The online racing simulator
okey, that is a reasonable mod, to make the air flow more controled at high speeds, to make the car less shaky and nervous, but if someone who mounts an formula style bodykit on a smart car... what is that? it's like some one putting h2o injection into a VW polo.

there are preformance mods that increase the craziness

and there are mods that stablelize it to make it safer to add even more power...

if you put stablizing mods on a car that is weak... that's rice...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :That's not bashing, that's just my opinion...Bashing would be "Oh drifting sucks, anybody who drifts sucks..."

What you said about drifting is still bashing, but in a more diplomatic way. For example if I said this about your beloved "motorsport"(as you state) cruising:

"Oh I don't know.. It's not like I don't like cruising, it's just that it's sorta noobish.. Noobish you know"

"Cruising is noobish and sucks"

Both mean same, and both are said in a different way.
car setup tuning + bodykits etc = ok
car setup tuning = ok, but not that good if you want builid 400hp car without any spoiler etc
stock setup + bodykits = rice

imo
Well I wouldn't take offence at someone else's opinions by saying "It's noobish"...sorry if it offends you lol

And it's not like I love cruising, I'm just sick of everyone giving out about it...
damn it, read what i said about rice! if you try to stablize your car while your car is still un-boosted or weak, you are ricing! because i am pretty sure that MOST manufactures would take care of any problems during the PROTOTYPE TEST
In MY esteemed opinion...

Cruising is absolutely silly. What an absolute waste of time! For kids who can't drive a real car yet. But that's no sin, if you like it then why not? I don't care.

Drifting totally lacks class and makes a mockery of real racing car drivers by pretending to be a legitimate motor-sport. Takes more skill than a burn-out or donut, but not much more classy. But once again, if you like it, I don't care, do it.

Racing is imbued with a century of tradition and passion. It's the backbone of auto technological breakthroughs and to compete at the elite level, it takes skill and sophistication exponentially greater than what drifting or cruising does.

Let the flames begin. You wanted a show right?

Get your popcorn and deckchair.
^ Forgot marshmallows

I don't get why every section of LFS feels like it's "thier" sim to do with as "they" want,and they have to flame everyone else.

DK
^cool, sounds legit
Quote from Ikaponthus :In MY esteemed opinion...

Cruising is absolutely silly. What an absolute waste of time! For kids who can't drive a real car yet. But that's no sin, if you like it then why not? I don't care.

Drifting totally lacks class and makes a mockery of real racing car drivers by pretending to be a legitimate motor-sport. Takes more skill than a burn-out or donut, but not much more classy. But once again, if you like it, I don't care, do it.

Racing is imbued with a century of tradition and passion. It's the backbone of auto technological breakthroughs and to compete at the elite level, it takes skill and sophistication exponentially greater than what drifting or cruising does.

^^ Basically my opinion...
__\^\__/^/
@(_-(00)-)
__^__^_^
"moo..."

i believe drifting is a sport, just as figureskating is a sport
Quote from Ikaponthus :Drifting totally lacks class and makes a mockery of real racing car drivers by pretending to be a legitimate motor-sport. Takes more skill than a burn-out or donut, but not much more classy. But once again, if you like it, I don't care, do it.

Wow.. You are now bashing real race drivers who participate actively in drift events and some are instructors at racing schools too. Paul Vlasblom, Tim Colonel, Tim Colonel Sr., Remmo Niezen and many many more. LFSForum is so great, people with no real life experience with drifting being drift experts and knowing everything about it.

Anyway, One thing makes me wonder. I said in your thread about 'what's the fascination with drifting" that you must be a flamer, since your reg date is feb 2008 + you are a demo racer. But then you turned S2 licensed. A week has pasted and you have still driven 0km/mph http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=stats&racer=Ikaponthus

Did you buy S2 License just to be considered more serious at lfsforum? Because from what I can see your most time with LFS is spend at LFSForum.
he might be a weekend/holiday driver, like me, i am viewing this forum from my itouch from under my desk right now... calculus is sooooooo boring
One thing is for sure. I bet my G25 that Ikaponthus wouldn't dare to say things he says about drifting in real life for example to :

Paul Vlasblom

or any of those:

Team Falken Europe Drivers

I also bet 2 G25 that he would change his point of view if he received a proper drift co-drive on high speed track with very good driver and in a very good car. Not to mention his point of view changing completly if he got a chance to try drifting and noticed he is just spinning and can't control it for some reason.
Quote from kamkorPL :One thing is for sure. I bet my G25 that Ikaponthus wouldn't dare to say things he says about drifting in real life for example to :

Paul Vlasblom

or any of those:

Team Falken Europe Drivers

I also bet 2 G25 that he would change his point of view if he received a proper drift co-drive on high speed track with very good driver and in a very good car. Not to mention his point of view changing completly if he got a chance to try drifting and noticed he is just spinning and can't control it for some reason.

but... so would anyone about any motorsport... if you show them what's exciting about the sport, they will love it... especially if it has to do with a car
Let me be the first to state that LFS Sumo IS a motorsport.
+1 to what Danke said

DK
Quote from Danke :Let me be the first to state that LFS Sumo IS a motorsport.

Indeed it is.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I was talking with a friend on MSN about the recent drop in numbers, and he made the point that as LFS caters to many areas, drifting, cruising, dragging, it shouldn't just be called a racing sim, instead it should be called a driving sim, as most of the top servers (CTRA excepted) aren't racing, they're cruising.

Just my random, caffeinated thoughts

/me puts on flamesuit too

DK

u say this but ur on tc citydriving montana right now?
Quote from Dyllaann :u say this but ur on tc citydriving montana right now?

Someones been busted.
Quote from evilpimp :Someones been busted.

I wouldn't say that. At least he's trying it so that people won't say that he's never tried it before. Or maybe he's on a racing propaganda mission on all the non-racing servers.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I wouldn't say that. At least he's trying it so that people won't say that he's never tried it before. Or maybe he's on a racing propaganda mission on all the non-racing servers.

True. Now that I re-read his post I can see that he never said there was anything wrong with cruising but that LFS should be called a Driving Sim instead of Racing Sim. If I understood well that is.
Drifting is a sport, a very exigent one at least in real life...in lfs i tryed i'm not that good i can't get the feel of it through ffb and in a pc...
But in real life, it's a real sport, with real teams, real sponsors, real drivers, real spectators, real fans, real prices, real categories, and real etc....

Not every real racers can drift professionally, and maybe not every real drifter can race conventionally and achieve good results...

Whats harder? 2 hours of extreme G long. and lat. acceleration? 20 mins of rallying and jumps etc? 24 hours of LeMans? or 2 or 3 sessions of 3 min drift races?

Driftting is a SPORT and has no discussion i guess, and it may not be as hard as the most common races we ear about, but it can surrely intimidate a real F1 driver in terms of accomplishment, drift is what most drivers Fear except rally ones, you know they worship GRIP...

Im not a professional driver in real life but i do drive a lot and and many many cars, and i can tell you that in a controlled environment it's very fun to do corner slides, power slides etc..and it's when i feel the adrenaline pumpimg the most...
´
regards
#123 - Woz
lol this thread is funny.....

To clear up for the cruse crowd.....

1) Race
1) Drift

NOTE: I put joint equal. People will argue both ways BUT they are both motor sport so classed even to stop fights

V

V

V

99) Cheese rolling. At least it still has a winner

V

V

200) Bog snorkling. Still has a winner

V

V

??) Cruise. No winners, just a load of losers

All one needs to do on a cruise server is drive slowly (or whatever it is they do there) to get rewarded.. Anyone can do that. Doesn't that make everyone the winner on cruise servers?
To clarify:

I'm on a cruise server, because I'm bored. And because I am, as somebody suggested, on a subtle propoganda mission :P

Quote from Dyllaann :u say this but ur on tc citydriving montana right now?

No I'm not. I'm posting here.

But you are on a cruise server.

Touche

DK

LFS no longer a pure racing sim?
(160 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG