if I could confuse someone.
Found a litlle thing:

- When watching a replay (at least mpr) you can't use shift+W to restore sound (I have to do this when I change from speakers to USB headphones and just realized that it doesn't work in replay mode). You have to go to any other mode (multiplayer, single player or hotlapping) to do it.
--EDIT: Disregard please, not a bug--
I think I found a small bug, but I'm not sure. In an online race when I switch to an other car the view is not the same as mine. See screenshots(the second picture shows my car).
Attached images
lfs_00000967.jpg
lfs_00000968.jpg
isnt that because the switched driver is female ?
maybe because they're of different heights and as such their driving positions are slightly different.
Attached images
fem_male_driving_position.jpg
I think that has something to do with the way he set up his view. It's best to use the 'custom' mode somehow. By changing things at the 'in-car' panel it seems to only work for your car somehow, or custom and incar view are not reported correctly and we are actually looking at an 'in-car' and a 'custom' mode screenshot.

I guess your own car has an adjusted 'in-car' view, with wider FOV etc. while the Female driver just uses the default 'in-car' configuration at the same fov as you use but with natural 'eye' positioning of the viewpoint.
It also seems the view from your car has it's seat positioned forward (Z axis).
It simply can't be 0 while at FOV 125. The steering wheel should be miles away as seen in the other picture!

I do not beleave female and male drivers are positioned differently, although their model may differ in height, everything else stays just the same.

Also i do not think this has anything to do with this testpatch, because i've seen and experienced it myself a while ago.

/edit

And on the AA/AF note, i read something about grainy or noisy road texture. Make sure you have all MIP-bias settings put back to 0. Negative MIP values are not recommanded as they create distortions like moire-effects. It basically has to do with the amount of filtering applied to a texture over distance. At 0 this is well-belanced, but at negative values a texture in the distance is not 'blurred' enough to merge all pixels together to form a uniform surface. This will result in a very grainy roadsurface. But it's not only the road if you watch carefully.

Some ppl may prefer negative MIP though, some video drivers force a 0 MIP filter so there can't be any visual difference noticed.
I can't understand why you ever would want negative values tough, maybe on very old videocards which tend to lose sharpness over distence very quickly because of lack of Triliniair or Anisotropic Filtering. In that case a negative MIP could make things a bit cripser looking. Still not my taste though and it's a fact that it's not an ideal way of rendering, so it should be 0 by default.
Quote from yamakawa :If it's solved bug, I'm sorry. and It insn't a topic of Replay Controls.
When strong G-force acts on the car, I think that the inertia of the name on the car is too strong?
Sorry for my bad anglish. Plz look at the blue line of this video.

Anyway,great update.

Thanks, a great bug description from you once again.

Not many people make a musical video to describe a bug... I like it! :up:
Quote from JasonJ :Sorry if this isn't a bug, but done deliberately. I notice now in Y20 the text box colour picker will not stay up unless you HOLD CTRL down.

I previous versions you only needed to click the extended set to down and the colour picker stayed onscreen.

Yes I know you can press CTRL+Numbers to activate colour code, but when it sticks there it's more useful when chatting. I just don't know if the change was meant to be deliberate so I am reporting it as a bug.

Thanks

Just confirming that this was done deliberately, so it won't be changed in the next test patch. In some input languages there is extra information displayed there and I preferred to make it consistent and keep the code simpler by not showing the colours unless CTRL is held down.
Yep sure, thanks for reply. It's not a problem.
Now you don't need to hold Ctrl to get the language chooser to appear so it's better in that respect to.

Oh, and +1 to more music bugs.
Scawen, can you tell me (us) if there will be improved GTR interiours in patch Z? I know you said that but I want to be sure... I want to look forward to something
Look forwared to all the things still yet to come that we dont know about!
Pardon me, but is there a way to increase font size? Currently it is very small and since I prefer to sit back, my eyes get tired rather quickly.
Quote from motary :Pardon me, but is there a way to increase font size? Currently it is very small and since I prefer to sit back, my eyes get tired rather quickly.

Options -> Display -> Message text size ?
Maybe he meant all the texts not only the messages
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y19 (and Y20) Replay Controls
(417 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG