The online racing simulator
The Comeback of Knight Rider
(147 posts, started )
They really didn't do a good job showing the Shelby, it looks much better in real life.... as long as it doesn't have that red light. I would loved to see the Camaro though.
Michael is gone, the original KITT is gone, what's remaining from the original series apart from the outdated music?
Actually they should of used the 2006 GTO,but why the hell is it still called knight rider?.theres no michael knight there anymore,or is it cause of knight industries?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :There are certain programs, that when layed to rest, they should be kept there. Sometimes, it can ruin the thoughts and memories of the original program for the people that have seen the original show. .

I agree, but there ARE a few notable exceptions... The "New" Doctor Who is every bit as good as all my old memories (and in some cases, BETTER!), and I remember watching the VERY FIRST EPISODE EVER!!!
On the other hand, they tried resurrecting 'Crossroads'... that definitely gets an Epic Fail Award!

I have mixed feelings about KR though, I wasn't _that_ hooked on the original, I just lumped into the same category as 6M Dollar Man, Bionic Woman, Man From Atlantis, etc...
I hear they are also trying to rebuild Bionic Woman (well, they sure got the technology NOW!)..I expect that to flop as well (unless they use high grade silicone??)..

Looking back through the list of recent remakes and clones of old programmes, whether for TV or 'Big Screen' makes me wonder if anybody in TinselTown has still got an imagination...
Lets have some NEW stuff FFS!!

Worse news ever...what did I hear about "DullArse" making a comeback? I never gave a shit who shot bloody JR!!!!!
Quote from JTbo :Corvette looks like nice piece of plastic that matches your purse. (looks rubbish)

Mustang looks like it will breath fire and eat your kids. (looks like proper car for men)

BUT
Corvette looks nice and low, with a long hood, and the proportions that KITT used to have
Mustang looks like a 67'mustang that has been eating Burgers till the moment they picked it to be KITT...It's fat, and looks pathetic and just by looking at it you know it's rubbish to drive...your description mathces a BBQ grill though
#32 - JTbo
Quote from squidhead :BUT
Corvette looks nice and low, with a long hood, and the proportions that KITT used to have
Mustang looks like a 67'mustang that has been eating Burgers till the moment they picked it to be KITT...It's fat, and looks pathetic and just by looking at it you know it's rubbish to drive...your description mathces a BBQ grill though

World used to be nice place where you were allowed to be man, enjoy high powered cars and girls, but it is not like that anymore.

Today's world is different and I love their choice that is so unfitting to surrounding world as was original kitt too.
Good old times. I remember when I was a kid, I was always watching the superhero Michael and KITT Second editions are always worse than the original ones...
#34 - JTbo
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Good old times. I remember when I was a kid, I was always watching the superhero Michael and KITT Second editions are always worse than the original ones...

Agree, there might be some extra gold in memories

But that said, I did recently watch Airwolf movie and could not find any faults from it, as perfect movie as before, it is very hard to find as enjoyable modern movie
I'm sorry, the Mustang can bollocks.

This is much better:
http://www.gezemel.nl/wordpres ... oostKitt_A095/kr20081.jpg
You just know the only reason they went with the Stang is because it's a US car. At least the Koenigsegg (sp?) would've looked cool and managed a U-turn.
Rofl, first noticed this topic now, anyway - I`m not sure if it`s a good thing that it comes back, and why did they change car. I mean, the old car was by far a much better car on any way. The new car, well of course it`s nice, but it doesn`t fit in. I rather see that Viper that they planed to have in the serie, but guess Mustang paid more
Old Knight Rider looked alot better, and I really liked the funny un-realistic explosions and jumps and many more.
#38 - JTbo
They wreck ton of those cars in series, so it can't be expensive car, Mustang is very cheap car for what it is, that surely is one of the reasons too.

Viper would been nicer, though. That original Viper.
There already was a TV series based on the Viper back when it was first introduced.

I imagine it just comes down to money. Ford offered the most for the use of it's car.
#40 - Osco
Quote from mrodgers :I imagine it just comes down to money. Ford offered the most for the use of it's car.

Ford's desperate attempt to boost the sales of the mustang could be the reason, it is used a lot lately...
just listing the tv series and movies where the new mustang appeared and was accented quite a bit

Transformers (that evil cop car)
I am Legend (the hero appears in a GT500 trying to look like The Road Warrior)
REDLINE (crap movie but a new mustang non the less)
Drive (pretty crap movie but it's cheaper to squeeze a mustang in it I guess)
xXx2: State of the Union (GT-R mustang)
Prison Break
WAR (not as many scenes as with the Spyker, but still)
CSI:Miami
Talladega Nights

Less known movies and series:
Crossing Jordan
Hannah Montana
Californication
Avril Lavignes video Girlfriend (PINK STANG! shoot me)

AND IT'S COMING IN FnF4...(oh god...)

Edit : almost forgot to let you compare
THIS IS MANLY, not the plastic toy they make now
#42 - JTbo
But someone would sue Ford if it would be that manly, in today's world such manly looks is forbidden
The 65-66 Stang is still one of my favourite classic muscle jobs. I prefer the 67-69 Camaro though Hell, I also like the old 57 Bel Air and Fairlane's.

Screw wind tunnels and aerodynamics. Cars should LOOK f*cking nasty. I want to drive that monster down the street, v8 roaring, making the pedestrians think it's gonna eat them
Hey, y'know how Americans like to license British shows and make their own Americanised versions of them, that aren't as good?

I think we could make a worse version of Knight Rider than the Americans. Give us Knight Rider, watch and learn.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think we could make a worse version of Knight Rider than the Americans. Give us Knight Rider, watch and learn.

May I suggest Audi A6 3.0 Turbodiesel as the new KITT and James May as the driver? those would be lovely conversations, don't you think?
Quote from squidhead :May I suggest Audi A6 3.0 Turbodiesel as the new KITT?

Pfft! Have you never seen a British cop show?

KITT will look like this. And Michael Knight will look like this.

Although actually James May wouldn't be a bad fit...
Quote from thisnameistaken :KITT will look like this. And Michael Knight will look like this.

LMAO, imagined THAT as KITT...actually..unimaginable

and no, I havent seen British cop shows...
And the lady mechanic will look at a bashed-up-just-in-from-action KITT like this.
#49 - SamH
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hey, y'know how Americans like to license British shows and make their own Americanised versions of them, that aren't as good?

Arguably, Knight Rider was one of those.. under-cover, super-hi-tech, gadget-filled...
:*( theyre raping the 'knight rider' name. imo.

The Comeback of Knight Rider
(147 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG