The online racing simulator
Quote from 077louis :hi
i have not had my parsword for the sever
and wot was the worst lap tim in the qualification??

Sent the password to you via private message.

Worst time is around 1:17. However, only 9 have done pre-qualification. Who knows what time you require to qualify for the race?
Quote from Booschie :...
BTW is there a good way to avoid cramps over such a long distance? I'm driving with mouse

my keyboard mouse settings:
A - throttle
S - shift up
X - shift down
C - clutch
space - handbrake
Q - look left
W - look behind
E - look right
... (i think standard)
left mouse - horn
right mouse - brake
mouse4 & mouse5 - F9 & F10
wheel down - light flash
wheel up - speed limiter

so my finger on A suffer, after 25 laps or so i have to change the finger on straightaway

PS.: why this funny settings? because of earlier RBR, it don't have mouse so me & my friend managed to set throttle away from the unusable arrow keys to shift keys
My brother plays LFS (Demo, he is too mingy to buy a license. Every time we see, he begs for me to unlock his LFS. Let him suffer. ) and he uses mouse. Y-axis as steer and X-axis as throttle/brake. He is used to this method, because he plays Racer.

You can do this by using "Joystic/wheel", and set axis to throttle and brake. He opens up connection list, so he can see the cursor (He says that it helps alot when you see it, because then he knows how much throttle/brake he has, and also helps in the steering).
Quote from Gekkibi :My brother plays LFS (Demo, he is too mingy to buy a license. Every time we see, he begs for me to unlock his LFS. Let him suffer. ) and he uses mouse. Y-axis as steer and X-axis as throttle/brake. He is used to this method, because he plays Racer.

You can do this by using "Joystic/wheel", and set axis to throttle and brake. He opens up connection list, so he can see the cursor (He says that it helps alot when you see it, because then he knows how much throttle/brake he has, and also helps in the steering).

yeah i tried that but i didn't see the mouse so it was very hard, the connections trick is probably good, but im some kind of used to use gas and brake together, like braking while downshifting with gas, stabilizing the car with gas when i'm on brakes, when drifting, rallying :rally_dri steping on brake and gas together or left foot braking, hope that's all my crazy stuff with pedals (excluding clutch, but that is unusable on FBM :heyjoe67_)
Thanks for the replies, I'll check out your suggestions.

Quote from JackCY :...but im some kind of used to use gas and brake together...

Good point

However, I was hoping to get some info on how not to get a cramp in the hand that operates the mouse, which would have something to do with hand position, grip type, leaning point (none, wrist, the whole forearm resting) etc so that the grip can be as relaxed as it can be. Maybe just a decent ion diet and/or quick relaxing exercises while on the long straight (and if so, what exercises)? Or maybe a 'Heal hand injuries' pit option?
Also remember to use R1's or your qualy set in qualy and race with your race setup what lasts long.
Quote from Gekkibi :......Formula BMW on Blacklake GP. The point is to get demo-users to race "seriously" ......

Blacklake! ahh i remmeber that track! ohh wait where did i see that?

Blackwood. lol
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :Blacklake! ahh i remmeber that track! ohh wait where did i see that?

Blackwood. lol

another thing that my brain just replace when reading
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :Blacklake! ahh i remmeber that track! ohh wait where did i see that?

Blackwood. lol

Thanks for pointing that out. Once more a tiny typo.
I typo that alot. It is because Blackwood is BL.
will be there any official practicing of start and first lap? like 10 times again and again? because lot of people just crash in the first corner after start trying to get better possition or get someone out of the race

i think it could be good for someone to practice that, make random position every start
Quote from JackCY :will be there any official practicing of start and first lap? like 10 times again and again? because lot of people just crash in the first corner after start trying to get better possition or get someone out of the race

i think it could be good for someone to practice that, make random position every start

Good idea. We shall practice that after the pre-qualifications!

LFS experience (For how long have you played): From the very beginning,

Other simulator experience (Optional): Gran Turismo, Trackmania, slrr, forza, enthusia, tdu

Racing experience (Reall life, optional): region champ 2006 in go kart, 2 years of rally ,125 cross, 125 road racing

What would you do if you win a S2-license: make a burnout in my ford sierra in front of the police station
Welcome aboard. Glad more scandinavians joins the competition.

If you win, make sure you record the burnout and put it into youtube.

I will send the server password to you via private message.
I checked my dedicated server computer to check if anyone is online. Nope, not currently. However, found something interesting in the "backbuffer", and then I opened deb.log and started to read what that was all about.

I am not happy that some of the competitors are using cracked LFS. And I bet developers aren't happy about that either.

To those who feels something heavy in their conscience:
No, I am not kicking you out from this competition, but I am little bit (Read: Much) disappointed. Please delete your cracked LFS and keep using the demo-version. If you respect LFS developers (Because they have made alot of work so we can simulate racing conditions in our livingroom), you will not use any cracks. Sure, the content of S2 is alot more than in demo, and that's the way it should be. After you have "supported the cause" by buying a license (Or winning it), then you can freely enjoy the full potential of LFS. Would you steal candy from the grocery-store? No. And thus, you shouldn't steal LFS license. I will keep your identity hidden if you promise (To yourself) that you will not use something you don't own.
Quote from eowl :What would you do if you win a S2-license: make a burnout in my ford sierra in front of the police station

Video it and im sure someone will buy you a license!
the server is not working
Quote from BOSCHO :the server is not working

I was able to connect to it. Try again.
Quote from BOSCHO :http://lfsbg.net/upload/notworking.jpg

Others have been able to join it.
Maybe the problem is that you are using wrong name. When I sent the PM to everyone, I said that the server name would be "S2 Voucher Competition - Practi". I changed to "S2 Voucher Competition - Prac" after I made a typo in config-file.
now its working i has trying with the old one that was my mistake
Quote from BOSCHO :now its working i has trying with the old one that was my mistake

Terrible sorry about that. I realized that I didn't PM'ed the new name. I only edited into the first post.
#147 - xt
Marius
Lithuania
since 2002 december
i like fast driving, go-kart racing.
if i win a S2-license i will race that kart.
For some reason I botched the dates of pre-qualifications. 6th of may? It is not sunday! Neither is 13th of may. Also, for some reason there weren't pre-qualification on 18th of may (So you "got" extra P-Q). Edited the first post, so they are right now.

(The P-Q's are 20.4, 27.4, 4.5, 11.5 and 18.5)
2nd pre-qualification has ended. Edited the first post so you can see your rankings there.
#150 - xt
That was harder than usual

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG