The online racing simulator
Ha. And you accuse me of childish comments.
Sense of humour = fail?
even im bored of fighting with you now Tristan.
(dragons den style) Im out.
No, sense of humour intact. I just don't find cheap girlfriend jokes very funny. I grew out of that when I was 12. Maybe one day you will too. Maybe you'll also, like Sam, be able to read posts for what they say, rather than what you want them to mean. Couple that with some learning about cars and mechanics and you'll be well away. You might even be able to stretch to an NVQ.
Quote from tristancliffe :
You've not watched EuroBOSS have you? Essentially ClubF1. Yes, it would make you an F1 driver, although not a professional or official F1 driver. I drive an F3 car, and therefore I am an F3 driver.

Whoo hooo so im a world rally driver now and a world superbike rider awesome.

And all these personal digs are really pathetic, It must really bug you that i have a better job, car and bike than you? Go cry to your dad and see if he will buy you another race car.
Quote from tristancliffe :Maybe you'll also, like Sam, be able to read posts for what they say, rather than what you want them to mean.

You mean exactly what you did with nisskids post. So what your saying is aslong as people agree with you they are correct?
I never said they were exactly the same. But they are very comparible. Go round a corner at 0.4g and it's a bit like going round a corner at 2.0g, but a bit faster. Same forces, some directions, just different strengths.

yeh, strengths. its like being slapped every day, then someone comes along with a baseball bat, and saying you should be used to it and it shouldnt hurt.

I'm talking about your first season too (the learning season, where protocols and competitors are new to you, as are all the tracks, and as is the car you're driving. My controls DO NOT CHANGE WITH HEAT (other than warming up brakes and tyres, which isn't what you were referring to, and the latter of which is in LFS anyway and can be learnt there). My gear lever is plastic, and snicks into each gear with a tiny flick of the wrist. It's actually easier than on the G25 where I have to think.

ur controls do change with heat, its just ur not pushing them hard enough to heat them up to a point where they change

In club level motorsport, in the UK at least, you HAVE to have seats and harnesses. You cannot race without them. So all drivers have them. I stepped into a full race car in May last year and whilst I wasn't immediately on the pace (old tyres, very wet track, and a few other problems I won't bore you with) it all seemed very natural and much like LFS. G-forces aren't disorientating.

thats great, but since we are talking LFS here, why dont we look at the majority of the cars which feature in LFS, cars which are still running stock seats in the game. since we are comparing car for car, this would mean we'd have to compare them to a car in real life with stock seats.

but really, my point is that unless you are running full race seat and harness, neck stabilizer etc, ur going to move around, and most cars at a beginner level do not have this.

No, I'm not scared of that. The only thing in racing that frightens me is fire, and being trapped in the car.

yeh, thats caused from crashing often, hence crashing and dying. so ur scared of fires, but ur not scared of dying on impact?

Brakes don't overheat. There is something wrong with your brakes if they do. Race brakes haven't regularly overheated since about 1965, because it's very simple to cool them down. Clutches overheat a bit on the start, but thereafter you don't use them, and you don't make use of biting points. My car doesn't need the clutch for upshifts, but even in cars that do it's only a quick stab. Fluid doesn't boil. Not if you change it every so often and use a grade that has a higher boiling point than it will reach which is easy to estimate. Professionals probably use a smaller safety margin, but boiling brakes remain rare. So if your car is so badly prepared, you can't blame LFS for that.

haha uve never raced a full sized car have you? racing little open wheelers which weigh less than a motorbike is a little different to racing a full size car, u have a lot more weight to throw around and stop, this puts more strain on brakes as well as other things.

Maybe you use the word fear in a way I wouldn't. I've never yet been scared in a racing car. I get nervous - the same butterflies I get before I give a public address or go on stage as an actor. I know the adrenaline is pumping. But I've never ever been scared, or suffered from fear. It's not over confidence - a few times out I've not had any confidence (Rockingham, for example) but it's certainly not fear.

you do realise that nervousness is a type of fear, what is the rational reasoning for being nervous, if it's not about fearing something. once you go the adrenaline is pumping big time, your mind sharpens and your more focused, this is the product of adrenaline which is triggered by the fear. you can call it what you want, but that thing that keeps the adrenaline pumping around you is fear, you may not like labeling it as fear, but if you look back to why the body does it, it does it in the case of when the human is faced with danger, the fear of this danger causes the adrenaline release to help them in the situation.

i do know what you mean, when you get to a certain stage you dont seem to notice the fear, but it is still there, you just have the confidence that helps overcome it and put it secondary while you focus on other things, things which help you to go faster.

Why should I be scared. I know how to drive. I have a good idea of my personal limits and how to start at a circuit (from starting carefully in LFS). The controls are all the same. I know every nut and bolt on the car [almost intimately]. I know the tracks (i.e. corner directions and radii)... Why should I be scared?

er... so ur saying u will never crash? id say some of the great drivers that have died in the past racing would have said the same, the difference is they probably werent as ignorant about the sports dangers, because the dangers are real, there is a chance you could crash, injure urself, cripple urself, or even die, that id say is a pretty rational fear.

Sam understand what I'm meaning. You will not get in a racing car for the first time and be 'on the pace' because of LFS. But you will slash your learning curve by factors of 10, if not 100, by learning what you need to know in some detail in a simulator. How to cope with oversteer and understeer. How to feel the limit. How to know if you've overcooked it, and what to do about it. How to cope with cold tyres. How the balance changes minutely with fuel load variances. How to drive a car on the limit (and even slightly over it) without getting too close to an accident

a lot of these things are things you will pick up pretty quickly on the track anyway. if you notice these things in real life you will learn how to deal with them. cars handle differently, you cannot get in one and expect to do every like you did in the other, you have to learn the different characteristics, let alone changing from a car on a computer screen to a car in real life. the input you get from just a few practice days will teach you more about the feel of a car than anything u will have learnt in LFS, as the input u get from LFS is nowhere near as detailed and extensive, although still very impressive for a computer game.

although i think im now getting away from my point.

I'm no pro. My idea of what isn't close to an accident is a lot lower than a skilled driver, and I've yet to claim I'm the best on my grid, let alone the best in the world. The difference between me driving and Rickard Rydell (who used to own my car) is probably several seconds per lap - before he changed the setup to suit him. But I'm still able to go into Riches corner at Snetterton at over 2g and over 120mph, get a slide mid-corner, hold it to the exit whilst trying to get the inside line into Sears. I know I am, because I've done it.

and this kids, is what we get down to. unfortunately you are too arrogant and self absorbed that u are neglecting to have a proper argument. ive tried to keep personal attacks out of this, ive been noticing this develop through the thread, but it was mainly this post that really showed it, and more specifically this part. its very hard to have an argument with someone that's more motivated about glorifying themself rather than actually having a proper argument.
Threads like this make me look forward to the thread about the LFS UK karting meet aftermath - sadly by the time you guys get there you've all blown your steam and it turns out to be a disappointment for international readers.
Quote from xaotik :Threads like this make me look forward to the thread about the LFS UK karting meet aftermath - sadly by the time you guys get there you've all blown your steam and it turns out to be a disappointment for international readers.

nah these threads are boring, too much reading. need short and sharp insults, then things need to get personal, bring in some personal info and ur set.
Quote from andybarsblade :(dragons den style) Im out.

Damn it! I'm always late

On topic: I think it's pretty much the same (skills you learn I mean). Major difference is that those ones are not actually so scarying
^ Those barriers are a good point indeed. Only based on their effects real life is arguably safer than LFS.

Quote from nisskid :nah these threads are boring, too much reading. need short and sharp insults, then things need to get personal, bring in some personal info and ur set.

Well Andy and Tristan are approaching that event horizon.
Quote from nisskid :...once you go the adrenaline is pumping big time, your mind sharpens and your more focused, this is the product of adrenaline which is triggered by the fear.

Adrenaline is not only triggered by fear...

I have done alot of running and cycling in my younger days, I liked it alot because of the adrenaline rushes you would get (i.e. second, third and even fourth winds - very adictive )

Adrenaline is triggered by the expectation of competition, the excitement of pushing yourself to the limits and in some cases by sensing or expecting danger. But it's definately not the only way to recieve an adrenaline rush or get butterflys

It's also been well documented that alot of so called thrill seekers don't have the same sense of fear as us mere mortals, that alot of race drivers also have the same gene makeup as those that a serial killers might have, etc
Quote from Glenn67 :alot of race drivers also have the same gene makeup as those that a serial killers might have, etc

Very true i've heard that Kimi Raikkonen has bored loads of people to death
Quote from andybarsblade :Whoo hooo so im a world rally driver now and a world superbike rider awesome.

No, it makes you an Evo driver, and a Superbike rider. Not "world" in either case, and certainly not rally car.
Quote from andybarsblade :And all these personal digs are really pathetic, It must really bug you that i have a better job, car and bike than you? Go cry to your dad and see if he will buy you another race car.

Blimey, you've stooped to a new low. I don't see how your job or car is better than mine. I wouldn't want either of yours. As for bikes, I'm partial to a different type to you anyway. But it is nice to see you plumbing new depths for personal insults.

Quote from andybarsblade :You mean exactly what you did with nisskids post. So what your saying is aslong as people agree with you they are correct?

You mean that time you thought I didn't get the point of his posts, but it turned out I did, and you hadn't? And still don't, it seems

Quote from nisskid :yeh, strengths. its like being slapped every day, then someone comes along with a baseball bat, and saying you should be used to it and it shouldnt hurt.

What a stupid comparison. It doesn't hurt. You just deal with it. It doesn't take any additional concentration. Maybe at 3.0g upwards it would, but lets stick to the original point about beginners to racing - not likely in 3g+ cars. The only time you notice the g-forces particularly is the next day when your neck aches a little bit.
Quote from nisskid :ur controls do change with heat, its just ur not pushing them hard enough to heat them up to a point where they change

So tell me - my brakes are cooled and sized sufficient to manage 1.6+g braking all day every day. Once they are up to temperature (two laps, max) how will they vary? How will the clutch (which you use gently in the paddock and hard once at the start) vary over a race? How will any of the controls actually change on a car that is build vaguely properly? Or perhaps you've not actually driven many races.
Quote from nisskid :thats great, but since we are talking LFS here, why dont we look at the majority of the cars which feature in LFS, cars which are still running stock seats in the game. since we are comparing car for car, this would mean we'd have to compare them to a car in real life with stock seats.

Stock seats are fine in road cars like in LFS, and with a decent seatbelt would manage up to about 1g. The GTR cars will have better seats, but still use the road interiors for the time being. The formula cars don't even have seats in LFS, but they would be tailored to the drivers too.
Quote from nisskid :but really, my point is that unless you are running full race seat and harness, neck stabilizer etc, ur going to move around, and most cars at a beginner level do not have this.

Except in England, where I am, you MUST have a seat and harness to race. Neck braces are dangeous and shouldn't be used. A 12 year old's neck would be sufficient for most road style race cars.
Quote from nisskid :yeh, thats caused from crashing often, hence crashing and dying. so ur scared of fires, but ur not scared of dying on impact?

You won't believe me, but no. Nor injury. Just fire. Genuinely.
Quote from nisskid :haha uve never raced a full sized car have you? racing little open wheelers which weigh less than a motorbike is a little different to racing a full size car, u have a lot more weight to throw around and stop, this puts more strain on brakes as well as other things.

Haha, you've no idea about physics have you.
The size of the car makes relatively little difference to the size of the brakes, because you brake later and harder. The only difference is that something light doesn't have to brake as much because they can corner faster due to a higher coefficient of friction
Quote from nisskid :you do realise that nervousness is a type of fear, what is the rational reasoning for being nervous, if it's not about fearing something. once you go the adrenaline is pumping big time, your mind sharpens and your more focused, this is the product of adrenaline which is triggered by the fear. you can call it what you want, but that thing that keeps the adrenaline pumping around you is fear, you may not like labeling it as fear, but if you look back to why the body does it, it does it in the case of when the human is faced with danger, the fear of this danger causes the adrenaline release to help them in the situation.

But it's not actually fear. I'm not scared. How else do you want me to put it. Ask any race driver if they are scared waiting to go out, and they will say no. They wouldn't do it if they were.
Quote from nisskid :i do know what you mean, when you get to a certain stage you dont seem to notice the fear, but it is still there, you just have the confidence that helps overcome it and put it secondary while you focus on other things, things which help you to go faster.

Partially agree. I got well past that stage in LFS you see. See how it helps in that regard.
Quote from nisskid :er... so ur saying u will never crash? id say some of the great drivers that have died in the past racing would have said the same, the difference is they probably werent as ignorant about the sports dangers, because the dangers are real, there is a chance you could crash, injure urself, cripple urself, or even die, that id say is a pretty rational fear.

Err, no. I said plenty of better drivers have crashed, thus implying my time will come soon. Do please keep up. It's got nothing to do with ignorance. I don't see motorsport as that dangerous to worry about each time I go out - if I did, I wouldn't want to do it. I have accepted all the risks as being pretty unlikely, and the only one that worries me is fire.
Quote from nisskid :a lot of these things are things you will pick up pretty quickly on the track anyway. if you notice these things in real life you will learn how to deal with them. cars handle differently, you cannot get in one and expect to do every like you did in the other, you have to learn the different characteristics, let alone changing from a car on a computer screen to a car in real life. the input you get from just a few practice days will teach you more about the feel of a car than anything u will have learnt in LFS, as the input u get from LFS is nowhere near as detailed and extensive, although still very impressive for a computer game.

And LFS teaches you how to go about different car types. Switch from the FOX to the FO8 and you'll learn about handling more power and grip, and a different balance (probably). See what I'm getting at here - LFS can teach that skill as well
Quote from nisskid :and this kids, is what we get down to. unfortunately you are too arrogant and self absorbed that u are neglecting to have a proper argument. ive tried to keep personal attacks out of this, ive been noticing this develop through the thread, but it was mainly this post that really showed it, and more specifically this part. its very hard to have an argument with someone that's more motivated about glorifying themself rather than actually having a proper argument.

Glorifying myself? Read my first post - I simply state that I believe LFS to be a stunningly useful aid to real race driving. I still do, and your arguments have no basis. You talk about controls altering - they don't. You talk about g-forces - they aren't an issue (up to about 3.0g). You talk about handling - LFS helps. You talk about all sorts of things, but it boils down to the fact that LFS can only NOT assist you in the cold brakes region, which I admit is quite an issue for a couple of laps.
Quote from nisskid :nah these threads are boring, too much reading. need short and sharp insults, then things need to get personal, bring in some personal info and ur set.

Andy is good at those. It makes up for him not understanding words.
Quote from Glenn67 :I have done alot of running and cycling in my younger days, I liked it alot because of the adrenaline rushes you would get (i.e. second, third and even fourth winds - very adictive )

The oxygen high is just unbeatable.
So that makes you the driver of an out of date formula 3 car, not a driver in F3 or F3 driver.

And even more off topic what sort of bikes do you like?
Yes. I have never claimed otherwise. But it's still an F3 car, whereas an Evo isn't a world car or a rally car. The question is, is a 2007 F3 car an out of date F3 car in your mind. Is a 2001 car? Where do you draw the line? Do you consider an 'out of date' Evo as being worse than a current one? Is a Stratos worse than a Hyena? What's your point? Are the likes of Damon Hill, JJ Lehto, Eddie Irvine all bad drivers because they only drove 'out of date' F3 cars?

Smaller engined things. 400cc sports bikes. I would love (and pay over the odds for) a beautiful NC30 Honda VFR, even though they are gutless low down, and a bit square looking. For a modern thing I could just about be happy with an R6, but mainly because there isn't much of a 400cc market these days.

I rode a friends 748 a few years ago, and whilst it was an amazing, and beautiful machine, I think it was a bit too raw to use as everyday transport. I'd never have supposed that such stiff suspension would actually work
Quote from andybarsblade :Very true i've heard that Kimi Raikkonen has bored loads of people to death

LOL

Some interesting snipits

Quote :Adrenaline Addiction
"Adrenaline addiction is very common.
·Type-A personalities become addicted to their excessive activity by the stimulation and arousal of adrenaline.
·People who are constantly angry, fearful, guilty, or worrisome arouse their adrenaline hormone even though they may sit around doing nothing else.
· People who are excessive in their participationin jogging, exercise, bodybuilding, aerobics, sports, skiing, mountain climbing, car racing or flying…airplanes become addicted because of the adrenaline rush from their activity. They describe the 'rush' they get from their activity and feel depressed when they can't participate for some unexpected reason."

And

Quote :Adrenaline and Stress
It's important to realize that engaging in activities that cause a release of adrenaline, such as playing computer games, is the wrong way to deal with stress.
In the short term, adrenaline makes you feel more alert. But in the long term, you become tired and unable to deal with stress.
The next time you feel like playing computer games or surfing the Internet, try to do something relaxing instead such as:
·Taking a hot bath or a shower
·Taking a nap
·Vision Exercises: palming, breathing and blinking, sunning, swinging, distance viewing (Bates' method)
·Getting some fresh air
·Exercise (Moderate)
· Drinking a glass of water or a rehydration drink
· Stretching

Meh thats good advise for me I'm always dealing with stress the wrong way
^ Yes, surfing the internet is really giving me an adrenaline rush.
Quote from AndroidXP :^ Yes, surfing the internet is really giving me an adrenaline rush.

LOL so you can see why people have died playing computer games none stop. Lots of caffeine, sleep deprivation, and increased levels of stress just wears there poor little brains out

ROFL sidi I think you got the wrong end of the stick

I'm off to take a hot shower and relax my eyes lol
tbh, im over writing these posts, as much as i want to respond, i just cant see any point, you are content with your opinion. im only going to respond to things i think we can actually talk about without going in circles.
Quote from tristancliffe :What a stupid comparison. It doesn't hurt. You just deal with it. It doesn't take any additional concentration. Maybe at 3.0g upwards it would, but lets stick to the original point about beginners to racing - not likely in 3g+ cars. The only time you notice the g-forces particularly is the next day when your neck aches a little bit.

its called an analogy, i meant that a small amount of something all the time doesnt necessarily mean you will be ready for a lot of it.

Quote from tristancliffe :Stock seats are fine in road cars like in LFS, and with a decent seatbelt would manage up to about 1g. The GTR cars will have better seats, but still use the road interiors for the time being. The formula cars don't even have seats in LFS, but they would be tailored to the drivers too.

have you raced cars around a circuit with just stock seats and seat belts? do you realise that most stock seats arent even bucket seats? and that most bucket seats in sports cars still use very small sides which still struggle to hold someone.

Quote from tristancliffe :Haha, you've no idea about physics have you.
The size of the car makes relatively little difference to the size of the brakes, because you brake later and harder. The only difference is that something light doesn't have to brake as much because they can corner faster due to a higher coefficient of friction

er...did u forget the part about momentum, and how its harder to stop a car that weighs at least 2-3 times more? if tyres were the same, and brakes were the same, not only would the brakes need to bite in harder for more need of braking force, but they would need to be under force for longer, this means an increase of heat, this combined with the fact the brakes are hidden behind body panels and not out un protected in the wind, means heat.

owell, i guess your right, i just hope the thousands of professional drivers dont see this game and use it to improve their driving by what was it, 10 or even 100 fold? to think of all those suckers, spending time on the track practicing when they could be at home on their computers increasing their learning curve by 10 or 100 fold.
Quote from Glenn67 :LOL
Adrenaline and Stress
It's important to realize that engaging in activities that cause a release of adrenaline, such as playing computer games, is the wrong way to deal with stress.
In the short term, adrenaline makes you feel more alert. But in the long term, you become tired and unable to deal with stress.
The next time you feel like playing computer games or surfing the Internet, try to do something relaxing instead such as:
·Taking a hot bath or a shower
·Taking a nap
·Vision Exercises: palming, breathing and blinking, sunning, swinging, distance viewing (Bates' method)
·Getting some fresh air
·Exercise (Moderate)
· Drinking a glass of water or a rehydration drink
· Stretching

so true, most track days i dont get much sleep due to a shit sleep pattern, hell once id only got 2-3 hours sleep, i got out there and felt so shit, i was seriously at a point where i wanted to go to sleep but was in so much pain from being tired i couldnt get to sleep. got out on the track and couldnt feel a thing, walked around all day like id had 10 hours sleep, even having to jack up and change tyres every session or so. when i leave from these events im usually so tired is kinda dangerous, get home and ill just sleep. even tho 1 hour ago i was alert as all ****.

its a great thing, but it can be dangerous on the come down.
Quote from nisskid :its called an analogy, i meant that a small amount of something all the time doesnt necessarily mean you will be ready for a lot of it.

But it was a rubbish analogy. And if you've ever squealed your tyres round a corner, and experienced that level of force, then I think you'd cope with 2g.
Quote from nisskid :have you raced cars around a circuit with just stock seats and seat belts? do you realise that most stock seats arent even bucket seats? and that most bucket seats in sports cars still use very small sides which still struggle to hold someone.

On track days I've used standard seats, yes. They were fine in a road car, because they don't generate much force anyway. But as soon as your RACE, which is what we're talking about, isn't it, then you need to have racing bucket seats and 4 point harnesses minimum - no standard seats. Sorry, I don't like the word stock, as it makes me think of gravy.
Quote from nisskid :er...did u forget the part about momentum, and how its harder to stop a car that weighs at least 2-3 times more? if tyres were the same, and brakes were the same, not only would the brakes need to bite in harder for more need of braking force, but they would need to be under force for longer, this means an increase of heat, this combined with the fact the brakes are hidden behind body panels and not out un protected in the wind, means heat.

No, I didn't. You are still slowing down. the heavier cars slow down over a longer period than the lighter cars, so the change of momentum isn't going to be vastly different really. Besides, if your car needs bigger brakes you fit bigger brakes. Takes a minute to work it out really. Very simple equations. Hell, most of the time you don't even need to use equations, you just phone up a supplier and the new bits arrive the next day.

My brakes aren't out in the wind - they are enclosed in wheels, just like on any car with outboard brakes. What point were you making about brakes anyway? When was the last time you saw a race car (either a road conversion or a purebred race car) suffer from brakes overheating? I can't remember the last time, but it would have been through mistreatment rather than insufficient thermal capacity anyway - not changing the fluid, or buying cheap pads etc.
Quote from nisskid :owell, i guess your right, i just hope the thousands of professional drivers dont see this game and use it to improve their driving by what was it, 10 or even 100 fold? to think of all those suckers, spending time on the track practicing when they could be at home on their computers increasing their learning curve by 10 or 100 fold.

Of course the professional racers don't use sims to improve themselves. What a daft suggestion. We were talking about learning a lot of the basics of real life racing, and I state that LFS can get you very quickly to within a couple of seconds of the pace. In club racing, the newbies who DON'T give themselves additional track time in a simulator are going to be giving themselves a disadvantage. They won't be able to try hundreds of things, from different cornering techniques to oversteer correction, via setup changes all in a day.

If you want to try and tell me that sim racing hasn't made you better at real racing in several aspects then go ahead. But it's helped me, and I wasn't all that bad (relatively) in the first place.

Edit: Try this. Two guys, around 20 years old. They want to go racing, but have only driven hatchbacks. they cobble up the money for a racing car (what type doesn't matter), and decide to share it. They both have the same experiences, and both know how to drive a car to a very similar standard. They both have similar levels of mechanical knowledge (which is probably very little).

Allow, for a moment, to pretend that they both race in the same race for their first time. One still hasn't driven anything on a track prior to practice, but the other one decided a few weeks ago to get into sim racing. He now knows how to setup a car basically. He now knows how to correct slides and how NOT to provoke them in the first place. He knows what cold tyres will feel like, and what warm tyres feel like. He knows how to race in a group of cars. He knows where to look. He knows when to late apex a corner, and when an early turn in might be an advantage. He knows that trail braking is tricky, but worth it. He knows how to overtake. He knows, in short, every single skill a racing driver needs to some degree apart from, in LFSs case, brake temperature, and more generally personal fitness.

Which one will do better in the race?
I think that LFS learns a lot about how to handle different cars on different grip.

If someone that rocks on rallycross with LX4 or LX6 would try to drive a RWD car on the ice or mud in real, it would not take as long for him to get use to it.

Quote :Allow, for a moment, to pretend that they both race in the same race for their first time. One still hasn't driven anything on a track prior to practice, but the other one decided a few weeks ago to get into sim racing. He now knows how to setup a car basically. He now knows how to correct slides and how NOT to provoke them in the first place. He knows what cold tyres will feel like, and what warm tyres feel like. He knows how to race in a group of cars. He knows where to look. He knows when to late apex a corner, and when an early turn in might be an advantage. He knows that trail braking is tricky, but worth it. He knows how to overtake. He knows, in short, every single skill a racing driver needs to some degree apart from, in LFSs case, brake temperature, and more generally personal fitness.

Which one will do better in the race?

I share ure point
Sorry, but I can't stop grinning when I think of this thread and this, so I thought I'd share the humour.

Vain

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG