The online racing simulator
/me now has a sudden desire to re-make Tesla's earthquake machine and send it up to Scotland

DK
Nothing here in the wilds of Norfolk, mind you, I'd probably sleep through a nuclear war, earplugs FTW!!!!
felt so weird..my legs just started randomly shaking..at first i thought it was my dog trying to climb onto my bed :P but this morning my dad told me it was an earthquake..didnt feel that strong tho, everything is still where it should be
Hey, I sort-of got earthquake damage! The fence at the bottom of my garden is now in my neighbour's garden. To be fair all the posts are rotten, and it was probably the wind that did it, but I'm blaming earthquakes!
bloody earthquake... the booze shelf at the local shop was no more what ama going to do ??!?
Quote from thisnameistaken :The fence at the bottom of my garden is now in my neighbour's garden.

Fast! Call the TV!

Reminds me of a couple of years back that we had a 6.9 hit a bit north of here and there was this awesome surreal TV news report with some farmer in the middle of a field and there was this really shoddy dry stone wall in the background. Previous to it there was an interview of some seismologists saying "this was the quake we were expecting to hit this year - that's it". However...

reporter: Any damage? Any disaster?
farmer: Uh, see that there wall? Some rocks fell off.
*camera zooms in*
disappointed reporter: Ah... yes... I see - well ok -
farmer: But I don't think this is it -
hopeful reporter: What? What? What was that Mr Farmer?
farmer: *shuffles feet* ... I believe that we'll have more seismic activity...
smiling reporter: You've heard it, ladies and gentlemen! On the scene, witness report... this Might Not Be The End Of It!
There is also a chunk of mortar about the size of my thumb which appears to have fallen off my kitchen wall. I think from this evidence it's fair to say my house got hit hard by this earthquake, and I was lucky to escape with my life.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Anyone in NE UK just have their whole house shake like a bitch a couple of times?

I was literally holding my desk to stop stuff falling off it. We don't get earthquakes in ****ing Yorkshire.

Quote from Mazz4200 :Nope, not a thing here. (Newcastle)

Not a tremor in Newcastle for me either.

Wierd, it's felt in York but not in Newcastle so it seems to have stopped at Middlesborough. Maybe it took one look at the place and thought it wasn't worth going any further.
#84 - SamH
Quote from STROBE :Maybe it took one look at the place and thought it wasn't worth going any further.

More than likely! I know I did!
You know how you feel when everyone else you know goes to a party, and it turns into an awesome night where someone ends up in hospital, chained to a cow, with parts of their body sprayed green, and then they spend the next week talking about it?

That's me atm

Stupid South West. All we get is a vague rumble when you hear a combine or tractor going past!
Quote from STROBE :Wierd, it's felt in York but not in Newcastle so it seems to have stopped at Middlesborough. Maybe it took one look at the place and thought it wasn't worth going any further.

Agreed, the only tremors in my bed last night had their epicenter located at my anus. Still, at least I was warm.

Edit:
Quote from BBC :People in Newcastle, ... felt the tremor

Well not according to these forums.
Quote from Bob Smith :Agreed, the only tremors in my bed last night had their epicenter located at my anus. Still, at least I was warm.

That could be taken so many different ways... maybe I should reword that as well?

Or was it just a case of a dutch oven at the home of smith, last night?
Quote from Bob Smith :Agreed, the only tremors in my bed last night had their epicenter located at my anus. Still, at least I was warm.

LOL!!!
#89 - SamH
hehe.. it seemed to go on for ages here. I was in Teamspeak, chatting, and felt this huge lorry going by without making any sound. Then it sort of faded out. By the time I realised it hadn't been a lorry, it started up again and got really violent. I have two CRT monitors, an inch apart, and they began banging together, and I started shouting "holy shit, we're having an earthquake!" at everyone in Teamspeak.

I don't know if it suddenly caught a back/forth rhythm with the house, but *after* it got violent, it suddenly swung in the way that makes you go from "ooh!" to "errrrrr!?" and I began to think the house might not be upright much longer.

I'm a looong way from the epicentre here, but I'm 3 floors up in a house that's planted right on a ridge between two valleys. I'm not sure why it seemed to last longer than the 10 seconds it's said to have lasted, but I managed to say "oh shit" plus an in-depth description of what was happening, on Teamspeak, before it faded out.
Just saw on the news that apparently Grimsby still exists.

*recalibrates earthquake machine*
#91 - SamH
I live around 40-50 miles from the epicentre, and I slept through it.

My parents woke up and felt it, but me and my sister didn't!

It's been all the rage at school today. Not often we have an earthquake in these parts.

And lol at the fact that 2 pages were filled before 6am GMT j/k
Quote from J@tko :
And lol at the fact that 2 pages were filled before 6am GMT j/k

Now you understand why SamH has 5000+ posts
Quote from danowat :Nothing here in the wilds of Norfolk

My girlfriend's grandparents live just outside Norwich and apparently their porch took some damage from it. It was pretty much falling to pieces anyway, but it's worse off now

But nothing round our part of London. I've not seen any damage of any kind round here. I mean I slept through it, but that's not really a surprise. I'd sleep through armageddon.
Like I say, it's quite possible the four horsemen of the apocolypse came through my bedroom last night, I would'nt have heard them, dead to the world...........

Anyone else think that it's a bit mental that the way the media hype all this up?, I mean, come on, people in other countries deal with this kind of "tremor" all the time, but it's a major news story here, people popping up on the news saying, I felt this, I felt that, blah blah blah.....

And there was me thinking the Americans did the best line in over-sensationalizing everything.............
Quote from danowat :And there was me thinking the Americans did the best line in over-sensationalizing everything.............

Hey, you didn't lose a fence. You don't understand what us victims are going through.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hey, you didn't lose a fence. You don't understand what us victims are going through.

Steady, I am sure we'll have sodding Bob Geldof on the TV soon asking for donations for "Fence Aid"
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hey, you didn't lose a fence. You don't understand what us victims are going through.

Well it does seem like he lost a pimp.

Quote from danowat :the four horsemen of the apocolypse came through my bedroom last night

Quote from danowat :Steady, I am sure we'll have sodding Bob Geldof on the TV soon asking for donations for "Fence Aid"

Do you want me to come and knock your fence down, see how you like it? Then shush. It's squished me hydrangeas and all.

Xaotik - attribution error!
Quote from danowat :Steady, I am sure we'll have sodding Bob Geldof on the TV soon asking for donations for "Fence Aid"

Just...no! Besides, how will the cops cope? :P

DK

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG