The online racing simulator
One small thing noticed in 24h race: when somebody leaves or joins the host laptime and number of laps of many drivers gets to 0 (0.1, 0.2 for sector), then gets back to normal after they cross the finishline again. Not a real problem at all, and maybe not possible to fix over InSim?

A little bigger bug: on driver changes LFS username of previous driver still stays when viewed with ctrl+shift.
yep, the first has been fixed on the relay side actually and the second's fixed in my version.
Can I just ask, will the remote lag servers, because say for example 100 people are on remote to one server, will it lag it?

Just wondering I like it
Quote from Victor :

not really. The only difference between being connected to the relay or not is that your host must send some more packets outwards. But the relay barely sends anything back to you. So there's not much extra strain on your host.
How many insim connections do you use, if you include the relay? And can your server handle it? (dunno what type of computer it is - doubt that'll be the problem though)

Hi Victor

Sorry i missed your answer.....

I have been doing test over the last few days and i cannot see the problem but Lotesdelere insists it makes the server jecky when he races and i trust what he says.

We run one other insim connection (LFSBuddy)

The server is one from 500Servers and this only happens when it has about 20 or more connections and on CD1 this is most of the time.
Quote from zak_mull :Can I just ask, will the remote lag servers, because say for example 100 people are on remote to one server, will it lag it?

Just wondering I like it

You dont connect to the server, the server connects to the relay then you connect to the relay, all the server does is send outward packets to the relay reporting varoius things.

Quote from birder :Hi Victor

Sorry i missed you answer.....

I have been doing test over the last few days and i cannot see the problem but Lotesdelere insists it makes the server jecky when he races.

We run one other insim connection (LFSBuddy)

The server is one from 500Servers and this only happens when it has about 20 or more connections and on CD1 this is most of the time.

Sure it might not be Lotesdelere's connection or pc?
Quote from mcgas001 :

Sure it might not be Lotesdelere's connection or pc?

I doubt that very much or it would do it without relay, dont you thnk....
Thanks mcgas for post completly understand now

Just noticed.... on remote the person driving UFR has a MRT image on spectator, just so you know
Quote from felplacerad :http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=h ... Tab=insim_relay&abc=4

What do I do if I want to add hosts that share the same IP address to the relay? If you try and tag the port onto the end of the IP address you just get a dead connection.

I have 3 servers all on the same IP address each with different port numbers. They each have different InSim port numbers too. I have successfully added one of them but I would like to be able to add the others too.

Thanks.
If you repeat the same procedure for all your hosts, you should be able to add them all.

1) activate insim on the lfs host (with a unique port - you got that i know, but just speaking generally)
2) make sure the firewall accepts new connections on that port (you can IP filter it to 213.40.20.2 if you'd like)
3) then on lfsworld, enter the ip in the IP field, the port in the Port field and enter adminpass.

That should work. If it only works for one host, please double check the above steps. If it still doesn't work, i'm not really sure why not.
That process does work...CoRe has two servers on the same IP with different ports, and the relay is working fine on both.
So I can add the same IP address twice?

When I add the IP address again with the different Insim Port for the other host I get the following message even though the insim port is different:

"ERRORS:
The entered IP and Port number are already submitted to the Relay."
oh hmm can it be that someone else already submitted the host before?

i'll have a look ...

edit - can you tell me the port number you tried to enter? (i don't need the ip)
You should be able too. Actually, I just checked again, and on my InSim Relay page, I have 3 servers linked up, all with the same IP and different ports. Perhaps you should enter one, make sure it connects, and then try entering another? Just a suggestion.
Quote from Victor :If you repeat the same procedure for all your hosts, you should be able to add them all.

1) activate insim on the lfs host (with a unique port - you got that i know, but just speaking generally)
2) make sure the firewall accepts new connections on that port (you can IP filter it to 213.40.20.2 if you'd like)
3) then on lfsworld, enter the ip in the IP field, the port in the Port field and enter adminpass.

That should work. If it only works for one host, please double check the above steps. If it still doesn't work, i'm not really sure why not.

I've done all that for Dead Men Racing and yet relay still just shows 'connecting' then eventually 'dead'. The name of the server isn't show either, only 'Server name will show automatically'
What the heck am I doing wrong?
Quote from Doorman :I've done all that for Dead Men Racing and yet relay still just shows 'connecting' then eventually 'dead'. The name of the server isn't show either, only 'Server name will show automatically'
What the heck am I doing wrong?

from what i can see here, the connection attempt to your host times out (ie. it waits a bit and then fails).

Either your firewall is not setup properly, or you haven't entered the correct insim port (either in lfs or the relay).
Or (to cover myself) it's some obscure thing i can't think of right now But my best guess would be the firewall.
Quote from Victor :from what i can see here, the connection attempt to your host times out (ie. it waits a bit and then fails).

Either your firewall is not setup properly, or you haven't entered the correct insim port (either in lfs or the relay).
Or (to cover myself) it's some obscure thing i can't think of right now But my best guess would be the firewall.

It's a 500Server so I have no control over firewall.

OK thanks for the help

I'll double check the insim ports but seeing as I am using them for Lapper I can't really see how I have them wrong

Thanks again.

EDIT: I can simply update the Insim port number to the other host and it works fine. But if I try and add instead of update it gives me that message. Guess that rules out firewall settings for both Insim ports and proves InSim works fine on both servers. hmmm
Quote from Gentlefoot :It's a 500Server so I have no control over firewall.

OK thanks for the help

I'll double check the insim ports but seeing as I am using them for Lapper I can't really see how I have them wrong

Thanks again.

have you missed my earlier post perhaps? ( http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=691661#post691661 )
Your problem is not firewall related. I think someone else already submitted that ip & insim port.

edit - in fact i'm sure of it.

Slightly OT - now that the relay is used a lot more than before the Remote, some problems seem to arise with the relay setup page. I think i'm gonna have to redo that one a bit for more clarity.
oops - yep - missed that one and read your response for someone else. Thought you were a bit quick even for you Victor.
Quote from Victor :from what i can see here, the connection attempt to your host times out (ie. it waits a bit and then fails).

OK thanks, I'll check it out.
Right - both port numbers work fine when I add each host individually. But I can only have one working at any one time.

The Insim port numbers are 53317 and 53319. I now have 53317 working fine but not 53319 unless I use the update button. Then I can switch over the 53319 and back again if I wish but not add the same host again with the different port.
Quote from Gentlefoot :Right - both port numbers work fine when I add each host individually. But I can only have one working at any one time.

The Insim port numbers are 53317 and 53319. I now have 53317 working fine but not 53319 unless I use the update button. Then I can switch over the 53319 and back again if I wish but not add the same host again with the different port.

hm ok so the problem wasn't what i thought it was then.

Anyway, I've rewritten the internals of the relay setup page - please try again and let me know if it works now.
Quote from Victor :hm ok so the problem wasn't what i thought it was then.

Anyway, I've rewritten the internals of the relay setup page - please try again and let me know if it works now.

Thanks Victor - that's done it. Both showing at the same time now
its any possible to call the iframe for a private server ?

i have the passw of the server

but appears me, this message:

InSim Relay connection created
Selecting 'LFSCostaRicaAV Server'
This host requires a spectator password.

any idea?

LFS Remote / Spectator
(378 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG