The online racing simulator
The Comeback of Knight Rider
(147 posts, started )
G25 for remote control of Kitt...
#77 - wien
Quote from Michael Denham :...

By the sound of it the new KITT actually morphs from a stock GT500 to the all black, stupid looking thing... through a vague "nanotech" apparently. Any excuse to use some expensive CGI and technobabble that adds absolutely nothing to the story, right? :rolleyes:
Yeah really, I was a bit surprised they wanted the car to morph like that too But I love the G25 remote control, I want one
Well, it's kinda true to the series though, as in the last season, the original KITT morphed too.

But I really hate how the second spoiler seems to be awkwardly attached to the first one, and the stupidly up-sloped exhausts. Looks very retarded, just like what you'd get if you ask a 13 year old to draw a badass car.
#80 - wien
Quote from ColeusRattus :Well, it's kinda true to the series though, as in the last season, the original KITT morphed too.

Yeah I guess... I just get the feeling some executives were going, "You know that Transformers movie? That was kinda cool!" when they made it a permanent feature of the car. Couldn't it just always be in awesome mode? KITT should be a cool car, not a bog standard one that morphs into something special occasionally.

Not that it looks particularly awesome in awesome mode either mind...
Quote from ColeusRattus :Well, it's kinda true to the series though, as in the last season, the original KITT morphed too.

But I really hate how the second spoiler seems to be awkwardly attached to the first one, and the stupidly up-sloped exhausts. Looks very retarded, just like what you'd get if you ask a 13 year old to draw a badass car.

But that morphing wasn't just kind of a special (fake) effect... the wings and all the stuff came out from the inner of the car, which is way cooler (and creative) than just morphing 2 different cars into another.

The rest one is true (and I think we all agree that it looks ugly)
One thing why on earth a mustang kitt is a CORVETTE!!!!

Thats the only question i have
Quote from Chrisuu01 :One thing why on earth a mustang kitt is a CORVETTE!!!!

Money. As I said earlier, Ford offered more money to have their car in it. It's all about money.

The morphing crap at the end of the original series was the reason for the end. It's was too ridiculous. But there are new generations to try to tailor too, and these new generations seem to love this type of stuff judging by all the FnF and ricer stuff.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :One thing why on earth a mustang kitt is a CORVETTE!!!!

No u fool. KITT is a pontiac Trans Am.

Turbo boost!!111!111!
Yuck.
Should have been a black nissan 200sx aka nissan silvia s13.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :No u fool. KITT is a pontiac Trans Am.

Turbo boost!!111!111!

That means ive got to punch dad
Quote from Luke.S :Should have been a black nissan 200sx aka nissan silvia s13.

That would be cool, but from a marketing perspective I think it makes more sense for the car to be something currently available, so people can go and buy their own "Kitt"
so, has anyone seen it?
Quote from three_jump :so, has anyone seen it?

Yup, I had to being a mid 30's male. Typical plot and typical story line of every other television show out there. The morphing car was ridiculous as was an SUV chasing them down and keeping up through the majority of the show.
Seen it, and as funny as it would sound - it WOULD have potential if the people behind it knew what they were doing...and the plot in normal, and all those sendbacks (like a Transam in the garage, and a Big case with a small note "Knight industries two thousand AI prototype" on it, or the Knight license plates in that same garage) and I COULD even live with that mustang but there are a few flaws (MASSIVE)
1) new KITT can't evade a Ford SUV in the mountains... that's an achievement...
2) KITT morphs into a riced up mustang to go faster... that's pathetic...
3) some CG effects look so fake that I felt I saw toys

those 2 parts spoil everything...and Im not a mustang fan, but IF it were done right the plot advances from the original show to another time zone, and it IS actually possible to see this mustang as KITT, just not with the double spoiler and headlight lids, and a ricy rear bumper with a make belief diffuser that can be bought for 25 bucks at your local junkyard...

so there we have it
a slow car that morphs a double spoiler to go faster... FnF anyone?

now Im sorry, but COOP from "Hammer and Coop" mini cooper adverts (A parody of Knight Rider) does a beter job at being cool...plus he talks British...not American...
http://www.hammerandcoop.com/
here's the link where they keep their adverts
I saw about 2 minutes of it and it looked unbelievably bad.
I have it to watch at some point tonight, although I'm not really expecting much.

Quote from squidhead :
a slow car that morphs a double spoiler to go faster... FnF anyone?

Taxi
Is there any connection between "Knight Rider" and "Night Rider" from Mad Max?

Remember, "I am the Night Rider! Mwahahaha!"
Quote from somasleep :Is there any connection between "Knight Rider" and "Night Rider" from Mad Max?

Remember, "I am the Night Rider! Mwahahaha!"

"Toecutter, he knows who I am... CAN YOU SEE ME NOW TOOOOEEECUTTEEEEEER!?"

Yes I remember, but there is no connection whatsoever
I'm really sad about the lack of realism in today's action movies.
Why do they always tend to put silly unrealistic story lines in movies instead of taking the balls to write a realistic script?

It's not just the overdoing of cgi, but the failing of a deeper character at all. But no, we ended up with the typical my very good friend the mechanic, the attractive love from kids days and doing super duper secret special stuff for the goverment story. Come on, even I could come up with this while being on the loo...

The car itself didn't look so bad when it was in normal shape and with a dark surrounding, but the whole transforming crap... that was even done better in the mid 90's (viper anyone?).

So, will we get a whole season (with the Hoff ) or just the pilot?
wow... very bad writing amateurish actors and cgi scenes that have to be a bad joke
being that underwhelming is an achievement in its own right
hmmm? Where did you guys see it?

I dont think it's here in Holland
The depths of the intarweb may reveal these matters to the inquisitive mind.

The Comeback of Knight Rider
(147 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG