The online racing simulator
Immaturity in S2
(126 posts, started )
Quote from chanoman315 :omg.. i remember.. you played formula v8 at rally with some other Irish dudes... and harjun.. and thats not inmature?..

well OT:
Yes its a lot of spamm and that thing... ppl with strange names or tags(ive seen one that had Idiots-Mark (mark is an example))

How is that immature? We were behaving ourselves IIRC
Quote from Krammeh :
Also - dont forget you are all older yourselves now - you were probably just like them

That's very true for a lot of ages. Everyone always thinks they are mature. From a 10 year old to a 30 year old. In my school I see a lot of 14 year olds, and sometimes I really think: "Was I like that too?.. naaaah, impossible".
But thanks to my ex-gf I now have no clue on people my age. Apparently she was this childish in behaviour, I never really realised how different girls my age really are. I missed out
Gotta do some catching up
A good quote from a decent movie that applies..

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." - Kay (Tommy Lee Jones) - "Men in Black"
I think some of u guys are over-analyzing the situation (although your theories are pretty cool). Some people get on LFS to really race, some to relax after a hard day's work.. some take it serious and some take it social/casual. Kids WILL ALWAYS be immature relative to an older crowd, so there's nothing new there.

There are avenues for serious no-nonsense racing like the big leagues (OWRL, Gentlefoot, iGTC, etc..). I don't think you'll find spam/chat there. If you're serious and mature, I think you'll align yourself to take the avenues that best fit your expectations.
Quote from Alles :ahhhh, where are those good old S1 days... :worried:

Gone since S2 came out... (?)....
I went to the [D1GP] server, and there were many many crashers, they dont follow the rules. The main crasher was someone called Crille
i think this is a great point to bring up i myself have been playing lfs for quite sometime now and the lack of maturity and race wreckers has even made me stop playing the game for a few months here and there, now i think it is slightly better with the introduction with cruise servers.........all the new players only in it for some fun go there while all racers/drifters have their own servers to get on with the racing/drifting. althought u still get the odd wrecker thats part of racing and will always be there
Quote from G!NhO :I went to the [D1GP] server, and there were many many crashers, they dont follow the rules. The main crasher was someone called Crille

Neither do I. Teenagers and alcohol don't mix (Whatever the other generation X kids says, they are wrong).

PS. While posting this, I'm drinking single malt whisky (Civilized).
I too am fond of single malt. Just have a glass of 12-year-old Caol Ila in my other hand.

I like Laphroaig best though.
Quote from March Hare :I like Laphroaig best though.

Ya, Laphroaig is the best if you compare price/taste. Because of the raised alcohol taxes, it costs about 40 euros a bottle. Can't have many good single malts with that money.

My whisky collection have been disapeared almost completely (I wonder how...). Couple of years back I had 600+ eur worth whisky in my cabinet...

Probably the worst whisky I have ever owned is Chivas Regal 18yo (Blended). Still have it, and I have owned it 5+ years. Do you want that I bag it and ship it to you?

</offtopic>
Don't you dare! If you do I'll come to your house and force feed it to you. Through your nose!
No blended crap for me please.
Quote from Gekkibi :Ya, Laphroaig is the best if you compare price/taste. Because of the raised alcohol taxes, it costs about 40 euros a bottle.
</offtopic>

Macallan for me, 18y.o. if I'm lucky.......the Oban is another favourite tipple.

Currently trying the Aberlour (10y.o.) and quite impressed with that thb.
Quote from March Hare :Don't you dare! If you do I'll come to your house and force feed it to you. Through your nose!
No blended crap for me please.

Now, now... It is good stuff to wash the floors.
I have also a bottle of 12yo Chivas Regal (Imho it tastes better than 18yo...), my ex room-mate gave it to me about three years ago. I opened it couple of months ago, drinked half a glass and gave it to my brother.
Well blended passes for baking. My wife makes this delicious cheesecake that has whiskey in it. Unfortunately she will only make it for my birthdays.

The summer before last, when I was in Scotland, I bought a bottle of 10yo Glen Grant. A bit too cherryish for my taste but still very good.
This thread is immature, and only posted so the OP can feel as if he's created some very active thread and feels like he's done a good days posting.

Use the Block messages key - and continue your racing, it's really that simple. If you find a few idiots on LFS too much to handle then your life is going to be a bit of a dissapointment, theres much worse out there.

P.S : We don't need more and more threads highlighting faults and issues with LFS or the community, it doesn't bring us anything, and it just brings the game further into the gutter.
Quote from Rooble :P.S : We don't need more and more threads highlighting faults and issues with LFS or the community, it doesn't bring us anything, and it just brings the game further into the gutter.

+1
Quote from Rooble :This thread is immature, and only posted so the OP can feel as if he's created some very active thread and feels like he's done a good days posting.

Use the Block messages key - and continue your racing, it's really that simple. If you find a few idiots on LFS too much to handle then your life is going to be a bit of a dissapointment, theres much worse out there.

P.S : We don't need more and more threads highlighting faults and issues with LFS or the community, it doesn't bring us anything, and it just brings the game further into the gutter.

The block messages key doesn't always work, does it?

And who are you to say what we do or don't need?

I wasn't on about a few idiots. Rather I was making the point that there seem to be groups of idiots.

DK

P.S. LFS is NOT a game...
I just love the endless fight of sim vs game...
Different word, same package. Same as soccer can be an hobby for other and job for other... Lets quit it before it even starts (Again...)...
Quote from DieKolkrabe :...

I won't even waste my time trying to formulate a dignified response, so to save time I'm simply going to say.

You're an idiot.

Good day.

Edit : I hate to drag myself further into this with you but :
Proud to be banned from Redline Racing!
I'm done
^ That's mature, isn't it?

DK
Yes, and we all know what it's for.

Immaturity in S2
(126 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG