The online racing simulator
Quote from CobraDrifter :Since Y19,sometimes my pit background dissapear and goes all black.Happened to me 3 times and one of my friend had it happening 1 time.

Quote from Luke.S :I had that once was on multiplayer then pitted and it was black. I only pressed shift+p i quit the pits went back in and it was fine again.

Quote from aroX123 :did you see ONLY Black, or did you see some other stuff?

I still can't reproduce this and can't see how it could happen as described.

I was able to reproduce something similar - if you go into the car selection screen then exit by pressing a key (e.g. X / ENTER / ESCAPE) inastead of clicking a button then you get a black background in the setup screen... and ALL screens, until you enter the car selection screen again and exit by clicking a button.

That's fixed now in my version but that doesn't sound like the way you described it.
Quote from Jonas8431 :ok that works, but if i want a qualify for 30 munutes, the ais dont realod tank, they always start with 5(porcent), then they go to boxes and turn off engines.

5% fuel is enough for the AI to run several laps in most any track/car combo. Because they are not human they don't make mistakes or progressively get faster, so there's no reason for them to qualify for hours on end.

I'm not sure I even understand the desire to have them run for longer. Don't you want a clear track for qualification? I think it would be nice if the AI staggered themselves a bit more so that they aren't all on the track at once, but I certainly don't see any reason someone would want them out there for more laps than is necessary.
Quote from Cue-Ball :
Don't you want a clear track for qualification?.

qualifying alone????
no. do you seggest to remove qualify for ais¿¿¿
Found a bug but it's intermittent. Hit escape in a paused replay, choose "end race" and LFS sometimes freezes/locks.
Quote from SamH :Found a bug but it's intermittent. Hit escape in a paused replay, choose "end race" and LFS sometimes freezes/locks.

I tried that in the debugger and amazingly got it first time. Or at least one version of it.

The reason in this case was because a guest was connecting so it wouldn't let me leave the race. And being paused that meant I could never leave. The fix is of course to allow that if it's a replay.

If this is the bug you found, then you would have still been looking at LFS with the "paused" button flashing, and a yellow "leave" button in the escape menu.
Quote from Scawen :If this is the bug you found, then you would have still been looking at LFS with the "paused" button flashing, and a yellow "leave" button in the escape menu.

Very nearly the same, yep! In each of the cases I've been able to invoke the freeze, a new guest is connecting in the replay.

The menu isn't quite as you describe, but that sounds like the difference between a live race and a replay ("end race" instead of "leave"). Otherwise I think we're both looking at the same bug

[edit] Actually, apart from the yellow "end race" button, bottom left, in mine the other clickable menu buttons have disappeared. Top left it still says "Replay Menu (loaded)".
TEST Patch Y20
Here is an update with a lot of fixes!

It's only an exe.

TEST PATCH Y19 MUST ALREADY BE INSTALLED!

Changes in Y20 :

Increased maximum number of car shadows from 8 to 16
MPR fast forwarding is now approximately five times quicker
Added output frequency and slip fraction to the RAF file output
Documentation references to '<' / '>' keys changed to ',' / '.'
Replay controls appear when mouse is over them or start of replay
Connections / race positions / pedals are visible beside controls
Auto mode switching so F9 to F12 / N / SHIFT+L work even if hidden
FIX : ALT+F4 did not exit LFS from a training lesson
FIX : Command /entry did not work while watching a replay
FIX : Slider action is now cancelled on pressing ESC, T, etc.
FIX : Replay controls appeared for a moment at start of intro
FIX : Replay controls were shown during training lesson replay
FIX : Replay OOS error now breaks out of fast forwarding state
FIX : Mirror position correction was missed in load of most cars
FIX : Escape from car select screen resulted in black backgrounds
FIX : Replay destination was wrong in MPR of already started race
FIX : Could get stuck leaving a paused MPR while guest connecting
FIX : Disabled various text commands from training (including /ai)
FIX : Paused indicator is now shown when paused at start of replay
FIX : Sky / sea / default ground was black with wide screen effect
FIX : SHIFT+U visible objects list is now updated after forwarding
FIX : Ban statistic was sent when attempting to ban a host by /ban
FIX : Error message spamming when moving a default setup slider bar
FIX : Mouse look deactivated if mouse available (even if invisible)

DOWNLOAD :

PATCH Y20 (Patch Y19 must already be installed) :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs. ... =LFS_PATCH_Y19_TO_Y20.zip (1 MB)

DEDICATED HOST (for hosting only) :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_DEDI_Y20.zip (1.5 MB)
#233 - Dru
45 minutes on an enduro replay with 30 cars FFWD in just 5 seconds that is great stuff
I have a problem, a lot may have, when Shift U, if you try to accelerate the speed (Meters per second) the time line of the replay appears, making it difficult.
Guys, release Z ^^
One really small thing . Why is the g-force panel on F9 and F10 using a different font than the rest of the interface? IMHO it should be consistent with the other info panels. It's a bit colourful for my taste.
Quote from chanoman315 :I have a problem, a lot may have, when Shift U, if you try to accelerate the speed (Meters per second) the time line of the replay appears, making it difficult.

I think that is a Y19 issue that is fixed in Y20.
Bug:
1) play MPR replay
2) pause it in any position
3) press SHIFT+U and set Follow car to Yes
4) move the replay slider to any position after the position it is, so move it to the right
Result: some textures will not show

When you move to the left instead to the right, it is OK.
When you don't pause the game (you don't do 2)), it is OK.
It seems to not happen in SPR.
Quote from Flame CZE :Bug:

When you report a bug, please can you tell me if it is in Y19 or Y20.

Because that bug was reported in Y19 and I've fixed it in Y20.... so I need to know if my fix failed.
In Patch Y20
IN Y 20
at me it shows an error.

Error: Could not load fond

Can anybody help me?
Quote from Heiko1 :at me it shows an error.

Error: Could not load fond

Can anybody help me?

Did you install Y19 first? You must or there is no chance.

Or are you using Vista? In which case you must run LFS as an adminsistrator.

Quote from eindh :One really small thing . Why is the g-force panel on F9 and F10 using a different font than the rest of the interface? IMHO it should be consistent with the other info panels. It's a bit colourful for my taste.

The reason for this is so that it doesn't jiggle around (with the standard font, every time a 1 appears, the text moves left or right). The 5x7 font (which was created for the LCD / LED dashboards) was the easiest way to do it. I think it could be done with 7-segment digital numbers as well but I'm not sure that would be any more consistent.

EDIT : Ah no, I remember now, if the digital font was used and the solid up arrow, down arrow and circle, then it would still jiggle, because the arrows and circle have different widths. The 5x7 font is the only way to guarantee no jiggling because all characters have exactly the same width.
Quote from Scawen :When you report a bug, please can you tell me if it is in Y19 or Y20.

Because that bug was reported in Y19 and I've fixed it in Y20.... so I need to know if my fix failed.

sorry Scawen...

it was in Y20
Im admin and dont use Vista

I hate Vista ^^

mh but it was at Y8 at me to but then i loadet the next patch then it was fixed. mh
Quote from Scawen :Increased maximum number of car shadows from 8 to 16

WOOT! FINALLY!
Great update.

I notice in Y20: When you click a place on the timeline, the replay winds further forward than where you clicked and then moves back to where you initially clicked.

For example, in the attachment, the grey bar is where I clicked, but the replay winds forward to where the yellow bar is, then instantly goes back to where I clicked first.
Attached images
replayerror.jpg
Yes it would be good to have an option to set number of shadows
No, because of the way the shadows fit onto a shadow texture, 4 by 4, that cannot be done without significant changes and there is no time for that before Patch Z.

It does not compare with the other priority tasks I still have to do.
good stuff
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Great update.

I notice in Y20: When you click a place on the timeline, the replay winds further forward than where you clicked and then moves back to where you initially clicked.

For example, in the attachment, the grey bar is where I clicked, but the replay winds forward to where the yellow bar is, then instantly goes back to where I clicked first.

That is because the bar resizes itself to full screen width while it moves and then shrinks to fit the list of racers on the right hand side when it has finished. When you have the tyre view at the bottom, this doesn't happen as the tyre view is always hidden while the replay bar is loaded.

BTW, I love the replay bar sooooo much. The most useful tool when reviewing OLFSL pool races!

However, I have noticed a strangety, which may be due to lag/internet and not a bug. I have not noticed this before but I am just reviewing a league race and wanted a way to define an exact point in a race (and I mean exact!). I was just playing with the new Y20 speedy fast forward when I noticed that the lap time (shown to the racer while driving) and the replay time (shown at the bottom right next to the replay bar) get out of sync very easily.

For example, a replay starts and the lights go green at exactly 19 seconds into the replay. From this point up until split 1, the lap time and the replay time stay perfectly in sync, seperated by exactly 19 seconds.

Then when the first car crosses split 1, its lap time skips back a few hundredths of a second. All the other cars (until they cross split 1) stay in sync with the replay time.

After all cars have crossed split 1 on lap 1, they are all at different times even though they are at the same actual point in time! I would have expected them to skip backward on the track too, but they don't. So it is like they are not in the same time dimension - they are in the same place they were, but a few seconds in the future - I think!! I need to lay down!

Anyway, so I have paused the replay on lap 1, 1 minute and 19 seconds into the replay time and the lap times of each of the cars are:

Pos Lap Time shown
1 59:63
2 59:97
3 59:67
4 59:80
5 59:55
6 59:52
7 59:55
8 59:69
9 59:96
10 59:96
11 59:46
12 59:55
13 59:81
14 59:60
NOTE: this isn't their split time, this is the "time into the current lap" which if I am not mistaken should be the same because they all started the race at the same time, ie when the lights went green!

Sorry for wasting your time if this is lag or due to the internet and the timing of packets over the internet and can't be helped - but I thought I would bring it up as I had just found it and found it wierd (and not very helpful for what I was trying to do!)

Thanks
Tim

ps did I mention, thanks for the replay controls!
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y19 (and Y20) Replay Controls
(417 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG