The online racing simulator
The Comeback of Knight Rider
(147 posts, started )
I did like old storyline and thin plot with silly unintentional comedy, maybe new version tries to be too serious which spoils most of modern series, don't know, haven't seen it yet.
Quote from JTbo :maybe new version tries to be too serious which spoils most of modern series, don't know, haven't seen it yet.

not sure if serious is the right word... and yes he does that face for a whole 2 seconds
worst bit in that scene is that the backgrounds are inserted into the windows in such a cheap way it looks like a driving scene from a 70s movie (you know... lighting that doesnt match the outside... outside movements that dont fit and dont follow the wheel movements etc)
Attached images
kn.jpg
Quote from Shotglass :(you know... lighting that doesnt match the outside... outside movements that dont fit and dont follow the wheel movements etc)

Oh god, there was a lot of that. Like when they're driving outside on a clear summer day, in a wide open landscape and there's light-beams flashing across their face the entire time. Where is that flashing light coming from? Another one was a plain and simple "KITT driving along a road filmed from a helicopter" scene which they inexplicably made using CGI. The car didn't even look like it was attached to the road. Why do they do stupid stuff like that?
I think noone said that the old series was known for its intellectual depth, it was at least some kind of unique.

I think a whole series could actullay bring that depth, but the pilot itself was just stupid.
For example: The Police Woman is introduced by comming out of the water on the beach, taking a shower and than going to her one night stand girl to take a phone call. If that introduction wasn't just for keeping the males from changing to sport...

Similar introduction of "the new" mike... at some point they mention that he was some army guy in the iraq (how patriotic, no offence), but it's no further motivation in his behavoir...

My point is, when they bring those stuff up, there has to be reason why and not just for faking deeply developed characters...

but +1 for bringing the hoff back on tv (in a positive way and not when he's drunk again)
Sounds and looks like original series was ton better, too bad they are not doing driving like they used to do in old days.
I have seen the pilot and as a serie it's ok (original Knight Rider series wasn't that great, it was the concept that we loved and love makes blind ). But i noticed it is called a movie at some places and for a movie it's not very good.

I don't like the new voice of KITT. It sounds like an old man asking kids if they want some candy. Also the morphing for higher speeds did not look good. I prefered the way they did that 25 years ago with al the mechanical stuff. We now have convertibles with steel roofs so i expected more of that, not this morphing stuff they also used in the serie Viper). I did like they gave David Hasselhof a part in it.

And where was the Foundation for Law and Government? Ok, we could expect Devon Miles to be retired but the foundation was not even mentioned. I liked the part where KITT drove out of an airplane, because i realy expected it to be a truck.

Wasn't the designer of KITT dead in the original series?

And the old KITT was better. It was a special car with a computer that acted human. Now almost every car has a computer, tv's in a car aren't that special anymore and there are cars that drive for themselves. After 25 years of development they build a new KITT that has trouble outrunning a SUV in the mountains and isn't bullet proof when you turn it of. The old KITT did not have those issues.
Quote from marzman :And where was the Foundation for Law and Government? Ok, we could expect Devon Miles to be retired but the foundation was not even mentioned.

They did mention the Foundation. At the end, they said they were going to start up the Foundation again. Which leads to believe that it was shut down at some point (when it shut down, I don't know. It was 20 some years ago with the old NR).
So, has anyone seen the first episode (of the new series) yesterday?
episode?!
I unfortunately watched it. I NEVER watch TV, so for me to sit and watch something is... something.

Knight Ricer! Indeed, the car is ridiculous. The entire show was ridiculous. I think they hunt out the worst actors/actress for these shows on purpose.

...a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

That is from the original series. They should have continued on that theme with the new show. The new one is nothing new. It is the same big giant future tech government agency. There is essentially nothing in the new show that ties it with the old show. That is what they should have done, a continuation of the old show. The only thing that ties them together is, there is a talking high tech car, and the Michael Knight name.

We have enough of this big government agency stuff on TV. If they would have made it a small obscurred agency, just as the Foundation for Law and Government was in the original, it could have been a good show. They could have still spiced it up with the future tech stuff, but leave out all the Bourne Identity stuff out because that's all being done to death in television.

I was very disappointed in the premier, and even more disappointed in episode 1 of the series. Surely they could have figured out what was wrong in the premier from all the Knight Rider fan sites on the net. Yet, instead of fixing it all, they expanded all that was wrong to make it worse.
The show totally got screwed. Car flies in Turbo mode
And I thought it was just me.

Who the hell thinks of those story plots, not speaking of another cool fancy hightech secret government agency? Not that the orginal Knight Rider was known for it's deep characters and stories, but they had at least some charme and something original for that time. Heck, this new Knight Rider reminds me more of Viper ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viper_(TV_series) ) esspecially when it come to the morfing shit...

The only good thing was Val Kilmer as KITT
well i almost watched it... that is after about 10 minutes during which kitt went flying with the thrust from its exhausts and later transformed into a pickup and the lead actress took off half her clothes i decided to not bother with it anymore and turn to something that makes me want to watch it with a well written story instead of bare skin (although she is quite nice to look at)
Well, about the skin.... My kids were still up and playing with the new puppy in the living room where the TV is. I missed the skin! My wife turned the channel

Ok, I saw a little of the skin. Had she just turned the TV off, the DVR would have still been running on the channel and I could have rewound it. But she changed the channel so the recording stops (it records everything you are currently watching so you can pause/rewind until you change the channel.)
I downloaded it and quite enjoyed it. They are also making a new series.
Quote from Luke.S :I downloaded it and quite enjoyed it. They are also making a new series.

We are talking about the series First episode was broadcasted yesterday.
why couldnt they just use the old one, ford mustang sure looks good but it doesnt really suit that well for K.I.T
27 is the worst one... someone fetch me a girl that takes her clothes off like that even when the goal isnt sex please
it seems like they produced the whole thing during the writers strike thus had to resort to using the worst fanfic they could find as the base and decided to fill all the gaps in the 40 min ep that naturally arose from the thin plot by gratuitous nudity... not that i dont like it but its a bit too obvious
Quote from batteryy :why couldnt they just use the old one, ford mustang sure looks good but it doesnt really suit that well for K.I.T

Because they have a deal with Ford.
I watched episode 1 today and quite enjoyed it.

utorrent ftw.
I watched "movie" about 6 or so months ago. Now, I'm watching the show on TV. I really hope this isnt supposed to be serious. Its just sooooo bad. As said previously it looks like I'm watching a 70s movie, and the acting is bad, and the plot is quite crappy. Its kinda one of those shows you watch for the cheesiness. Like when they jumped a car. . . I'm not quite sure that I'm saying, but I am saying something. Help I've fallen and I cant shut up. I guess this is a rantish thing.

The Comeback of Knight Rider
(147 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG