The online racing simulator
Immaturity in S2
(126 posts, started )
Immaturity in S2
Hey, just a question.

What is it with some (Ok, a fair few) S2 drivers being immature?

I dunno, it just gets to me when I'm trying to concentrate and I get a racer spamming chat/acting like a prick/like he/she's the most important thing on the server/whining constantly.

(A certain [NiTRa] driver has been proving this x.x)

Why is it?

DK
#2 - HVS5b
Theres a lot of kids out there, more than I thought (as well...)
I think a lot changed since i started to play LFS. A lot has changed in RL too i think its the new generation....
Quote from eight8acht :I think a lot changed since i started to play LFS. A lot has changed in RL too i think its the new generation....

Couldn't agree more.

Whether its the cyberspace or the real world, the newer generation sure is being a whole lot different than it used to be.
... yeah, the kids today. I'd type some more things up, but my arthritis is killing me.
Anonyimity makes people act like dicks, fact
Quote from danowat :Anonyimity makes people act like dicks, fact

And that just goes to further highlight the similarities between glory holes and the internet.
Quote from StanleyCarter :Whether its the cyberspace or the real world, the newer generation sure is being a whole lot different than it used to be.

Simple to explain really the easier it is to live (have a roof over your head and put food on the table) the more self centered and shallow we become as a society.
The new generation is like the rich kids of a self made millionare dad, the dad has alot of character the kids have none
True character and respect for fellow man flourishes and is most pronounced in adversity, history has a habit of repeating, which is why there is and always will be busts following boom times no matter how much the reserve banks play with monetary policyit's the dark side of our nature.
The bigger the playerbase, the higher the relative anonymity is, causing more players to behave like twats - a higher popularity in general also draws in lots of idiots and attention whores. Being S2 licensed has much less of a "meaning" than it did a few years ago.

A second factor is the age group; the growing drift and cruise communities mostly draw in younger people, who for the most part also act as you described.
Quote from AndroidXP :The bigger the playerbase, the higher the relative anonymity is, causing more players to behave like twats - a higher popularity in general also draws in lots of idiots and attention whores. Being S2 licensed has much less of a "meaning" than it did a few years ago.

A second factor is the age group; the growing drift and cruise communities mostly draw in younger people, who for the most part also act as you described.

I totally agree. Both factors are represented now in LFS, and it`s sad that it`s like this way, specially thinking of these attention whores :/
Well, im not trying to cause an argument here, but im from the 'younger generation' (but not someone who spams the chat) and thinking technically this thread could be classed as:

Quote :
a racer spamming chat/acting like a prick/like he/she's the most important thing on the server/whining constantly.

in forum mode not online play chat mode
not saying it is just submitting my view dont come back at me like a tonne of bricks
It's true that immaturity amongst S2 racers seems to be increasing, but we must also remember that when compared to any online games I've ever played, LFS has by far most well-behaving and mature userbase!
Quote from frokki :It's true that immaturity amongst S2 racers seems to be increasing, but we must also remember that when compared to any online games I've ever played, LFS has by far most well-behaving and mature userbase!

True aswell
Tho it`s might be bad at LFS sometimes it`s nothing near as bad as most of the other games. Oh man, wonder how NFS Pro Street forum looks like -.-
Man alive some of you are getting like OAP's with all this, "back in my day" and "kids today have no respect" stuff!

It might be something as simple as more people are getting to hear about LFS now than before, muppets have always been around but maybe they didn't know about LFS.
As you probably know am ad admin on the Windstyle Cruising Servers... On our servers during weekdays it just suxxxs cause there are so many noob kiddies on it you can't even click so fast on KICK / BAN and some new ones join the server. What i recognize is most of them are 12-14 and are from France. They even can't read or write English and after KICK / BAN they spam our forums full of crap.

That's the same phenomen i saw on Counter-Strike over 5 years ago when it began with servers full of French kiddies camping and whining when they get a headdie.

Nothing against French guys. (My mother is french) But i think most of the kiddies on our server are french!

Greetings

eight8acht aka FREDY
Quote from garph :Man alive some of you are getting like OAP's with all this, "back in my day" and "kids today have no respect" stuff!

It might be something as simple as more people are getting to hear about LFS now than before, muppets have always been around but maybe they didn't know about LFS.

Point is that it has gotten worse. It`s not like we don`t know that there are ****s out there, but what we are saying is that it has gotten worse lately, compared to before.
Simple solution - block the chat.

And rather than blaming users indescriminately (this community, that community... big ****ing yawn...), why not get on the case of admins on servers who allow such pointless spamming in the first place?
I intend no offense to anyone with this. I tend to be a grumpy old man myself, yelling at kids to get off my (or Westhill's) lawn, but this thread strikes me as a little ironic.

This thread - "damn all these new players"
Lots of other recent threads - "why are the #s of racers declining?"

Unfortunately we can't have it both ways. If we're going to have an influx of new racers, we have to expect some noobish behavior. We can only hope that wreckers/idiots get tired of being kicked/banned/reported and the new clean guys find their way to the better servers.
People just want to have fun
Quote : People just want to have fun

their way of having fun is intolerable
What we needs is good racing..... and hence good numbers.... If you don't like the chat, block during races.... Nobodies going to or should try and stop the younger generation being young. Focus on what LFS is about... RACING !!!!! and in my opinion it's the best racing available. LONG LIVE LFS.........
Quote from Glenn67 :Simple to explain really the easier it is to live (have a roof over your head and put food on the table) the more self centered and shallow we become as a society.
The new generation is like the rich kids of a self made millionare dad, the dad has alot of character the kids have none

Maslow's hierarchy of needs

Quote from Glenn67 :True character and respect for fellow man flourishes and is most pronounced in adversity, history has a habit of repeating, which is why there is and always will be busts following boom times no matter how much the reserve banks play with monetary policyit's the dark side of our nature.

And I always thought the economic cycle was due to the natural lag involved in the effect of economic changes on one another. Ofcourse all economic trends relate to human nature in some way but I'm not so sure I agree that our social interactions with each other as individuals has any effect on the economic cycle
That's bollocks everyone is mature here gnagnagna!!
-
(niall09) DELETED by niall09

Immaturity in S2
(126 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG