The online racing simulator
Immaturity in S2
(126 posts, started )
It amazes me how some people can type so well at 150mph!
Quote from andyb1982 :It amazes me how some people can type so well at 150mph!

Same here. My keyboard is right in front of me underneath the wheel, but typing while driving is a suicide. I can barely push the right F-key
Quote from andyb1982 :It amazes me how some people can type so well at 150mph!

That's one of the things secretaries are for.
Hahaha! Brilliant!

"Mrs. Powell, this funkin' noob almost crashed me, then he didn't use the brakes and rear ended the guy in front of me... tell him to GTFO!"

*Mrs. Powell typing*
"OMG u nub, GTFO of this server!1ONE23!!!"

...i want one!
ha ha that made me laugh :-D
This same thing gave me an idea for voice2text program. What if you could speak what you want to send to chat? Would make that much more easier (And safer).
You say: I'm sorry I rear-ended you!
People read: Aim sorry an ear and you!
People say: What are you on about?
You say: It's my voice to text software.
People read: Itch my nose you sex nowhere.
Gotta agree with Rooble on this one.
Quote from xaotik :You say: I'm sorry I rear-ended you!
People read: Aim sorry an ear and you!
People say: What are you on about?
You say: It's my voice to text software.
People read: Itch my nose you sex nowhere.

Ya. There is that problem, I admit it.
It's not because of age, or the community is going down, or anything.

It's just the internet, anonymity gives people confidence, and overconfidence affects how a person communicates often. Even I am using such anonymity in order to gain confidence.

Especially in the online gaming world, this shows up, and sadly it is a part of gaming. Just press the hyphen button or tell them to please tone it down. Ignoring helps too, we need to be less cr!t!cal on the track.
Quote from AndroidXP :The bigger the playerbase, the higher the relative anonymity is, causing more players to behave like twats - a higher popularity in general also draws in lots of idiots and attention whores.

Couldn't agree more, 99% of the annoying people online are not forum posters or part of the LFS community. In fact a lot of them try and isolate themselves from the community just so they can behave immaturely.
Quote from ajp71 :Couldn't agree more, 99% of the annoying people online are not forum posters or part of the LFS community. In fact a lot of them try and isolate themselves from the community just so they can behave immaturely.

But still, there are people that does both, behaving badly in game and trolling/whoring on the forum.
Apologies for the spam bump, but......

Quote from jibber :Hahaha! Brilliant!

"Mrs. Powell, this funkin' noob almost crashed me, then he didn't use the brakes and rear ended the guy in front of me... tell him to GTFO!"

*Mrs. Powell typing*
"OMG u nub, GTFO of this server!1ONE23!!!"

...i want one!

Dude, thats the funniest post I've read here in 18 months

If I could figure out how, I'd put it in my signature
Quote from HVS5b :If I could figure out how, I'd put it in my signature

And that's the one other thing secretaries are for.
Quote from xaotik :And that's the one other thing secretaries are for.

If only they could squeeze six lines into four, I'd hire one
Quote from HVS5b :If only they could squeeze six lines into four, I'd hire one

Use smaller fonts?

DK
Quote from xaotik :And that's the one other thing secretaries are for.

OT: If you haven't seen it yet... watch the movie "Secretary"... it'll give you a whole new idea!

(be warned tho... it's a weird movie!!!)
Quote from eight8acht :I think a lot changed since i started to play LFS. A lot has changed in RL too i think its the new generation....

kids these days are getting into motorsport younger and younger these days, i think it depends on the entry level though, a lot are in karts racing around tracks which i think its great to see, they are there to race and have a good time. i think the issue is the others that arnt getting involved for the right reasons, its becoming less about the sport and more about the culture, not to say i dont like a lot of the culture surrounded by motorsports, but i think when it becomes more about the culture than the sport itself questions need to be asked.

i call it the fast and the furious generation, but its not just people that watch the movie, its just the general culture is portrays in the movies. it's appealing to the youth, it makes them want to get involved, hence getting involved for the wrong reasons. drift has been one that has been hard hit by this, but its seen throughout all motorsports.

basically what im trying to say is due to this increase in these sorts of people, i think this extra immaturity has been introduced to the game. it gets pretty annoying, but i cant really see anything changing it any time soon.
Quote from jibber :OT: If you haven't seen it yet... watch the movie "Secretary"... it'll give you a whole new idea!

(be warned tho... it's a weird movie!!!)

Quite so.
Attached images
secnotes.jpg
LMAO! Good one!
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Use smaller fonts?

DK

Thanks, but I tried reducing to font size 1, but still no luck.

Haven't tried sacrificing ther ctra banners yet tho.......

ps - Xaotik, pmsl
Quote from HVS5b :Thanks, but I tried reducing to font size 1, but still no luck.

Haven't tried sacrificing ther ctra banners yet tho.......

ps - Xaotik, pmsl

Sacrifice all non-essential stuff!
Maybe the reason is another.Its just a matter of %.In the older days lfs was certainly less known among the internet,so the community was restricted to a fair and polite group of racers.Now thou,it has a wider diffusion over internet players so its natural that it is going to be polluted by youngsters who just love to set a server upside down...
Quote from danowat :Anonyimity makes people act like dicks, fact

Okay, I am a kid, but even though I am a demo racer, I am NOT an idiotic spammer/racer thing.

Immaturity in S2
(126 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG