The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
It's perfect kev, the 3200 can't do SMS, where as the 3300 can!

and whats best is its large enough to pretend youre the trigger happy phone guy
Quote from Tweaker :Uhhh, small onboard cameras are usually very heavily saturated, and the weather at that track is mostly overcast. The purpose of that video is to show the accuracy of the track, not the color

Yes, and the purpose of my comment was to say that whilst the accuracy of the track is nice, the colors don't match.

Quote from xaotik :I don't know what's in the air in Estonia man, but around here things aren't brownish in real life.

But they are in the video, doh...
Quote from PLAYLIFE :But they are in the video, doh...

yes because as we all know video cameras especially small ones mounted on cars have exactly the same dynamic range and colour saturation as a human eye
Of course Shot, it's common knowledge. Haven't you read the Geneva Convention?
I used to have a Siemens S45 and the most memorable thing about it was, that it had an April-fools-bug. On April 1st 2002 it turned itself off with a warning beep as soon as you tried to access the calendar. I suspect some software programmer that was fired implemented that shortly before he had to leave. Pretty nice idea, I'd say.
Love the way this thread has derailed!

Very tempted to sell an old Nokia 100 (!) i've got laying about. Either that or bring it into School and "get a call" (a la Trigger Happy TV) in the middle of the library
Quote from Jakg :Love the way this thread has derailed!

Seems quite on topic to me, since iRental seems to aspire to all the opaque clarity of a mobile phone contract.
Quote from Shotglass :yes because as we all know video cameras especially small ones mounted on cars have exactly the same dynamic range and colour saturation as a human eye

I bet no racing track ever has such colors as the iRacing tracks.
Paul Ricard does look a bit mental these days. I wonder how Bernie decorated his house.
Better get used to those colours though, it is the future of all F1 circuits, why do you think the modern tracks have big tarmac run offs? I think it would be a nightmare to watch on TV though, so they need to make them black or grey rather than bright blue!

iRental, a nickname is born, its even better than rTractor.
Off topic but it's comedy gold and about iRipoff so here it is. Mods remove it if it's questionable within the rules, I don't think it breaches the letter but it might the spirit.

Part one

Part two in a compressed form
More info about the iracing sim in the newest Autosimsports

Looks that the initial product is nothing more than a "large demo". Basically XRG, LX4 and XRR for ovals. And few tracks of which half are ovals.

Even if the physics are great they surely are not giving anything for free. The price is imho not too much as is but what you get for the money... Dull cars. I guess it just means that an extra 20$ will be reserved to get at least one or two proper cars to test it properly which already makes it 40$ for just the first/last month
Attached images
infos.jpg

in .PNG... because JPG looks like crap on text like this.
Not unsurprising, two pages of pure brown nosing with no information at all, followed by five pages interview consisting of 50% information and 50% self-fellating. ASS.
Quote from AndroidXP :Not unsurprising, two pages of pure brown nosing with no information at all, followed by five pages interview consisting of 50% information and 50% self-fellating. ASS.

The new screenies were nice
Quote from Hyperactive :More info about the iracing sim in the newest Autosimsports

Looks that the initial product is nothing more than a "large demo". Basically XRG, LX4 and XRR for ovals. And few tracks of which half are ovals.

Even if the physics are great they surely are not giving anything for free. The price is imho not too much as is but what you get for the money... Dull cars. I guess it just means that an extra 20$ will be reserved to get at least one or two proper cars to test it properly which already makes it 40$ for just the first/last month

man... that is some ****ing bullshit... we where saying..."if it's 100 a year then it better be good" and it turns out to be a half assed, half completed game...
Quote from AndroidXP :Not unsurprising, two pages of pure brown nosing with no information at all, followed by five pages interview consisting of 50% information and 50% self-fellating. ASS.

Don't forget the adverts on every other page.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Don't forget the adverts on every other page.

You know how commercials work? Ever seen them in television for example?
looks like they have not spent much time on it graphically, its way too shiny imo.. but thats not the big issue here anyhow. For the pricing of it, im don't even care if the cars are super realistic and tracks are correct to the inch.... But thats just my opinion and "some" will be willing to pay that sort of money out.... but even then, i dont think i-racing is going to be that brilliant.

EDIT: love ur signiture Quicksilver.
KartSim looks way better and most likely will be more attractive in pricing/physics/choice of combos (the Radical is the only interesting car for me, I don't really care about the rest)...
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG