The online racing simulator
I've got the black sky in widescreen too. Would it help to mention that I was already seeing some other less noticeable areas (eg. the water at Fern Bay) going black in widescreen before this patch?
Yay, what great new features!

By the way, it's the first time I'm trying a test patch , just couldn't wait for these new features any much longer
Quote from Scawen :
I know what you mean but it would be hard. Those key frames would be images of the entire LFS state - the multiplayer system, the race system, physics system. Like "game saves". It's something I'd like to do at some time because it would also enable single player replays to be trimmed. Well, it's not really hard but would take a few days that I don't really have at the moment. The structures that would need to be saved (e.g. a car) contain so many variables and I'd have to look at each one to see if it should go in a game save. LFS just hasn't been designed with this in mind up to now.

EDIT : Although, for MPRs an easier thing could in fact be done, than a perfect game state save suitable for an SPR, using something like an MPR header. In short I imagine that will be done at some point but not in Patch Z.

EDIT 2 : You have got me thinking... anyway, it's on my notes now but I don't know when it will be done as I do have quite a lot of urgent things to do.

Today i went to CLC to get a rather longer replay to mainly check the performance and stuff and i have noticed one thing: When watching shorter replays the yellow bar that indicates the position of where the game is supposed to FF is working as it should be. You click somewhere and it jumps to that exact point. But when i tried the about three hours long replay the yellow bar always just went to the end (or close to it) of the timeline and the FF speed was very slow. It wouldn't stop until i press esc. Dont know if you're already aware of this issue but i just wanted to mention it, just in case.

Regarding the performance, is there any update to be expected or is this related to the content from the quote above?

Stupid me i deleted to replay again but i guess in case for a reproducing it wouldn't be a problem to get a replay with a simular length soon.
another great feature!

and I love the new menu screen
Loverly work Mr. Roberts Great to be able to rewind replays to watch at different angles. <3
Can you please fix the FOX back to what it used to be in X. Patch Y took the life out of it. Presumably to use to be the base of the FMB build. Now you've got the FBM, there's no reason to put the excitement back into the fox. It feels dead now. To prove that, you only have to compare driving it in patch Y, then drive it in patch x. They are radically different. Then it might start getting used again like it used to be. No one runs fox servers anymore, especially on aston club, which in redline racing 2 was always full.
Heh, when I saw you had posted I knew you'd be moaning about the FOX

My teammates seem to still enjoy it, I don't see why you can't...
Didn't know if I should post this here, but it's a problem in Y19 too so.. I'm gonna bring it up here. During a race, if you pull up the F12 menu and request some setup changes (like more negative camber in the pitstop - because you might have 1 of the suspension arms damaged and the middle layer of the tire is heating up the most) - as soon as you stop it fixes all the damage (even though the damage repair is set to NO!). Please fix this as BF1 races are almost impossible with losses of up to 20 seconds on fixing damage (and damage is picked up even on the straights, and obviously on realistic curbs).

So, if the damage repair is set to NO and we request some setup changes like pressure or camber, even wings - make it not fix everything and then do the setup adjustments. Please.
Quote from PaulH :I don't know if this was server specific (usually theres a button) and no one on the server LTC is using Y19 apparently. Also excuse me if my technical mumbo jumbo is incorrect.
On joining the server it displays a InSim? welcome message, with rules etc and normally (pre Y19) a button to click OK which then removes the message.
I joined and found that, 1 there was no button displayed, and 2 I had no mouse cursor while the message is displayed. Clicking ESC to bring up the menu (it gave me mouse back) I could click Join and join fine but the message would remain on the screen with no way to remove it.

I need someone to confirm/help because I don't know what I'm talking about.

I tried rejoining the LTC server a few times but it doesn't display the welcome message anymore...

* I'm finding it hard to find a server which displays a message on load - CLC has one but I have mouse and can click the button (im sure CTRA had one but it doesn't show a message so can't test )*

*I'm thinking someone is toying with me, but that could just be my paranoia*

Has anyone else experienced problems with host InSim buttons? I watched someone joining a CTRA host and saw some buttons that seemed to work ok. In theory nothing has changed unless it's a replay. Maybe the mouse pointer can appear when moved and disappear when it doesn't move though...? I don't know if that affects anything (it should not).

Quote from Hyperactive :Request: buttons for adjusting replay speed (0.5x, 0.25x, 0.125x and 2x, 4x etc.). Just the normal << and >> buttons will do.

Just in case anyone doesn't know, F2 and F3 do slow down and speed up time (you don't need to press SHIFT).

Quote from 510N3D :Today i went to CLC to get a rather longer replay to mainly check the performance and stuff and i have noticed one thing: When watching shorter replays the yellow bar that indicates the position of where the game is supposed to FF is working as it should be. You click somewhere and it jumps to that exact point. But when i tried the about three hours long replay the yellow bar always just went to the end (or close to it) of the timeline and the FF speed was very slow. It wouldn't stop until i press esc. Dont know if you're already aware of this issue but i just wanted to mention it, just in case.

Regarding the performance, is there any update to be expected or is this related to the content from the quote above?

Stupid me i deleted to replay again but i guess in case for a reproducing it wouldn't be a problem to get a replay with a simular length soon.

If you (or anyone) could post a long replay that shows this bug, that would be helpful. If I can reproduce this in my debug version then it sounds like something that would be easy to fix.

Quote from scipy :Didn't know if I should post this here, but it's a problem in Y19 too so.. I'm gonna bring it up here. During a race, if you pull up the F12 menu and request some setup changes (like more negative camber in the pitstop - because you might have 1 of the suspension arms damaged and the middle layer of the tire is heating up the most) - as soon as you stop it fixes all the damage (even though the damage repair is set to NO!). Please fix this as BF1 races are almost impossible with losses of up to 20 seconds on fixing damage (and damage is picked up even on the straights, and obviously on realistic curbs).

So, if the damage repair is set to NO and we request some setup changes like pressure or camber, even wings - make it not fix everything and then do the setup adjustments. Please.

I understand the issue but it's not an easy enough change to be done for Patch Z. Apart from the reported bugs, I have some other urgent and important things to be done and tested before Z.

The way the cars set themselves up in LFS at the moment, relies on the car being in perfect condition. This is not logical in a real world sense but it's a limitation of the way it's programmed at the moment. I do expect that can be fixed in the future. I would expect that to be done around the time when wings could break off instead of bending, and lose aero, etc... general damage system improvements.
k, patience then. tnx for the speedy reply.
Strange.
Is it there something changed with graphics in Y19? Looks like Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering didn't works properly. AA enabled on X6, AF enabled on X16, but i see no effect in texture smoothing.

I don't think that it is a just strange feeling, but it is a bug.
BUG or anoying little thing!!!

Results after a race, can we PLEASE have the laps down the same weather its 1 or more laps that someone finished behind?

As it is now, IF someone finishes 1 lap behind they are registered as -1 lap, but if someone finishes 2 or more laps behind it is listed as +2 laps or +3 laps...

Can this please be changed to EITHER - laps OR + laps

The menus look just yummi, and for the multiplayer replay thingy, COOL, but have to say FINALLY ...

Regards
Franke... Click
Quote :Strange.
Is it there something changed with graphics in Y19? Looks like Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering didn't works properly. AA enabled on X6, AF enabled on X16, but i see no effect in texture smoothing.

I don't think that it is a just strange feeling, but it is a bug.

I didn't tamber with any settings, and the 'strangeness' I experienced was like the asphalt seemed alive-ish, like filled with bugs ( ants, not software bug ) - like millions crawling. Anyway to get rid of that ?
this little thing turned into a major problem for me lol
Quote from Scawen :If you (or anyone) could post a long replay that shows this bug, that would be helpful. If I can reproduce this in my debug version then it sounds like something that would be easy to fix.

ok i just checked an one hour long replay and it worked as it should. Guess im going to have another cruise session later on or tomorrow and see if its reproducible.
Quote from 510N3D :ok i just checked an one hour long replay and it worked as it should. Guess im going to have another cruise session later on or tomorrow and see if its reproducible.

I'll take a look at the 4hr replay from the last IGTC race. Just a sec...
Quote from Astro [ BJRL ] :I didn't tamber with any settings, and the 'strangeness' I experienced was like the asphalt seemed alive-ish, like filled with bugs ( ants, not software bug ) - like millions crawling. Anyway to get rid of that ?

I remember it correctly. In patch Y18 it was ok.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'll take a look at the 4hr replay from the last IGTC race. Just a sec...

I'm not seeing the issue with this 4hr replay. It goes at the usual speed (merrily crunching the CPU performance) and stops FFWDing properly when I hit ESC.
yeah cheers DWB, just two hours remaining and then ill find out . Too bad the server was more packed then it is right now. Could be a missing factor or something. I dont know. Will report back then.

How many drivers where in that 4hrs race actually?
Big Up For Replay Controlls!!!
I think this is a bug: in the Options menus, the option to choose between Auto and Manual gears appears in both the Driver section and the Controls section.
ok i just had another session and the same stuff happend again. I cant choose a specific spot on the line but instead the yellow bar is going to the very end or close to it. I also checked if the same thing happens with a rather short replay (at the same server) but that was not the case. Im curious if the same happens when other people watch this replay. (ignore the content, just focus on the error of course )

Oh and what i meant about that it wouldn't stop until i press ESC was that it would fast forward to the very end (where the yellow bar is) and not to the point where i have actually clicked to. I thought it might have been just a bug in the overlay (or whatever its called (sry)) and it would still stop there but thats not the case. At least as far as i have tested it. Also, i was wondering if an instant fast forward would be expectable at some point regardless the length of the replay which was why i have quoted you Scawen. That doesn't mean that im demanding something but im just curious (just in case there is a language barrier hidden somewhere ) meh..here's the replay:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d31ggpyywmq

Edit: After i have restarted LFS to see what happens then, the yellow bar is going to the very end again but now it is stopping where i have clicked to (or the yellow bar should be)...

The server is still on Y, maybe its just that?

Quote from Scawen :Just in case anyone doesn't know, F2 and F3 do slow down and speed up time (you don't need to press SHIFT).

Yeah, I know this. There are also the v command to change view and the tab to change the car you are looking at and both have their buttons in the replay gui.

I'm just suggesting that it would be nice (better) if there was gui buttons (prolly << and >>) for adjusting the replay speed in the replay menu.
Quote from 510N3D :yeah cheers DWB, just two hours remaining and then ill find out . Too bad the server was more packed then it is right now. Could be a missing factor or something. I dont know. Will report back then.

How many drivers where in that 4hrs race actually?

31 cars (~70 drivers)
Quote from 510N3D :ok i just had another session and the same stuff happend again. I cant choose a specific spot on the line but instead the yellow bar is going to the very end or close to it. I also checked if the same thing happens with a rather short replay (at the same server) but that was not the case. Im curious if the same happens when other people watch this replay. (ignore the content, just focus on the error of course )

Oh and what i meant about that it wouldn't stop until i press ESC was that it would fast forward to the very end (where the yellow bar is) and not to the point where i have actually clicked to. I thought it might have been just a bug in the overlay (or whatever its called (sry)) and it would still stop there but thats not the case. At least as far as i have tested it. Also, i was wondering if an instant fast forward would be expectable at some point regardless the length of the replay which was why i have quoted you Scawen. That doesn't mean that im demanding something but im just curious (just in case there is a language barrier hidden somewhere ) meh..here's the replay:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d31ggpyywmq

Edit: After i have restarted LFS to see what happens then, the yellow bar is going to the very end again but now it is stopping where i have clicked to (or the yellow bar should be)...

The server is still on Y, maybe its just that?

I tried it with this replay, and experienced exactly what you described in your edit. Yellow bar goes all the way to the end, but the FFWD stops at the chosen spot anyway, ESC works.

Hmm...
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y19 (and Y20) Replay Controls
(417 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG