The online racing simulator
Mogar I think you are the ultimate fanboy of LFS, better/worst than enyone here, even Tristan. If you can get tressed because the game you must care about it very much

I try not to use those bugs for advantage myself too, it just doesnt feel right
I was going to post this into another thread, but it got closed so I post it here:

Don't you think the devs had posted a progress report if they were even going to? I mean, there have been many threads like this and they have decided not to answer.

Quote from tristancliffe :If you can't drive because of the weird low speed grip, then learn to drive cos it doesn't bother me often

That's the best argument I have ever seen! It just makes it all...make sense. And saying that brazilians don't understand the development of LFS... Well put! OMG I bet every brazilian thinks that way because 2 or 3 made some "slightly" negative/constructive/understandable posts about the LFS progress. The same thing would be to say: (better not say it ).

---
I just feel little surprized that we hear nothing. LFS is made by three developers and the biggest difference to the mega corps like EA is the connection to the community. That connection seems to be one way atm.

And if the brazilians really have to pay 1/3 of monthly income to be able to buy LFS, they have got all my support. Consider paying that much money and think would you actually pay it?

This whole scene has gone beyond believable point for me. 1/3 of forum users want to hear something, 1/3 shout "Sssshhhh" and the 1/3 is just fed up with situation.

The good thing is that the forum is still nice place to be. Newbies get still insta-flamed by tristan, a new engine tuning thread comes up every 2 weeks and people still have lots of fun with LFS.
Here is your "progress report":
Quote from Scawen :The devs are all alive and working on LFS, and we'll post when there's something interesting to say. As ever, we are working on the things we've said we're working on, and also some other experiments along the way, sometimes giving rise to new things we haven't mentioned before. That's the way LFS is developed, it's the reason LFS is here, and the way it will continue.

And just something about people saying "We have paid for a full version". Please understand, we don't sell versions, we sell licenses. You paid for a S2 license, and you have it! That means you can unlock the S2 content in any S2 release that is available. There is no specified release date for the full version and there never has been.

I'm sorry we can't just bring out releases and improvements at an extremely high speed, but that's just not how software development is. Also, we don't want to keep posting progress reports, about nothing. So little noteworthy things happen in one month... but unfortunately the forum just flares up every month and finally i have to come here and declare that we are still alive, etc...

Again, we are working on LFS and will report when there is anything interesting to say! Thanks!

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=73202#post73202
Quote :I just feel little surprized that we hear nothing. LFS is made by three developers and the biggest difference to the mega corps like EA is the connection to the community. That connection seems to be one way atm.

Great point, and this is what I think that some who try to flame me here in the forum didn't understand about the LFS developing process. And IMO, the 2-way communication with the community is over, for ever, what's a shame. They're starting to want to act like a big company, without being one (and I and a lot of users here DON'T want that this happens).

And looking for the Scawen's reaction to Xcnuse thread, it just makes me think that the Devs really don't want to communicate with the community, just receive bug reports, and that's it. And their argument that it's to avoid loosing their time, well, Scawen just spent his time writting one line and closing a thread. A much effective way to make ppl here shut up whinning would be spend this line with a kind of feedback for us.

[edit]

Finally something about the LFS development. Although it tells nothing that we didn't know before, at least reinforced that the devs
are putting their efforts on LFS project.

And for those that thought that the "shhh... devs are working" philosphy would make them post a kind of progress report faster or make a new patch be released sooner, I think that all this noise that me and some users here did had a kind of positive result.

The more "2-way" the relationship between the devs and the community is, the better to LFS, at least IMO

Quote :And if the brazilians really have to pay 1/3 of monthly income to be able to buy LFS, they have got all my support. Consider paying that much money and think would you actually pay it?

This is not a reality for at least those brazilians who post in this forum. We have a monthly income much higher than the minimum wage in our country (or else we wouldn't be able to have broadband, wheel for our pcs, etc), but the impact in our finances is still much bigger than to a standard north american guy. And if you take in count standard or minimum wages, there are ppl here even in worse conditions.

I believe that the discussion about LFS is above price, it's about the pleasure to drive in LFS. I believe that the price discussion is worth for other games.... LFS is not in this category.
Anyone who has played any release of S2 so far has agreed to the attached agreement, whether they are happy just to play the Demo or have unlocked S1 or S2 content.

The S1 or S2 licence you have bought just buys you the extra content, and you also, by buying a licence, agreed to the following: http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=agreement

At no point was anyone promised a timescale of update releases or regular development updates. Those who are so desperate for updates, you've made your point but no matter how much you ask for a fix to the aero or grip problems it's not going to make them come any quicker. The devs have acknowledged the problems (just do a search in the forums) and that they are working on them. I would definitely rather stick with what we've got than have a rushed fix that causes more complaints. It's much better to keep the physics patches infrequent and well tested - the continuity and quality of the public release would be far better for LFS in general. The balance of public alpha/beta testing to private testing is just about right IMO.

The nature of the project is just different to most commercial games, and in many ways you get a better deal because of the lack of commercial pressures. For example I own GTR which was released with more bugs than I've ever seen in LFS alpha and beta releases. It has had a few patches but we can now (with GTR2 being the developers focus) assume it's not getting anymore updates. Once GTR2 is released I'm not expecting my GTR licence to give me anything. In actual fact due to the OTT starfarce protection GTR doesn't actually run on my newest PC. GTR cost $40 and GTR2 (if I choose to buy - I'm usually a sucker) will be approx another $40 - way more than LFS. I fully expect (based on GTR) after 12 months of getting a buggy rushed release of GTR2 patched up to something half as stable as LFS, it'll be long forgotten by the developers (and a large proportion of those who bought it too), where as the LFS development and community will still be going strong (barring disaster).

EDIT: Scawen has (again) let you all know the development continues on the other 'how about a full version' thread. Can those desperate for an update please settle down and either play LFS as it is, or play something else until you get your magic update patch? Stating the 'bugs' again and again isn't going to get them fixed any quicker, just like Scawen explaining the development process and the LFS licence system doesn't seem to get through to some people
Attached images
Agreement.jpg
Quote from Mogar :And their argument that it's to avoid loosing their time, well, Scawen just spent his time writting one line and closing a thread. A much effective way to make ppl here shut up whinning would be spend this line with a kind of feedback for us.

Hm, let's try to think a bit:
Is this thread still opened for discussions? Yes.
Why did Scawen close the other threads? Because they had exactly the same topics.

So what's your problem? If you want to go on ranting and repeating arguments that have been written a dozens time in this forum, then feel free to do it here!
Besides it wasn't one line xD read the other thread he closed

*cP u beat me to it
Quote from Clownpaint :Until next month when it all starts again.

I really hope it lasts a month. That nonstop moaning about progress reports and repeating the same arguments over and over became boring very quickly.
Quote :The balance of public alpha/beta testing to private testing is just about right IMO.

Don't forget that we only have this version of LFS on our hands is because someone leaked a private (and buggy) test version (that I could get on e-mule and test, and if I'm not wrong, was the patch K, that run very slow compared with the version that we have today, and had some debug information on the screen), and they hurried to launch a version (that was the first S2 demo) in order to stop the leaked and buggy version to spread all over the internet and scratch the image of the new LFS engine.

If this leaked version were not released, we would probably still using S1 physics and content. So if we have the S2 physics today, it is most probably because someone leaked one version (it can be also a coincidence)

[edit]

And Scawen could also put a sticky thread with the "report" that he did on the other thread, so that it become visible for everyone, and not in the middle of a locked thread that soon will be on 3rd or 4th page and will not be seen by everybody.
No-one, not even you, the all-knowing, always-correct, no-nonsense, no-ass-kissing, Mogar could predict what would have happened if that demo hadn't been leaked. My guess is that we would have a "full" LFS S2 version out but with buggy content. What does the "full" tag matter if the only real full version of S2 will be the one before the first alpha versions of S3?
Quote :And if the brazilians really have to pay 1/3 of monthly income to be able to buy LFS, they have got all my support. Consider paying that much money and think would you actually pay it?

Just to make things clear: we do not have to pay 1/3 of our monthly income to buy LFS. Here LFS costs 1/3 of the brazilian minimum wage.

@Mogar's last post.

Agree there. Scawen should post that progress report on a sticky thread, so everyone could see, and when there are new stuff (even if one line), he can post there.

It makes no sense if someone wants to read the latest info have the need to search 100 posts.

[ ]'s
Look sorry to run a way from the topic but i have to:

Pliz stop treating all brazilan as if we behaved the same way, just because 3-4 brazilans dont like the way that thing are being done that doesnt mean that all of us think that way. So pliz dont treat us like that. IM not asking much.
Quote from Falkowski83 :Just to make things clear: we do not have to pay 1/3 of our monthly income to buy LFS. Here LFS costs 1/3 of the brazilian minimum wage.

I used wrong words and remembered wrong things. Sorry for that

As to all some people posting about moaning updates and whatever... All moaning posts I see are the posts about moaning about the moaning. moaning

This thread is a bit joke and it has no real purpose. But the purpose could be to get something little info about LFS. Scawen's new post includes nothing. Not that it was meant to be any kind of progress report at all in any way. And if you get annoyed by this thread . don't read it. If it is so stupid and repulsive the admins will close it.

About that progress report thread. I guess there has never been one and progress reports have usually been posted to liveforspeed.net and not here. After all the thing is that the devs don't want to post progress report so they don't post progress report.
Quote :After all the thing is that the devs don't want to post progress report so they don't post progress report.

Now all that we can do is to hope that the devs have soon something interesting to report, to give us an idea of what is gonna come and when.

And meantime, I think that I will give my wheel a rest. It's my second MS wheel, and it's already failing due to too much use (yes, I made 2 microsoft ffb wheels get worn due too much driving on LFS). Maybe I'll buy a Momo racing, but I have to make a bit more money to that, or take the two wheels and make one with the good parts (well, I've already removed some parts from the old wheels, apart the buttons that I had to change all of them from the 2nd wheel because they got worn, but there are still some good parts to use).

And hope that a new patch get released, and that my future 3rd wheel lasts until I S3 is lauched.
Quote from Mogar :Now all that we can do is to hope that the devs have soon something interesting to report, to give us an idea of what is gonna come and when.

What maybe, but When prolly not.
Quote from Vykos69 :What maybe, but When prolly not.

well, the last progress report before S2 demo launch we had an estimate date..

I think that I've been having problems to agree with ppl here in this forum lately
I want a progress report like that:

Hellooooooo racers, Scawen here from my new kitchen.

We are working now in physics issues. We are about just 2 week from a perfect algorithm that will give us real car behave, no matter what type of car we drive.

The things are going fast.

Along this work, Eric has made some really good looking cockpits, with new gauges and new wheels, with some bumpmaps that jump to your eyes. No more SIMBIN cockpits to your enjoy.

The damage has been improved and now the glass break, the doors fall down, and so on.

The rev limit has been stablished, and the engine now can explode if you put it too hard.

The brake disks now get heat, and affect the way the car stops.

And we have new sounds! The sounds are still made from the engine core, but now a big range of other sounds sources, such as gearbox, differential and body shell, will be heard.

That's not at all. We have much more for your enjoyment.

The aero bug has been fixed, and the sld now work as it must work.

BTW: the rainny and night races has been implemented, but of course, it would not be possible without a new fantastic dinamic lighting engine.

Of course all of those improvements made the file size grew up, so now you will be obligated to dl something around 800 MB, but we sure that is not a matter to worry about.

See you all soon.

(sorry my bad english)
:weeping:
calm down Soro..... we can't have everything......

and I think that we can live without weather effects until S3.
lol

That would be a perfect progress report. LOL!
Soro, you're dreaming.
illepall
Keep dreaming...
Yes, I'll keep my dreams on.

No matter how much I like other SIMs (and I like too much of GTR, GTL, RBR and GP4), LFS is the unique real passion that I have, when talking about things I love to do when I'm not at work (of course I still love my kids and my wife )

In order to fix, grip is the most important thing now, IMO.

But a new track and new sounds would be a great accompaniment to the new patch.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG