The online racing simulator
Immaturity in S2
(126 posts, started )
Maybe the OP should stop letting the immature in
I've definitely noticed this too - whereever you go you get an immature racer who decides ramming is a good idea, swearing, the works - it really does get annoying!!
+1 for server option that only players over x years can join (It looks it from LFSW). Only problem is that anyone can put anything there to his age, so it requires some changing to LFSW. For example, how often your birthday changes (You should only define it once).
Life is a good example of what "age"
means.Age is just how many jears have passed since you were born,nothing more.Is right that maybe some younger(and stupid) chaps may join and ruin the game,but we cant deny the access just because they're young...maybe Scawen should develop something to keep track of driver's behaviour in multyplayer and so showing his...well..."maturity" keeping in mind that it is just a problem of newcomers,because i really dont think experienced players feel the need to screw a race up.Strange argument i know,hope you have understood
Quote from IlGuercio :Life is a good example of what "age"
means.Age is just how many jears have passed since you were born,nothing more.Is right that maybe some younger(and stupid) chaps may join and ruin the game,but we cant deny the access just because they're young...maybe Scawen should develop something to keep track of driver's behaviour in multyplayer and so showing his...well..."maturity" keeping in mind that it is just a problem of newcomers,because i really dont think experienced players feel the need to screw a race up.Strange argument i know,hope you have understood

+1
+1 if it is a server option (Because if the server is banger/bump&jump server, it would mean that users that races on these kind of servers can't race on normal servers).
Quote from Gekkibi :+1 for server option that only players over x years can join (It looks it from LFSW). Only problem is that anyone can put anything there to his age, so it requires some changing to LFSW. For example, how often your birthday changes (You should only define it once).

You only want people over 14 on your server? Say goodbye to people like Lible.

You only want people over 16? Say goodbye to people like me, Vendetta, Dustin, etc?

Say over 50's only? You'll still get Physcho's who are "mature" enough to make slanderous videos depicting female community members with a penis to a dubbed song.

Age != Maturity
Quote from Jakg :Age != Maturity

Agreed. Maybe I wrote that post without thinking. I have 39 degrees fever.
Quote from Gekkibi :Agreed. Maybe I wrote that post without thinking. I have 39 degrees fever.

Face it...lfs has been widely available to everyone who has some spare money and a pc.Its unevitable that as soon as the game begins to become "popular" it gets filled with stupid idiots...that's part of its success,we cant do much about it...
On the other hand preventing those babies from playing isnt very correct.But if it ever has to be considered a manner to stop such childish behaviours,i'll suggest a sort of "fairness score",in which your fairness is reflected in a sort of way
Quote from Jakg :
Age != Maturity

True, maturity is not equated/equal to age.

However, younger generations have a higher proportion of immature members than older generations. People that may have been immature as a teen/early 20s sometimes/often become less immature or stop being immature completely as they get older. The opposite never happens, (well not until senility sets in anyway).

So age is proportional to maturity. Fact.
Quote from gezmoor :The opposite never happens, (well not until senility sets in anyway).

So age is proportional to maturity. Fact.

Not true. I had a friend who was semi-smart when he was a minor. But after he got his driving license and was allowed to go to clubs, he turned into total jerk! Smashed two cars when driving drunk, quit his school because he wanted to par-ty and so on.

I know lots of immature minors, but also some really mature ones.

But I don't like the idea that if you crash alot on servers, you are not allowed to play online. It would scrap totally:
- Banger servers
- Bump & Jump servers
- Cruising servers (Police maneuver called P.I.T or road-blocks)

Maybe it is a server option so either it "records" behavior (racing servers) or it doesn't "record" it (Banger, Bump & Jump, Cruising, etc)
Quote from Gekkibi :Not true. I had a friend who was semi-smart when he was a minor. But after he got his driving license and was allowed to go to clubs, he turned into total jerk! Smashed two cars when driving drunk, quit his school because he wanted to par-ty and so on.

Well I was thinking of age more in terms of being in your 30's and 40's rather than just barely out of teens....

Quote :

I know lots of immature minors, but also some really mature ones.

Which makes my point entirely, (ie lots Vs some).

Of course there are mature young people (by which I mean anyone under 25 and particularly under 18/20), when I was at school there were those that had no lives other than study and being exactly like their parents. Doesn't disprove the fact that most of us were going out/getting drunk/doing dumb things on a relatively regular basis.

Sure there are older people, (ie over 25-30) who still do those things but the simple fact is that the proportion that do is much lower.

Quote :
But I don't like the idea that if you crash alot on servers, you are not allowed to play online. It would scrap totally:
- Banger servers
- Bump & Jump servers
- Cruising servers (Police maneuver called P.I.T or road-blocks)

Maybe it is a server option so either it "records" behavior (racing servers) or it doesn't "record" it (Banger, Bump & Jump, Cruising, etc)

Well those servers could always be excluded. And of course you'd have to make allowances for those that are new to the car/track combination. But in S2 in particular there should come a point where you have to look after the majority of paying customers who want to log on and have good clean races with the minimum of spam/dross.

As I always say. If you want to chat, have the decency to go to spectatate or go use MSN.

Maybe a private messaging feature would be the answer. That way people could be spectating and chatting about stuff whilst watching the race with out actually distracting the racers.

Alternatively, as I don't actually see much point in the messages feature anyway, maybe it shouldn't be available when "on track" and should only be available to spectators and only spectators can see it. Leaves the screen free of spam when racing and will force people to spectate if they want to just chat rather than them sitting around holding up the next race.
Now I am going to off-topic, but speaking of chatting:
Would it be a good option to block sending messages, instead you are admin (And you can't block admin messages even you are blocking others)? Of course, as a server option.

As you can see, I prefer optional settings over "restricted ones". The "wheel on left/right" thingie for example: Racers would like to change it so you can select it only once per license, but wouldn't it be good compromise if the server has option to decide that which side the wheel is (Meaning, if the "race is located on England, use the wheel on left" (Well, it happens on the internet... ))?
Quote from Gekkibi :Now I am going to off-topic, but speaking of chatting:
Would it be a good option to block sending messages, instead you are admin (And you can't block admin messages even you are blocking others)? Of course, as a server option.

As you can see, I prefer optional settings over "restricted ones". The "wheel on left/right" thingie for example: Racers would like to change it so you can select it only once per license, but wouldn't it be good compromise if the server has option to decide that which side the wheel is (Meaning, if the "race is located on England, use the wheel on left" (Well, it happens on the internet... ))?

Chatting must be limited to a sorry or a smile,and nothing more,at least in race.I cant understand how can people race in 1st position and type an entire line of text without crashing into a wall.
Quote from IlGuercio :Chatting must be limited to a sorry or a smile,and nothing more,at least in race.I cant understand how can people race in 1st position and type an entire line of text without crashing into a wall.

I guess they can't... Unless they have macroed every possible sentence to function-keys.
Quote from Gekkibi :I guess they can't... Unless they have macroed every possible sentence to function-keys.

that's quite a work,im struggling sometimes to type a "sry" while driving.
too bad there isn't something like a maturity vote at the end of each race or whatever. That way if you act like a jerk in races other racers will just vote once to bring your maturity rating down by 1, (only 1 vote per race on each person) and Better racing servers or any server would only allow users with a certain maturity level and up to race in their servers. Think something like that in place would help?
Quote from thatguy :too bad there isn't something like a maturity vote at the end of each race or whatever. That way if you act like a jerk in races other racers will just vote once to bring your maturity rating down by 1, (only 1 vote per race on each person) and Better racing servers or any server would only allow users with a certain maturity level and up to race in their servers. Think something like that in place would help?

You have one minor bug in your system: What if the server is full of jerks and they vote +'s to all other jerks and -'s to the few mature ones..?
Quote from Gekkibi :You have one minor bug in your system: What if the server is full of jerks and they vote +'s to all other jerks and -'s to the few mature ones..?

Mature people don't hang out with jerks - however the opposite does happen, take my presence as an example.
Quote from xaotik :Mature people don't hang out with jerks - however the opposite does happen, take my presence as an example.

Well, that is not true always. Forget about CTRA and other popular racing servers. What will happen on smaller servers? And before you can get those (+)-votes so you can get to popular servers, you'll have to collect them in not-so-popular servers.

And jerks are everywhere. They are a legion.
I'm 13, but I dont see myself as immature...
To be honest, I dont think people should judge immature people and say 'Ohh they're obviously a 13 year old' or whatever, as there are 20, 30, 40 year olds that act immature.
Immaturity, yes, is more comman in kids but you have to remember that there are adults that are immature too.

And as said earlier in the thread, yeah, the community has grown, making it SEEM like theirs more immature people... but its just gone up in scale WITH the community.
Quote from NathanRx-7 :I'm 13, but I dont see myself as immature...
To be honest, I dont think people should judge immature people and say 'Ohh they're obviously a 13 year old' or whatever, as there are 20, 30, 40 year olds that act immature.
Immaturity, yes, is more comman in kids but you have to remember that there are adults that are immature too.

And as said earlier in the thread, yeah, the community has grown, making it SEEM like theirs more immature people... but its just gone up in scale WITH the community.

I totally agree, i'm 13 too.
If you haffto tell yourself that you're mature...

You're not.
I'm 14, But, I don't want to say I'm mature, or Immature. Ill be Neutral for now.

Immaturity in S2
(126 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG