The online racing simulator
I don't know... it's quite interesting that these designs are coming out of years of intensive aero development, and they still look like things little boys might draw when they should be paying attention in school.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I don't know... it's quite interesting that these designs are coming out of years of intensive aero development, and they still look like things little boys might draw when they should be paying attention in school.

Conclusion: If you want a good F1 aero package, get some school boys...
What is the Huge "AERO" switch in the middle of the Renault wheel for I wonder? As all aerodynamic pieces are immovable per the regulations.
Quote from thisnameistaken :...what a pathetically basic-looking aero kit it's got.

LOL.

They come out with fewer appendages and it's pathetic. They come out with some crazy convoluted aero (wtf is going with that BMW's nose!?) and then it's ugly.

They just can't win.
3D modellers are going to have a hell of a time putting these things into games.
Quote from tristancliffe :
Memorise the following numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. I'm going to test you on them later. See if YOU can get them right (and in the right order), because if you can an F1 driver can. Even Montoya could, and he had a broken frikken head.

Ease off the patronise pedal please

For the record, I'm not saying they don't remember them, and maybe they sit down and specifically go through which corner is which, who knows. All I'm saying is that I've seen these little diagrams that they always have in the car, and they really look like they have corner numbers on them. Not marshal posts, not escape roads, not bed and breakfasts And I don't find it so hard to believe that the driver might refer to this diagram at some point IF he forgets which number a corner is.
I've seen them too in the cars. I do not doubt they exist in many cars, not just F1 cars. I refuse to believe they are used by the drivers at any time.

The patronise pedal was depressed at someone else, not you
Quote from MR_B :Oh Noes! *Ba Dum Tish*

Honda using the Antarctic Map this year ?

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I think BMW want to just scare the drivers infront of them off the road...

Maybe they're going to stretch an elastic band over it and fire Koopa Shells at the other cars.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I think BMW want to just scare the drivers infront of them off the road...

im pretty sure its a 2nd seat for drivers that prefer a bumper view
anyone seen the testing times? honda is 1 sec slower then everything else.......some things havent changed.
Holy... that BMW nose is wicked! That will surely be banned though, just like other crazy aero ideas from BMW.....

Quote from srdsprinter :What is the Huge "AERO" switch in the middle of the Renault wheel for I wonder? As all aerodynamic pieces are immovable per the regulations.

All cars have it so the driver can choose to request more aero 'turns' put on/off the wing when they pit.
Quote from srdsprinter : As all aerodynamic pieces are immovable per the regulations.

That isn't exactly true. The crux of the issue is that aerodynamic devices cannot have fluctuating angles of attack, which would obviously give a huge advantage. The swooping nose pieces which most teams have adopted in the past year obviously flex like crazy when at high speed, but they only move in the vertical plane and have the same angle of attack no matter how much they're flexing. If they changed their pitch (i.e. angle of attack) even a little, they'd be immediately declared illegal.
gradually the honda paintjob will show spots of blue, signifying that global warming is melting our precious arctic poles.
Does that Team Force India car say "Jihad" on the rear wing?
LOL

It says ETIHAD. Etihad is an airline based in the United Arab Emirates.

[EDIT: Ack! Hyperactive got there first! ]

Just kidding, just kidding...

(Jihad on the rest of the field!)
NOOOOOO!!! The white Honda obviously states another crappy paintjob is coming.
Quote from Rappa Z :NOOOOOO!!! The white Honda obviously states another crappy paintjob and car is coming.

edited for accuracy.
I kind of like the look of the Honda, it is the opposite of what most people have done, it looks blocky and wierd like a stealth fighter. Paint that thing gun mental with a matte finish and very few sponsors and it would look cool.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I kind of like the look of the Honda, it is the opposite of what most people have done, it looks blocky and wierd like a stealth fighter.

Or if you look at it a different way, it looks like an F1 car from 2005... The sad thing is it's still probably a step forward.
Quote from Tweaker :I hope that was intentional

It was a happy accident just like you...:hbomb: (just kidding I love you really)

Honda said their aim was to recover the form they had at the end of 2006, so the car is technically a step backwards...but a step forwards at the same time. Its their 2006 car but better, basically.
Quote from thisnameistaken :what a pathetically basic-looking aero kit it's got.

:O I've figured it out! Look familiar?

It's an Arrows!!

2008 F1 car launches
(406 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG